Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham takeover

2»

Comments

• Options
    Maybe one of them will now look at us ;-)

Promotion is a must this season, otherwise I fear for us
  • Options
    interesting.

Still unsure if G and S would have been Good for us.

WHU will have to get used to some tough love but G&S moved Brum forward as a club.

At least whu hhave a secure future which isn't what we can say.

But their are 3 potential buyers out there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]So if rumours were true there were four potential buyers for West Ham, thats four individuals/groups who had £100million to spend plus taking on approx: £100 million in debt and needing to spend say £20 million in the next fortnight to help keep the club up. Probably have to pay compensation to get rid of manager/staff/unwanted players too.

My question is, given the current financial climate and general meltdown in football, are people f**king mad. So pleased I am not a multi millionaire.

yeah me to, I'd be proper gutted if I was !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]So if rumours were true there were four potential buyers for West Ham, thats four individuals/groups who had £100million to spend plus taking on approx: £100 million in debt and needing to spend say £20 million in the next fortnight to help keep the club up. Probably have to pay compensation to get rid of manager/staff/unwanted players too.

My question is, given the current financial climate and general meltdown in football, are people f**king mad.So pleased I am not a multi millionaire.

yeah me to, I'd be proper gutted if I was !!!

I am absolutely certain I would just blow it all on frivolous things and die young.
  • Options
    what happened to the other 2 parites interested in us??? At the Q&A session with Varney he said there were 2 interested parties - one of which had been involved since March?? Do they now come back into the picture?? Were Charlton waiting for Sullivan and Gold to make up their mind before entertaining these 2 potential buyers?" (wasn't one a SA consortium??)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As I said West Ham always come up smelling of roses, no such thing as a real crisis at that club, if it's not being bailed out by the FA its being bailed out by a rich benefactor. Was never convinced the spurt bros were interested in us anyway. West Ham are the cartoon mouse football club that always gets out of any scrapes no matter how improbable year upon year. The Charlton Athletic way is hard work and graft against the odds,exactly what we are doing now, we never have a get out of jail free card and all glory is paid for in full, thats why the achievements of this club are always genuine and make me proud.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]what happened to the other 2 parites interested in us??? At the Q&A session with Varney he said there were 2 interested parties - one of which had been involved since March?? Do they now come back into the picture?? Were Charlton waiting for Sullivan and Gold to make up their mind before entertaining these 2 potential buyers?" (wasn't one a SA consortium??)

Had rather assumed that white knights have had their day. The advance sale of 5 year season tickets doesn't make sense to me if A.N. other is still interested.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on ebay? I put a bid in for a Mickey Mouse outfit, and now I've found out I'm 30 mins away from owning West Ham! :-)
  • Options
    Now the spurt bros can have all the glory of taking West Ham to 8th in the league.
  • Options
    thats true stilladdickted..... for whatever has gone on at least our board are through and through Charlton fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As i've said previously,we're just not a viable investment at the moment.
  • Options
    I think that they will move West Han forward, I think they would have been good for us, in terms of getting us back to the Prem. Would the club become a different animal with them in charge? Yes it would and many of us would not like that. However that's academic now.
  • Options
    Champions league in 7 years ......He's joking aint he, obviously hasn't seen much football over there lately. Not sure they have the funds to back up a statement like that, there are far to many teams who already have much more than west ham and they cant get into champions league
  • Options
    I think Champions League is being mentioned as it'll make it easier for fans to take the season ticket price increases!
  • Options
    I see where you're coming from Uncle but they've got to make a statement of intent haven't they? They're not going to take over and say "we will be happy to stay up every year and maybe squeeze into the top half once or twice".

I remember Al Fayed taking over Fulham and claiming he wanted to make them the Man Utd of the south. They're not even the biggest club in west london, never mind the entire south.

But you're right, with the big 4 plus Spurs, City, Villa and maybe even Everton, it's going to be very hard for a team outside of that to get anywhere near the CL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Champions league in 7 years ......He's joking aint he, obviously hasn't seen much football over there lately. Not sure they have the funds to back up a statement like that, there are far to many teams who already have much more than west ham and they cant get into champions league

I seem to remember the icelanders saying something similar.Never mind.It only took G&S nearly 20 years to get brum in the top flight.
  • Options
    As rich as they may be they are not rich enough to move West Ham forwards much IMO. Here's hoping they are relgated and Gold&Sullivan lose the lot.
  • Options
    Let's all be honest, we are now intrigued to know if this opens the playing field up for us a little.
    Look out for 'strange faces' in the directors box tonight!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Champions league in 7 years ......He's joking aint he, obviously hasn't seen much football over there lately. Not sure they have the funds to back up a statement like that, there are far to many teams who already have much more than west ham and they cant get into champions league
    That is true but then don't knock them for setting an aiming point. I heard Sullivan blubbing on Talkshite this morning. There is no doubting their passion for the club they support. I think they will be great for West Ham commercially. Are they looking to drive the business foward? Yes! Have they got enough cash in the locker to get into the top four, probably not but setting West Ham on the right road and getting them down it someway is what they will look to do.

What they did at Birmingham was to take a basket case of a club from the third tier and get it to a spring board where the club could attract even more wealthy backers. That is their blue print. They will sort out the ludicrous cost base (such as remains after most players have gone). They will move the Hammers to the Olympic Stadium, an obvious place to be post 2012. They are going to try and maximise the clubs income in the process but I doubt that the ordinary fan is going to worry (or notice) too much.

So if I was in your shoes Uncle, I'd be smiling now!
  • Options
    The old owners have borrowed against 70% of next season's tickets & 60% of the season after next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Championship league in 7 years
    is more likely
  • Options
    gutted and worried
  • Options
    Well, well. Good luck to them.

I see G&S have re-opened the Olympic Stadium issue by saying they want to move there - shrewd time to say it, with public bodies looking to cut costs and a likely change of government approaching.

That could be a lot of extra seats to fill in a ground with easy access from north Kent. Have I heard that somewhere before, I wonder?
  • Options
    So just £110m debt then (after Gold/Sullivan have paid down some!) Staggering. Sullivan said "it makes no commercial sense for any businessman to want to take over this club". Transfers fees owed to the club have all been factored, yet they owe £40m to other clubs. Securitised advanced season ticket sales next two of 70% and 60% respectively.

He also said that they have an option to buy the remaining 50% although they would prefer other "fans" to come in to a consortium. I have to say that I was very impressed by what I heard.
  • Options
    Glad G&S have got Wham, their first love. Am interested to see if they do get them consistently in the top ten. First of all they will cut costs and make Wham less of a basket case but at the end of the day they are more likely to lose 30 million rather than rake in another profit.
    Fans will probably turn on them at some point, aka brum and make their lives a misery. This will be hard for them to take as genuine fans and saviours. Curbs couldn't handle the malice at all and got out using the no control issue as his excuse!
    Just hope our future saviour is a true fan.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    G&S have offered Ruud £100K/week. What's in the air on that side of the river?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I really hope they go down and go bust. They owe £110M and are offering players £100K per week.

West Ham represent everything that is wrong with football & I f-ing hate them.