Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Gascoigne on Saturday?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Paul Parker playing left back for Fulham against us at Selhurst, an absolutely incredible performance by him.

Surely it would have been as right back?
    I can distinctly remember him being mostly on the left…..however he was all over the place on the day, the ball seemed like it had a magnet in it and time and time again he was there clearing, tackling and heading, it was extraordinary.
    Shame he'll probably be remembered most for West Germany's free kick at Italia '90. 

And I've linked the thread back to Gazza. ;)
  • Options
    Paul Parker playing left back for Fulham against us at Selhurst, an absolutely incredible performance by him.

I can distinctly remember him being mostly on the left…..however he was all over the place on the day, the ball seemed like it had a magnet in it and time and time again he was there clearing, tackling and heading, it was extraordinary.
    Like your hairline, your memory is diminishing mate.  Definitely a right back predominantly.
  • Options

Like your hairline, your memory is diminishing mate.  Definitely a right back predominantly.
    Were you at the game Elfie…..I think not?

• Options

Were you at the game Elfie…..I think not?

Boycotting.
  • Options
    Remember him coming on as a sub for Newcastle against us at Selhurst at the start of his career.
    Yup, I was sat in the Members Stand about five metres behind the Newcastle bench and could hear most of the conversation between Gazza and the Newcastle manager, Willie McFaul, with Gazza badgering McFaul to put him on constantly.

The previous week he’d been sent off at Derby and compounded his error by kicking the “magic sponge” bucket into the crowd!

McFaul dropped him to the bench against us and, if you recall, we went 2-0 up in the first half with Garth Crooks scoring twice at the Sainsburys end.

McFaul put Gazza on for the second half and he immediately took over the game, we barely got out of our half but some great saves from Bolder kept them scoreless.
  • Options
    In recent years the one that has stuck in my mind is away at Selhurst, Championship, under Powell. 1 up from Fuller and they bought Jonny Williams on from the bench. He tore us to shreds and we lost 2-1.  Palace got in the play offs by a point or two and went up. I look back at that game and Jonny Williams performance and wonder what would have been had he been left on the bench.
  • Options
    In recent years the one that has stuck in my mind is away at Selhurst, Championship, under Powell. 1 up from Fuller and they bought Jonny Williams on from the bench. He tore us to shreds and we lost 2-1.  Palace got in the play offs by a point or two and went up. I look back at that game and Jonny Williams performance and wonder what would have been had he been left on the bench.
    I have a similar feeling about that game and its end of season impact but it was Jackosn missing an easy header for 2 0 that irks me. We surely wouldn't have lost from 2 up and they wouldn't have gone on to have 10 years and counting in the top flight.