Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham takeover

any thoughts?

Shame, I was enjoying all the uncertainty, it distracted me from our current problems...

Comments

• Options
    Not bothered about the cash injection, i really don't want us going down that route.
  • Options
    I cant wait to sing 'Your not westam anymore, your not west ham anyyymore'
  • Options
    However on reflection i was being harsh. This is a man with a strong football pedigree, not just a rich bod looking for a plaything.

I think he is getting involved for the right reasons, being a member of the UEFA committee he will have an excellent top level contact base as well. I don't think he is going to be a massive provider of funds, but i can be West Ham benefiting from this.

Still wouldn't want it for us though...
  • Options
    Agreed akfa, wouldnt want a board what is foriegn, in any way shape or form!

If i were westham i would be gutted. They have just gone down the chelsea and manyoo route, and they hate those 2 teams. All the years of Brown out chants now they not even owned by anyone who is even half cockney!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]Agreed akfa, wouldnt want a board what is foriegn, in any way shape or form!

Richard Murray is 'foreign'.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    Magnasson is a westham fan then is he?

Murray, foreign, what gives this away is his thick Greek accent eh addickted!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm more concerned with having a chairman as ugly as this!!!

EggertMagnusson128.jpg

Imagine the spamming he must have got at school!! His forehead must have been red raw.

In all seriousness, I would have been distraught had Kia whats-his-names consortium taken over. At least this chap is a footballing bloke. Only time will tell but i pray to god we don't end up like chelsea
  • Options
    Mortoiyne, is this what he looks like really??

I take back what i said, he is great! what an amazing spam eh mortain wouldnt of lasted 10 mins at eaglesfield!
  • Options
    he looks like Dowie's dad !

agreed when in comparrison to the other consortium Mortain. I can see things becoming a lot more European though.

pickled herring instead of jellied eels, Bubbles will be replaced by 2 Unlimited.....
  • Options
    2 unlimited! lol nice one Bart! No no no no no no no no no no no no there's no lyrics
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]I cant wait to sing 'Your not westam anymore, your not west ham anyyymore'

We'll always be west ham mate, its not the owners of the club that make it what it is!!!
  • Options
    I personally would hate it, but i guess we would never no until it happens at charlton. But i said i would hate it if hoddle got the job, i said i could of easily dropped it all as i really dislike that wiesel. But obviously you can never tell until it happens.

If we got taken over, i would probably be the same as you, support the team no matter what.

Still going to start this chant tho when we play you at the Valley!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]Murray, foreign, what gives this away is his thick Greek accent eh addickted!

Richard Murray is not his real name.
  • Options
    Stelios Opadopadoodoo ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]I cant wait to sing 'Your not westam anymore, your not west ham anyyymore'[/quote]

We'll always be west ham mate, its not the owners of the club that make it what it is!!![/quote]

We can really call them West Spam now!!!
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited January 2010
    Announcement imminent according to Sky Sports News. Speculation that Zola will be sacked as William Hill have suspended all betting on next Prem mgr to be sacked.

They are not 100% certain that Sullivan/Gold will be successful.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Someone will always dig West Ham out of whatever hole they find themselves in at any given time. How many chances will yer actual 'appy 'ammers 'ave?? The original fall in shit come up smelling of roses football club.
  • Options
    if gold and sullivan takeover they want sparky as mgr so it could be them
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They've also won a World Cup you know ? Fortune will continue to shine on the irons.......its the way of things
  • Options
    Would be a laugh if Gold/Sullivan reinstate Curbs as manager.
    Agree with Pilchard, they've always been lucky bastards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Would be a laugh if Gold/Sullivan reinstate Curbs as manager.
    Agree with Pilchard, they've always been lucky bastards

More chance of me being manager
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Would be a laugh if Gold/Sullivan reinstate Curbs as manager.
    Agree with Pilchard, they've always been lucky bastards[/quote]

More chance of me being manager[/quote]

I'm sure we could trust you not to sign any of our young stars uncle lol
  • Options
    Ha ha no he's better off where he is at the moment lol
  • Options
    SOLD.

To Gilbert and Sullivan by all accounts
  • Options
    £105m apparently.
    Could of got a much better team for a fraction of the price on the south side.
  • Options
    Don`t think that there are too many football club buyers out there right now. West Ham have got out of jail with this one and I only hope that Charlton can find a get out of jail card too ! Next season is starting to look scary imho.
  • Options
    thank f for that that.... we can now put sullivan and gold to bed at last and concentrate on our own team...
  • Options
    So if rumours were true there were four potential buyers for West Ham, thats four individuals/groups who had £100million to spend plus taking on approx: £100 million in debt and needing to spend say £20 million in the next fortnight to help keep the club up. Probably have to pay compensation to get rid of manager/staff/unwanted players too.

My question is, given the current financial climate and general meltdown in football, are people f**king mad. So pleased I am not a multi millionaire.
  • Options
    2 of them wouldv'e had to borrow the moment and that bloke who owns air asia and Gold were offering very similar offers
  • Options
    Quite an interesting overall review from the Telegraph,
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/westham/7022362/David-Sullivan-wins-battle-to-take-control-of-West-Ham-United.html