Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So if season ticket sales are somewhere between......

2»

Comments

• Options
    I love the quote on the C4 story - "...rounding up the figures we have 15,000"
    What they don't say is that the figure has been rounded-up from....um....762? ;-p
  • Options
    Interesting stats.....I dont think we have anything to be upset about....its all quite healthy....considering the poor football we endured last season
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's rounded up from 14,000 and something, but as I've explained before it depends what you count. We are trying to be more - not less - honest by avoiding a precise headline figure.

The figure the club gave last season was 17,500, but this included a lot of odds and sods. It's not clear exactly how many of them are there to count this season and it's debatable whether some of them should be counted anyway.

For example, if a sponsor gets ten tickets for every match as part of their deal with the club are they season tickets, bearing in mind the club gets cash for them? Is the referee's guest ticket a season ticket if it is issued for every match?

The important thing is that on the tightest definition - individuals who buy their seat - we are down 2,400, and that number is falling. But if we used the base figure publicly then people would assume we had lost the difference between that number and 17,500, which isn't the case.
  • Options
    Look at the answers from some clubs - Palarse for instance to see that they consider the information to be confidential. At least we've given a basically factual response.
  • Options
    Going on those figures we're not doing badly then. Only Derby, Norwich and Sheff Utd have sold more than us, with Wolves and Ipswich on around the same. Shocked at Birminghams figures though, less than 10k!
  • Options
    Rick and your team must be congratulated on your efforts a job well done getting season tickets sold especially what we had to endure last season and the lack of signings this close season which are none of your fault.
  • Options
    14,000 is pretty good i think.

Broad figures aprox 2,500 down on average gate leaves a loss of income around the £1 million
  • Options
    I love this response ("without revealing specific figures... By the end of the season we had sold 5,909 season tickets..."):

Blackpool
    Official response: "Our season ticket sales for this season are set to match the same as the start of last season. Without revealing specific figures, I can say that we are roughly 350 sales away from the start of last season with just under three weeks still to go.

"So, with this in mind, we clearly expect our sales to match that of last season by the time we kick-off against Bristol City on August 9.

"By the end of the season we had sold 5,909 season tickets but some of these were purchased mid-season on various half-season ticket price deals and also by supporters looking to guarantee a seat for games when we had various sell-outs towards the end of the campaign."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Rick and your team must be congratulated on your efforts a job well done getting season tickets sold especially what we had to endure last season and the lack of signings this close season which are none of your fault.

Thanks, although the credit for the take-up belongs to a lot of people - including Peter Varney, the Target 40,000 committee who recommended the prices, the directors who adopted them and the commercial centre staff who have been ringing around. Plus the people who have bought them!

It would be fair to say that we have sold as many as we thought possible in the circumstances.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Rick and your team must be congratulated on your efforts a job well done getting season tickets sold especially what we had to endure last season and the lack of signings this close season which are none of your fault.

Thanks, although the credit for the take-up belongs to a lot of people - including Peter Varney, the Target 40,000 committee who recommended the prices, the directors who adopted them and the commercial centre staff who have been ringing around. Plus the people who have bought them!

It would be fair to say that we have sold as many as we thought possible in the circumstances.

It just shows that the club need to have a cogent approach and operate in a pro-active fashion. Well done to all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, if we're down on our ST sales compared to this time last year - and Palarse are up on their ST sales,
    then at least we know where the missing ST holders are watching their football this season....... ;o)
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me how much a junior ST is in the Upper North?

CAFC.co.uk just gives me a blank page!
  • Options
    U 18 £125 U11 £99 I think.
  • Options
    We seem to be doing alright then ST-wise. So logically we should able to afford some championship footballers....
  • Options
    no we don't want to buy anyone that means we may have a chance of going up