Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So if season ticket sales are somewhere between......

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
84% and 85% of last season's total, why can't they just say what the figure currently is !!!!

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32606&newstype=t

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    last years total less the 2,500 down this season, easy
  • Options
    Thats not bad considering what happened last year, and the doom and gloom of not signing someone for £25 million.
  • Options
    It's all smoke and mirrors
  • Options
    still not got mine
  • Options
    Still not got mine....but then again I didn't apply for one...
  • Options
    only 2 out of my 5 renewed.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Haven't renewed mine either - they were the last two out of an original eight of us! All drifted off for one reason or another but none to football elsewhere though!
  • Options
    We have increased by one as my mates middle kid is now old enough (5) to come along as well as the 7 year old.
  • Options
    If it's right, it's a hell of an achievement. If we could end up only 10% down on last year it would show that our gate is a lot more sustainable than I ever expected.
  • Options
    up another one up as i have bought my dads old seat he passed away two year ago and have now got it back as had some spare cash.....and well nice to get it back.....for memory and for me children when they come down.....then again know one to my right not renewed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i have a season ticket for the first time in 12 years so has my mate, we both didnt last season. Reason is good value for money i will make about 15 games this season so £290 is good. + if we go up a freebie.
  • Options
    i know a group who have been going 30 years who have not renewed for the first time today.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i know a group who have been going 30 years who have not renewed for the first time today.

Jeez - There must be other reasons for this - Pre-1998 it would seriously ups and downs and if they were ST holders at shitehurst then there has to be another reason for not renewing at the valley.
  • Options
    nope fallen out of love with it,i couldn't believe it when i was told yesterday,these lads used to take me away games when i was only 14.They had season tickets at selhurst and upton park.
  • Options
    I blame the fish Steve
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]nope fallen out of love with it,i couldn't believe it when i was told yesterday,these lads used to take me away games when i was only 14.They had season tickets at selhurst and upton park.

That's crazy mate
  • Options
    Footie has changed alot in last 30 years. Last season was rubbish , but over the years sen a good few of those. However i cant remember such a crap atmosphere , three songs only, sit down at the front. sit down everywhre except in the away end. The Doom and Gloom shut, the RO being shit. Ill go but just dont want to think "must go i have paid already" i want to go because i miss it and want to go.

Loads of our old mob dont have Sts anymore. They will go when they feel like going.
  • Options
    Oh well lets hope those who haven't renewed were most of the whingers from last season............ducks for cover!!..:-)
  • Options
    new people come, older people go, and sometimes people just need a break.

I wouldn't analyse it too much, that's just the way of the world.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]new people come, older people go, and sometimes people just need a break.

I wouldn't analyse it too much, that's just the way of the world.

It was a joke AFKA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I have bucked the trend and come back after 3 seasons! with an extra kids seat, to boot!
  • Options
    about bloody time
  • Options
    Been a ST holder for almost 15 years but didn't renew mine this year, for many reasons, but mostly I've felt more than let down ever since the last couple years of Curbs reign and all the crap thats happened since, we've well lost our way and I don't like what we're becoming under Mr. Pardew.

Hopefully circumstances will change, but we are not the little old Charlton I fell in love with during all those kid for a quid games back in the day when I was a nipper! I'm fed up of paying my hard earned cash to go and watch a team full of underperforming jumped up wannabees with no heart for the club.
  • Options
    10 years what a glory boy! 26 since debut.

Last season this year although I said the same last.......
  • Options
    It seems like we are losing some fans because we are no longer in the Prem, and others because we are not loveable cuddly little Charlton any more. Lose/Lose situation then. Club has done well to hold on any ST holders if that's the case!
  • Options
    Give the marketing boys their due they nearly convinced me to change my mind like they did last year!

Without the continued promise of another 'free' Premiership season ticket this year numbers would be a lot lower methinks.
  • Options
    I think it's surprising that attendances are holding up generally throughout the country. I can understand Championship fans getting disillusioned. As others have said on here before: even if you go up, it's just a struggle for survival and getting slaughtered. How have Derby's season ticket sales gone - does anyone know?
  • Options
    I think Derby are claiming to have sold 22,000. I think they'll do well this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]I think Derby are claiming to have sold 22,000. I think they'll do well this year.

A few other sourcs bookies included said the same about us 12 months ago

I'll renew and renew and renew until I emmigrate. Then again I have a hogh pain threshold!
  • Options
    Channel Four have done a survey of Championship ST sales so far this season

C4 Link