Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerome Thomas move made permanent

2»

Comments

• Options
    well, he will be fit enough to pass a medical come the end of August so that's another on the way out then !!
  • Options
    let's hope not, enough is enough :-(
  • Options
    oh go on, one more won't hurt surely.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Chicago Addick wrote:

"Can't disagree with the above, to me it just another example of bad communication with the supporters. Chappell needs to come out and say something, although last time he did that it was total gibberish and has been proven to be bolox. I wasn't at City Addicks or the Bloggers meeting but knew people that were - and this situation we find ourselves in, contrary to some belief, was not relayed to fans at those forums."

This has become a real issue for me as well CA. Diffiicult news is hard to present therefore it's even more important that they communicate it effectively. Even my rose-tinted spectacles are misting up somewhat at the moment. Getting the club financially right makes perfect sense to me but I believe the club was at it strongest when fans and Board shared the same vision and also the same realism. I can't honestly say that this is where most fans are now, i.e. at one with the Board. Why, because they have not, in my view, communicated how they see the club moving forward after the blood letting of recent times. What are the plans - to regain the Premier League status lost within the next year, three years, five years? How are they going to secure the resources to achieve this? I'd just like some steer from those in charge because Pards, maybe for selfish reasons, is putting messages out about how much less a chance he thinks we have this season, - fans see players being sold and many conclude that even our manager doubts our chances - no wonder there is an edginess around.

Personally, I am content with the cutbacks and I think we will have a decent season, even despite my comments, but I'd like the Board to explain how they see the future in a more pro-active way.

Maybe employing the services of Max Clifford for a while wouldn't go amiss!!
  • Options
    I thought Thomas had a relegation clause reducing his wages, unlike other premier league journeymen who wouldn't sign such a deal of course.
  • Options
    couldn't agree more Bing, excellant post. Let's hope someone takes this on-board.

Agree with Raz, don't think JT was on as much as some think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Can't disagree with the above, to me it just another example of bad communication with the supporters. Chappell needs to come out and say something, although last time he did that it was total gibberish and has been proven to be bolox. I wasn't at City Addicks or the Bloggers meeting but knew people that were - and this situation we find ourselves in, contrary to some belief, was not relayed to fans at those forums.

I wasn't at City Addicks so can't comment on that but I was at the Bloggers night and it was made very clear that we would be net sellers and to the tune of £5m. It was reported as such on some of the bloggs the next day.

I was actually quite surprised that Derek came out and said "Ideally we'd like a small squad with two players for every position" or words to that effect on the OS. He also said we would be signing more players and have. Bailey, Bouazza and Primus. The last two on Prem wages I would guess.

But yes, maybe room for improvement. All issues people can raise with Derek and Bob Whitehand at the Bromley Addicks meeting on 14th October. It would have been a lot earlier but we thought we'd still be in the league cup (yes, silly of us I know).
  • Options
    Not sure about the Prem wages part, Pardew said Fulham were helping us out and I expect Pompey will do the same with Primus.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I wasn't at City Addicks so can't comment on that but I was at the Bloggers night and it was made very clear that we would be net sellers and to the tune of £5m. It was reported as such on some of the bloggs the next day.

Henry, I do remember some things that came out of the Bloggers night and it is fair to say the club haven't been silent. The biggest worry this close season has not, in my view, been the downsizing of the squad but specifically the sale of Magic because with McCarthy also gone, we do not have two players for each position, we had prior to Primus' arrival, one player for each CB position. Even with Primus now coming we're still light there. When you create that kind of hole in the squad, (and made worse by some comments Pards made at the time) many fans naturally start panicking and at that point, I think it would have been nice for the Board to give fans some re-assurance by more effectively presenting their vision/plans. It would help because fans are also having to come to terms with new faces at the top in that we have a new Chairman, Vice Chariman and CEO, together with the demise of the SD role. I am broadly supportive of what has been necessary in getting the finances right but I think some work may still be needed to get the Board's message across. Clearly a chance for the new fans forum!
  • Options
    Thomas is injured anyway - nothing new there but apparently hurt his back picking up his wallet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Personally, I don't really go for all this "we need everything to be transparent" talk. I trust the board despite the Dowie period etc. Thomas has never done much for us. I suspect his presence in the dressing room was a negative and that we will benefit from loans (i.e Primus, possibly Cranie who knows) and other future transactions with Pompey.

I agree with Dave Mehmet & Valley11 particularly (great post), good riddance to him and I think he will be conspicuous in his absence.
  • Options
    The other factor in this deal is that Harry wasn't keen to let Primus come for the whole season presumably as he felt he needed him as cover. With Pompey now able to get another player in on loan, that player could well be a centre half, which frees up the possibility of whole season loans for Primus and/or Crainie... With Pardew saying a few weeks ago that he didn't want short term loans coming in like last season, I don't see the Primus three month loan mentioned in the press as a posssibility, only a full season one...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Guy's it's most unclear what the actual situation is re 'The Stove' (AKA Linvoy Primus)...I think Harry is simply hedging his bets here to see if he's still a player of any stature following his injury....afer all, it's some 18 months since he last kicked a ball in anger.
    If he get's a few games under his belt and then comes through it well, then I can possibly see a small fee being involved 'if' we're still interested come January...but I think there's a good chance his playing days at Pompey are over.....just a hunch but that's my take on it anyway.