Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lisbie joins Ipswich

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    One very good reason that he stayed with us for so long is that he was in the process of negotiating a new deal with us at the very moment he scored the famous Liverpool hatrick...talk about falling in a pile of shyte and coming out smelling of roses.
    He became (for a while anyway) our highest paid player and was on a very good deal at The Valley...I don't think you have to look too far to see why he never exactly pushed the boat out to try to get away ,he was in a very nice comfort zone indeed money wise.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Yeah qa, but if you are going to take sub appearances out of the equation then surely you have to also take out goals he scored when coming on as a sub? You can't have it both way[/quote]

I can't recall too many goals as sub. Perhaps his debut goal but not that many to have a major effect on the stats.
    Anyway it's all academic now. I just feel we let a very good player leave for nothing, when I thought that this was going to be his season.
    As It turned out it was his season, not only did his goals deprive us of 6 vital points but now we've also missed out on 600 grand.[/quote]

Queensland, folk had been saying this will be his season for 12 fooking years mate...how can you possibly say that he'd have done that with us and that we'd have got £600,000 for him that's a bit ridiculous isn't it?
    He showed absolutely no indication of that at any time in his career.
  • Options
    Lisbie needed a fresh start, less pressure, a regular place and a bit of luck with injuries. He got all of that last season.

He had injury problems near enough every season, why would we expect any different when we let him go last season?

He could do very well for Ipswich, but he could also have injury problems.

We'll see a similar situation when/if Fortune leaves. He'll get a fresh start and a regular place, and impress, then some of our fans will say why did we let him go.
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Queensland, folk had been saying this will be his season for 12 fooking years mate...how can you possibly say that he'd have done that with us and that we'd have got £600,000 for him that's a bit ridiculous isn't it?
    He showed absolutely no indication of that at any time in his career.

Not ridiculous at all. Had we held onto Lisbie and not purchased Mcleod to replace him we'd have been not 600k but 1.4 million better off. Simple maths.
    Logic should have told people that this could be his year. Fully fit for the first time in ages, playing in a lower league under a new manager. The guy had scored goals against the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. He was always likely to find it much easier going in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fully fit for the first time in ages
    We didn't know it would last though did we?

Pardew was right not to guarantee Lisbie a place in the side, it did him good to move on.

It's not as if we need him now, Varney, Gray and Todorov are capable of scoring regularly in this league, and a lot of fans already love Dickson.
  • Options
    Probably the truth of the matter is that we all knew that Kev was capable of doing what he did last season. Reason we all feel the need to talk about it is because we had all hoped that one of any number of seasons he had with us was going to be the year he finally came up with the goods. Frustrating because we so desperately needed a 16 goal player last season. No hard feelings from me. Can see another 15 or so goals next season if he can keep fit.