Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What the f*** is going on ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    LOL NLA

(OMG dat sndz lk txt spk)

;o)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Ok. Club has a financial review amid rumours of a takeover. Review finds that the board feel that they are best placed to continue running club. Mr. Varney leaves to spend more time with his family. Mr. Chapple takes the big seat. Everything at the club that is not nailed down or painted red is put up for sale. Spend nothing unless it has a blue cross on it. In 13 months take in money from the sale of Diawarra, Bent x 2, Traore, Reid, Iwelumo, Bougherra, McCarthy, couple of minnows and recieve 2 years parachute money. Mislead our manager about financial situation. Scare the fans sh*tless. The board keeps uncannily quiet....Discuss.

This is perhaps the single most ridulous nonsense I have read so far this pre-season and surpasses anything that Reams has managed on his site to date.

Much has already been covered by others but I'll just quote you this from the OS, attributable to Pards

"At the end of last year I was asked to achieve a figure for getting money in and reducing the wage bill, and I've tried to do that......"

Doesn't sound to me like he was misled, on the contrary it seems to me that we have the proper position here in this one sentence namely Directors direct, they allocate resources and Managers manage operating within those agreed resources.

My take on his media comments is that they are aimed at trying to ensure that he can take the moral high ground with the squad - "I didn't know the extent of the financial issues therefore its not my fault that I've had to sell some players"
  • Options
    Well sorry bing but I disagree and I am certainly not the only one that interprets mister Pardews comment differently from you. I respect your views might be different from mine but I will have the good grace not to call your views ridiculous nonsense. I will leave it at that I think.
  • Options
    I agree with Bing, it was a ridiculous statement and so lacking in any basis of fact that Reams could have written it.

Not sure it is the most ridiculous as there has been a great deal of competition for award this summer : - )

Live, love, laugh and be happy.
  • Options
    And you are of course entitled to your narrow blinkered view just as much as I am entitled to my ridiculous nonsensical one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]And you are of course entitled to your narrow blinkered view just as much as I am entitled to my ridiculous nonsensical one.

Now that is funny
  • Options
    hey guys, as i keep saying, i'm new to all this,but......
    some of these messages are like,really heavy man!!
    a week away from the season proper and there seems to be no peace and unity within our massed 'addick ranks.
    some people blaming Pardew,some the board, i'm surprised no ones blamed harvey and floyd yet.
    face it; we went back to the Valley and ,in my opinion, we performed alot better than anyone of us expected over the next 10 years or so.Yes, we bought in some great players, and yes we suffered some terrible injuries (superclive,andy hunt,etc). but hand on heart,did anyone expect that success within such ashort time ?
    maybe i'm naive (amongst many other things) but i still remember less than 20 years ago when we very nearly didn't have aclub to support. and surely we're in abetter position than 90% of other league clubs with -what seems to me- a board which actually support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB.
    why not sit back and enjoy the ride ? up the 'addicks.
    p,s. as people whom know me,i'm not one of these "cafc can do no wrong" merchants, but i always like to give everybody achance.
  • Options
    Good post, Misery.

A lot of people on here seem to have lost touch with why they first followed Charlton - and the fact that the 'Glory Years' lol could never have been predicted by us Addicks even 12 years ago.

The Board are simply doing their housekeeping and getting back to basics, cutting cloth accordingly, etc

Even so, we've still got a decent well-supported club to follow, a squad of players that man for man compares favourably compared to most teams in this Division - and a brand new season to look forward to.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Well sorry bing but I disagree and I am certainly not the only one that interprets mister Pardews comment differently from you.

For what its worth, I think the finances are probably worse than Pardew was led to believe when he joined, but its probably different from what the board thought it would be too. The last 24 months have been a nightmare for the board members, almost certainly worse for them than us, as they have seen their investment decline rapidly, even though their primary motivation is as fans, it has not been too much fun for the economy, things change.

Its not true to say we are not open to being taken over, Simmons stated this at City addicks, but we are not rushing into the first bloke with bucks that comes across, in the meantime our directors are content to get the club into a stable situation from which we can launch an assault on the Premiership, with luck we maybe able to do this this season, but it is more liekly this is a longer term plan.

The Leicesters, Sheff Weds of this world did not put their house in order, believing that they would bounce straight back, both flirted with a drop to the third tier last season and one (Leicester - Curbs's model club) did not escape, whilst we can't guarantee it, I would expect up to be closer to top six than bottom six in May 2009.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Well sorry bing but I disagree and I am certainly not the only one that interprets mister Pardews comment differently from you.
    The Leicesters, Sheff Weds of this world did not put their house in order, believing that they would bounce straight back, both flirted with a drop to the third tier last season and one (Leicester - Curbs's model club) did not escape, whilst we can't guarantee it, I would expect up to be closer to top six than bottom six in May 2009.

but Sheff Wed went down too - it's just that they've already come back up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]but Sheff Wed went down too - it's just that they've already come back up
    True and they almost went back down where Leeds are and bradford et al.