Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Reed has just left me a voicemail

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
that was nice of him. anyone else just got this about Wycombe tickets?

Comments

• Options
    did he really leave you a voicemail B?
  • Options
    yes he did. It was a recorded message tho.
  • Options
    Oh, whats he say about wycombe tickets?
  • Options
    er go and buy one they're on sale etc.

do you want a full transcript? ill have another listen.
  • Options
    he says something along the lines...

this is a recorded message from charlton atheltic football club and Im les reed.

He says about the tickets and goes on to say this is the first time we have reached the quarter final of the league cup and it is a huge game and your support can help us etc. then gives details about ticket sales!
  • Options
    I just had the same phone call, very strange!
    An interesting marketing strategy by the club I must say :-)

Les Reed sounded like he was reading the script with a gun aimed at his head though.
  • Options
    Quality, how many other clubs would of something like that! We are so unique, even in the mess we are in, this club is great!
  • Options
    My missus just got the same message. She reckons Les sounded "sad and desperate".
  • Options
    Just got it too.

Surely he's got better things to worry about than tkt sales.
  • Options
    Just received my call from Les.....tried to speak to him about the match on saturday but he insisted on talking about tickets for the cup match with Wycombe.

Anyway he did not sound like a happy bunny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol, i just got it tooo! I dont no why as i dont get these messages normally,like that tex thingy that the club send! How did they get my number!

I was talking back to Les, until i realised what it was! I should of known as curbit has just posted it up!
  • Options
    I got it as well and I'm not on that T-mobile text service. I look forward to the first complaint!!!

Red pete, that's just how he talks and he was reading from a script.

DaveStorry, much better things but the press office is at the training ground and it likely took him about 2 mins to record it. Admitedly making those 15,000 odd calls must have taken a long time ;-)
  • Options
    I bet you all get charged for it too!!!
  • Options
    Best not get charged for it, as i didnt even give anyone my number! How did they get my number??

Confused from SE7
  • Options
    Have just had this email below from a mate of mine. It seems that communication is (still!) not a strong point down at CAFC!!!

"I was sitting at work about 15 minutes ago when my mobile rang. The caller name came up as 'Charlton box office'. As I went to answer it, it rang off. Obviously being intrigued as to why they rung I decided to give them a call. I haven't bought any tickets recently so I was mystified as to why they had rung. I'm now starting to think that I may have won a Llanera holiday home. I went through the arduous process of waiting for ages whilst listening to a recorded voice telling me to buy a 'Co-pilot Live' sat nav from any T-mobile shop, who unbeknown to me are our away day sponsors. When I finally got through I advised the female operator that I had had a missed call from the box office number & enquired as to why they had rung me. She took my name & asked me to hold the line. After a minute or so she came back & said that she didn't know why they had rung me. She then went on to say that a couple of other people had rung this morning saying that the same thing had happened to them. She thought it might be some kind of 'fault'. Now call me cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if Charlton were deliberately ringing people & hanging up. The intrigued recipient of the missed call then rings their premium rate number to enquire as to why they had called, to then be given the same line as I was given. They probably make on average a fiver for each call whilst wasting the time of people like me. Including writing this e-mail, Charlton have wasted 20 minutes of my time this morning whilst earning about a fiver off me."
  • Options
    That's why I never give any company my mobile phone number. It's bad enough being offered timeshares in Florida on my home phone.

04_MCS, did you put your mobile number on your season ticket form?
  • Options
    God its really coming to some thing i must say!
  • Options
    No man, i dont give it out! If i did i must of been lean!

Whats wierd tho, is that its the first ever cafc phonecall (or whatever it was) i have ever had!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]No man, i dont give it out! If i did i must of been lean!

Whats wierd tho, is that its the first ever cafc phonecall (or whatever it was) i have ever had!
    Les was given the task of looking up all fans mobile numbers yesterday as punishment by R M for the teams poor play on saturday!
  • Options
    I got it too, about an hour after phoning the ticket office sorry COMMERCIAL CENTRE!! on other matters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And hold on... it's FOUR WHOLE WEEKS to the Wycombe match, isn't it? Does this mean we'll get voicemail messages from Reg Varney nagging us to get tickets in two weeks?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Quality, how many other clubs would of something like that! We are so unique, even in the mess we are in, this club is great!

There was a post doing the rounds on kumb a few weeks back with people getting voicemails from Dean Ashton about his injury etc, so i would have though quite a few clubs are doing this sort of thing mate.
  • Options
    Oh, that is wierd!

How you enjoy chelsea away? (apart from the result of course)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Oh, that is wierd!

How you enjoy chelsea away? (apart from the result of course)

Expensive!! (went harrods with the girls before a very longwalk to the ground)
    Its all a blur mate, very very drunk.
    I'm seriously contemplating going on the wagon.

How was reading mate? You have a good one
  • Options
    "And hold on... it's FOUR WHOLE WEEKS to the Wycombe match, isn't it? Does this mean we'll get voicemail messages from Reg Varney nagging us to get tickets in two weeks?"

Could be worse, it could be the Supporters' Director ringing you up!
  • Options
    Nah, you'll probably be delegated the task of going door to door to try and shift the last 15,000 in the final week!
  • Options
    You, on the wagon! ha ha! thats a good'on!

Its all about being on one, which i was on satdee! Was spangled all day long! Good day out, rubbish result, rubbish atmos, rubbish performance, but got a kiss off of a nice bird who gave me her pint in the pub! (paints a great pic dont it, she was nice tho!)
  • Options
    All sounds like good fun mate, bar the rubbish result, rubbish atmos & rubbish performance!!!

So to summerise, being spangled and getting few pints and a kiss off strange women in the pub sounds like good fun.
  • Options
    When I took the phonecall, I thought I was going to be offered a playing contract.....can't do any worse than Hughes can I.
  • Options
    my mate got the message on his work phone. Must be sending it to all numbers on the database. probably get one at home as well.