Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

Comments

• Options
    has he been injured?...thought bruce liked him.
  • Options
    Has been injured, remembering him, he was not good at keeping his weight down when injured so could be another premier league fitness loan
  • Options
    yeah thought as much. found himself a bit of form at the top level last season. i love the guy.
  • Options
    shame we couldn't have got him - just what our midfield needs................someone creative.
  • Options
    Super player.
  • Options
    Brilliant player for Championship level.

Reidy was good for us and Iwelumo, I still think if we hadn't of sold him we would've made the play offs that year.
  • Options
    Loverley loverly player
  • Options
    Loverly Loverly player.

Thank you Reidy!
  • Options
    Wasn't he playing for Peterborough today ?
  • Options
    Scored the winner today at millwall for sheff utd!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That fat money grabber makes my blood boil. Who cares if he scored against Millwall..Jumped ship when the tides turned. Cun*!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]That fat money grabber makes my blood boil. Who cares if he scored against Millwall..Jumped ship when the tides turned. Cun*!

Harsh in my opinion. I didn't get the impression that he insisted on being sold, and he played well for us when fit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]That fat money grabber makes my blood boil. Who cares if he scored against Millwall..Jumped ship when the tides turned. Cun*!

Harsh in my opinion. I didn't get the impression that he insisted on being sold, and he played well for us when fit.

Agree with that, RM cashed in on him to balance the books. Reid never gave any impression that he wanted out and was actually sorry to leave by all accounts.
  • Options

Sorry, that is complete cr*p! We received an offer we couldn't refuse - I don't remember there being any hard feelings at the time.
  • Options

Well you've made yourself look like a tit haven't you!?

He didn't choose to leave - we had to sell him
  • Options
    Reidy! Reidy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Reidy! Reidy!

"He comes from Donegal,

And he f***ing hates Millwall"
  • Options
    Only trouble is Reidy actually comes from Dublin.

But if it were Gary Doherty that's a different matter.
  • Options
    Andy Reid - Legend
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Only trouble is Reidy actually comes from Dublin.

Bloody perfectionists. Okay, I'll try again:

"He comes from Dublin Hall,

And he f***king hates Millwall"

Better ......?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    V good LOL
  • Options
    Great goal from him today, too good for the championship.
  • Options
    One of my favourite players of the last decade. Scored some great goals and if it wasn't for his weight I honestly believe he has the ability to play at the highest level
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aren't you on the wrong site? I think you want the 'intothevalley' messageboard - that's where the rest of the fuckwitted chumps hang out. That has to be hands-down the stupidest, most ill-informed post I've ever seen on here.
  • Options
    Sorry to throw a spanner in the works fellas, but I've attended a few of these Q&A sessions with players & ex-players etc...during the Varney & Peacock one at Bexley Park, it was revealed that Reid did in fact insist on the move once he knew it was a Prem club. This is what I e-mailed to friends;

"Once Sunderland confirmed their interest, he wanted to leave. We made a profit, so the Board had to accept. Pards tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted to link up with Roy Keane and play in the Prem again. The finger was pointed at Pards for not having a replacement lined up, as the money was available from his sale."

FTR - I really liked Reidy as a player, was disappointed he left, but understand his reasons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]One of my favourite players of the last decade. Scored some great goals and if it wasn't for his weight I honestly believe he has the ability to play at the highest level
    Who was it who said "Andy Reid - touch like a Champions League player, body like a Sunday League player"?...
  • Options
    RM described the situation as Reid asking him to pay what Sunderland were offering or to let him leave. Si he would have stayed but it was all about the money.

The player was just chasing the money. I can see no reason as to why he wouldn't, especially with his fitness track record, but the club didn't choose to cash in.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It was a 400 percent pay rise... and the opportunity may not have been there the following window.. I dont begrudge him anything... it life, its football.. its money...
  • Options

you sir are a clown

love andy reid, one of the best technically gifted players ive seen in a charlton shirt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]One of my favourite players of the last decade. Scored some great goals and if it wasn't for his weight I honestly believe he has the ability to play at the highest level
    Who was it who said "Andy Reid - touch like a Champions League player, body like a Sunday League player"?...
    Wish it was me, sums him up perfectly