Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Cranie from Portsmouth

Comments

• Options
    left back, wonder if basey will be more left wing this term then he and youga can battle it out for the no 3 shirt.
  • Options
    IF true, then Crabman at CH
  • Options
    crabman... he he as long as his mrs turns up to the odd game that would raise attendances.

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/89/85/0000008985_20060920155928.jpg
  • Options
    Rather we just go after a few centre half's than left backs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]IF true, then Crabman at CH

you've lost me, who is Crabman ?
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Rather we just go after a few centre half's than left backs

agree totally BigRed. Don't need any left backs, need two or three CH's
  • Options
    edited July 2008
  • Options
    I thought Cranie could play across the back four.
  • Options
    One thing that came out at City Addicks which people present were pretty adamant on that we would avoid the loan situation after last years shambolic use of it...
  • Options
    Skysports.com understands Charlton are favourites to land Portsmouth defender Martin Cranie.

Charlton, along with Championship rivals Queens Park Rangers and Coventry, are all chasing the loan signing of Cranie this summer.

Cranie joined Portsmouth last summer from Southampton, but he struggled to establish himself at Fratton Park due to injury.

The 21-year-old had a spell on loan at Queens Park Rangers last season only for the move to be cut short after the full-back suffered a broken leg.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed a number of clubs are chasing Cranie as he ponders loaning him out so that he can get some valuable first-team action under his belt.

QPR have kept tabs on Cranie since his first loan at the club and Rangers boss Iain Dowie is believed to be keen on bringing him back to Loftus Road.

However, Charlton are thought to be leading the chase for Cranie with Addicks boss Alan Pardew in the market for a new left-back after the departure of Ben Thatcher at the end of last season.

Heard a whisper there may be something in this. Can't see its as a left back, so he must seen as capable of playing centre half.
  • Options
    I watched Cranie in local leagues before Saints banned him from playing games for anyone but them. Always used to play centre half a school level but when he went to Saints they saw he had good composure on the ball and played him at full back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he won't be coming.........according to Harry they need to bring in defenders not let them go.
  • Options
    Cranie will be loaned out I think, whether to us is yet to see, but he is young and is getting back his sharpness after a leg break last year. Harry is being smart as usual, putting some pressure on his Board to stump up some more cash for some experienced centre half/fullback cover. If I was Pards, I'd be talking to Pompey about a deal for Bougherra if they are at all interested, part cash, say £2mill and 2-3 loanees for the season, e.g. Cranie and Mendes say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]he won't be coming.........according to Harry they need to bring in defenders not let them go.

You sure? Campbell, Distin, Johnson, Hreidarsson, Lauren, Primus, Pamarot and then this Cranie. And rumoured to be getting Kaboul as well.
  • Options
    I'd welcome Cranie joining, preferably on a permanent basis. I think he'll play centre half if Pardew can pull off the signing. I also think Youga could play at centre half allowing Basey to play left back.
  • Options
    Kaboul and Shorey should both sign for Pompey before the weekend according to the press association, allowing Cranie out on loan/permanent.
  • Options
    Appears to be close to being signed on a six month loan deal according to Sky.Cranie link
  • Options
    I know Wikipedia can be updated by anyone, but according to that he has signed already. I was trying to see if he is a right or left back, there is only one comment I can see that he played right back once and nowt else.
  • Options
    I think we are on a promise if no one buys him before mid night tomorrow.
  • Options
    Pards has been talking about bringing in some nouse, Cranie will not provide that, he is as youthful as many of what we have, so either we are trying to bring in Cranie and one other centre half or this is bullsheet imho.
  • Options
    Cranie is a right back but can play centre back and left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wearing 3 on his England kit seems to me that he is a left back.

Also had a loan spell at QPR ast season cut short due to a broken leg.

JESUS - why is it all the players we go for have had a recent injury - Cook, Boazza, Primus. - Can't we get a decent player who has actually played some football during the past 12 months.

Smertin would be a good shout for one -
  • Options
    i think we will get Cranie and one other by close of play someone none of us expected and someone no one thhought we would be able to get
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think we will get Cranie and one other by close of play someone none of us expected and someone no one thhought we would be able to get

ooooohhhhhh you tease!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think we will get Cranie and one other by close of play someone none of us expected and someone no one thhought we would be able to get

NLA is the man. He knows who we are getting. Shame he won't whisper his mates and tell them ; - )
  • Options
    Henry, don't tell anyone but we're getting Ronaldo on a 3 month loan as he tries to regain his fitness.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]wearing 3 on his England kit seems to me that he is a left back.

Also had a loan spell at QPR ast season cut short due to a broken leg.

JESUS - why is it all the players we go for have had a recent injury - Cook, Boazza, Primus. - Can't we get a decent player who has actually played some football during the past 12 months.

Smertin would be a good shout for one -

ALL the players? LIta, Bailey, Hudson, Sinclair, Fleetwood. That's not ALL the players.

Maybe you could consider for second why the other club wants to loan the player out. Out of the kindness of their hearts and to help little old Charlton or to get some money off the wage bill, to give them a game and get them fit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Henry, don't tell anyone but we're getting Ronaldo on a 3 month loan as he tries to regain his fitness.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. Big secret that one.
  • Options
    Had heard a tiny rumour about someone coming in to replace ZZ, someone we have been linked with in the past and thought was out of our price range. Probably a load of poo but his club must be getting desperate by now to offload him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Had heard a tiny rumour about someone coming in to replace ZZ, someone we have been linked with in the past and thought was out of our price range. Probably a load of poo but his club must be getting desperate by now to offload him

Lampard?
  • Options
    Ben Watson?

Would be surprised if true