Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chappell and unsettled players

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite] He beats his wife? ;-)

I've also heard he goes down the pub and drinks 10 pints. Then he's absolutely plastered. You don't know want to know what happens when he goes back home. Apparently he's from up north.
  • Options
    as i said "depends how you want to see this as sound business brain and strategy or asset stripping and profitering". So the implication could also be that he has a sound business brain and strategy !

So BFR you can spell but please do tell what u know Re Mr Chappellllll i mean dosnt usually stop you telling the World what we think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Erm Henry...come on now, I'll never sound like reames!!

Sorry, that was harsh : - )
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Good point as usual Henry but Goonhater is merely pointing out Mr. Chappells business history. I feel sure he invested in those businesses before he asset stripped them if in fact that is what he did. Not that I am saying that is his intention at Charlton as know nothing about his business past.

I just think that it is unfair to imply that someone maybe an asset striper when there is no evidence of that. You might as well ask him "when did you stop beating your wife?"

He beats his wife? ;-)

Don't have any evidence but there was some talk on a message board so could be true.

Of course he doesn't and it's not a topic to really joke about. But if Derek Chappell were reading this I doubt that he would appreciate seeing his name linked with asset striping. Just not a nice thing to say especially when there is just no evidence of it whatsoever.

Sorry I just think it is out of order.

Hence the winky thing Mr I, never for a minute did I think he did. One question, 20 years ago, I bought a run down council house, done it all up, sold it for a huge profit after 3 years. Does that make me a Businessman or an Asset stripper?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    And whats the difference? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]as i said "depends how you want to see this as sound business brain and strategy or asset stripping and profitering". So the implication could also be that he has a sound business brain and strategy !

So BFR you can spell but please do tell what u know Re Mr Chappellllll i mean dosnt usually stop you telling the World what we think.

I'm not sure you understand how this works, it was you who suggested that he was "asset stripping" and "profiteering", therefore the onus is on you to provide some evidence - it's not for me to disprove it.

Ask Henry nicely and you can get his e-mail address and you can carry on the correspondence directly with him and/or his lawyers.

In essence, unless you have worked for/with Chappell, or have some knowledge of his business dealings I really don't think you should be making any allegations about him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]He beats his wife? ;-)[/cite]
    [cite]

I've also heard he goes down the pub and drinks 10 pints. Then he's absolutely plastered. You don't know want to know what happens when he goes back home. Apparently he's from up north.[/cite]

Everywhere is up north from where you're living, Saint ...... I can call you Saint, can I......???

;o)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Hence the winky thing Mr I, never for a minute did I think he did. One question, 20 years ago, I bought a run down council house, done it all up, sold it for a huge profit after 3 years. Does that make me a Businessman or an Asset stripper?

wan't digging you out TCE, you made a joke and added a :- ) so no problem.

As for the house I called that sound investment. Asset stripping would have been ripping out all the copper piping to flog then burning the house down to claim insurance.
  • Options
    Hence the winky thing Mr I, never for a minute did I think he did. One question, 20 years ago, I bought a run down council house, done it all up, sold it for a huge profit after 3 years. Does that make me a Businessman or an Asset stripper?

Prolly makes you a wallpaper stripper...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]wasn't digging you out TCE, you made a joke and added a :- ) so no problem.

As for the house I called that sound investment. Asset stripping would have been ripping out all the copper piping to flog then burning the house down to claim insurance.

Oh B******KS, that makes an asset stripper ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]He beats his wife? ;-)[/cite]
    [cite]

I've also heard he goes down the pub and drinks 10 pints. Then he's absolutely plastered. You don't know want to know what happens when he goes back home. Apparently he's from up north.[/cite]

Everywhere is up north from where you're living, Saint ...... I can call you Saint, can I......???;o)

You are south of me.
    No way. I cannot be associated with Southampton other than I live here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What profits would he hope to make from asset-stripping the club then? The players would have to be sold at more than their face value to make a profit- which would be very marginal for the majority of the players. If you sold the ground and facilities then the only likely use be for housing- which wouldn't be feasible with the likely crash in the real estate market.

But to cap it all, Mr Chappell would actually stand to make a considerable loss by doing this at a time when the club is still trying to rectify the balance sheets. If we were four years down the line, back in the Premiership, with a stake in a likely European place and/or a major trophy to boot, then the surfeit of dosh wouldn't be non-existent or negligable and yes this concern might be more valid because Mr Chappell could sell-up and walk away with a tidy pay-off. But he is no Mr Abramovich.

Besides, 'Charlton Athletic' does not translate as 'Thames gateway NHS' and Chappell is almost certainly shrewd and wise enough to differentiate between what is clearly running a football club and making money from the NHS (because one happens to be in the public sector- unless we have been nationalised or taken under the wing of the state?). He left school to work in the NHS and it was the only career path open to him, and boy, he's proved he can use his experience and knowledge well. But he's a supporter first with us, and is hardly going to run his own football team into the ground.
  • Options
    Now look here SCG, you can't come on here making a grossly intelligent argument like that!