Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official post-Reading moan thread

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Go on, I dare you!

Comments

• Options
    Go on, i'll start !

Fair play to those at the back of the North Upper that try and get things going etc. I'm sure you get frustrated when not many others join in.

Well the reason not many others join in is because everything is shouted and chanting at Olympic record speed. Even 'red army', a complicated two-word chant, appears to have been speeded up, edited and shortened to 'darmy'. Luke, luke, Luke Varney and Bo Bo Buazza (i'm actually guessing that was the other one) when speeded up come out as 'BLLLEEEAAAAGGGHH'.

It's all too reminscent of an excited virgin. Slow down lads and take your time. If others can actually join in with 'words' at non-rapping levels, more will join in than you expect.

Here endeth my moan !
  • Options
    Here's another one. Have been sitting here watching Sky Sports News for the last hour and a half and they still haven't shown the goals from yesterday.

Anyone know where I can watch these on the net? ta
  • Options
    Virgin used to show the games,but maybe too soon for them to be uploaded though
  • Options
    The goals at least should be on Virgin within a day or two.......or that's the way it worked out last season anyway.
  • Options
    The Championship is on ITV at 9.50.
  • Options
    My official moan - why oh why can only Jonjo take corners, we were back to our worst again yesterday ---- sorry
  • Options
    My head was hurting all the way thorough the game, I was expecting a nice quite saturday lunch time game, where we might hold out for a 0-0 and I could gently ease myself back into the human race, but no! the team decide to put on the best display I seen for quite a while and even the "hair of the dog" didnt work, spent most of yesterday dying on the sofa much to the disgust of Mrs T.C.E. rant over!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite][p]Go on, i'll start ![/p][p]Fair play to those at the back of the North Upper that try and get things going etc. I'm sure you get frustrated when not many others join in.[/p][p]Well the reason not many others join in is because everything is shouted and chanting at Olympic record speed. Even 'red army', a complicated two-word chant, appears to have been speeded up, edited and shortened to 'darmy'. Luke, luke, Luke Varney and Bo Bo Buazza (i'm actually guessing that was the other one) when speeded up come out as 'BLLLEEEAAAAGGGHH'.[/p][p]It's all too reminscent of an excited virgin. Slow down lads and take your time. If others can actually join in with 'words' at non-rapping levels, more will join in than you expect.[/p][p]Here endeth my moan ![/p]

Nice to meet you again AFKA. and although the reason I didnt join in the singing were more to do with hand, eye and co-ordination than anything else, the highlight of the day was the 2 Crisp`y jrs juniors joining in with "Oh South London" while in the presence of their "Mum" who had decided to come to game, it was a mixture of co-ordinated coughing or mumbling, haven`t laughed some much in ages.
  • Options
    Might be harder against a team that put 11 men behind the ball and fill up their penalty area. Are we good enough to break down teams like that and cope with them on the counter attack...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Good point we performed better against the better teams last season. On the showing of one game we do appear to be using our strength of pace better than last season. if we can get Varney, Bouazza and Sam to run into the box then we are bound to get a few penalties and equally we have Bailey in mid field and Hudson in defence to hold the line against breakaways, from packed defences.

The positive from yesterday si that we put in a great performance, it does not mean we will get promoted or that we will win like that again, but last season in only the coventry match did we see anything like yesterdays perfromance and other than that we did not perform for two halves of a single game throughout last season. The signs are good but few of us will be believing this morning that promotion is in the bag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's always one.
  • Options
    The bloke behind me who moans on and on about Holland, he scored, then he moaned about Sam, he had an excellent game, then he moaned about the new kit and I turned around to him and said how much I liked it!! He was quiet after that.
  • Options
    I don't have a moan but I do have a word of caution.

We played a team who also played open football, as Scoham said what happens when some of the less adventurous teams come to Valley with a massed defence and rely on a breakaway for goal. I don't think our defence is good enough to stop our opponents scoring but I do think our midfield is better than last season and will provide better service to the strikers so giving us more scoring opportunities - so to answer Scoham yes we are good enough to break down a mass defence but no we are not yet good enough to stop breakaway goals.

By the way where would play ZZ in the current set up?
  • Options
    At West Bromwich Albion .........(!)

;o)
  • Options
    "...the highlight of the day was the 2 Crisp`y jrs juniors joining in with "Oh South London" while in the presence of their "Mum" who had decided to come to game, it was a mixture of co-ordinated coughing or mumbling, haven`t laughed some much in ages."

I absolutely loath that load of old rubbish, it's cringworthy. One of my proudest moments being an Addick was in the the old Selhurst days when someone (possibly could have been Rick Everitt but didn't see who exactly) shouted down a group of young lads who had started singing it - "SHUT UP, YOU SPOTTY W####RS!!!" was the phrase I believe to applause from many of us around. Wish I'd have had the front to do it myself but it really brought home to me at the time, that we, as a set of fans, are (were?) VERY different from most other sets of supporters where that chant would have been taken up instead of shouted down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][p]Might be harder against a team that put 11 men behind the ball and fill up their penalty area. Are we good enough to break down teams like that and cope with them on the counter attack...[/p]

Well we did that against Swansea, didn't we?
  • Options
    My moan is having to work Saturday morning, and because of the early kick off, missed what turned out to be a great match. :(
  • Options
    I wasn't moaning, just wanted to point that out, playing in the rain on a Tuesday night at home to Burnley could be a very different game.

With Bailey in midfield though he can make a big difference, and if Bouazza is consistent he will be very important as well.

Whats good to see is Pardew doesn't want to use too many players, last season he would have dropped Varney by now. We've got a spine to the team in Weaver, Hudson, Bailey and Varney/Gray. Last season we didn't really have that.

He's also happy to use young players like Shelvey, Basey and eventually Josh Wright when needed, rather than bringing in new players and expecting it all to fit together just because they are better all round. Should see a lot more team spirit this season, play like a team rather than a group of strangers.
  • Options
    My moan is that I missed the last twenty minutes of the match due to a problem with the server.
  • Options
    Not our server I might add!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite][p]Not our server I might add!!![/p]

but can you quote?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Here you go

link

I cant do the link thing yet...sorry, just cut and paste the lot

I promise to read the rules on doing it later this week...
  • Options
    I think its bang out of order that we have a good game on one of the few occasions I will miss a home game this season, its bloody typical, Pards out I say, and that Andrew Mills fella..
  • Options
    Can anyone else get that link to work????

I get the first goal and then it resets again and again.....
  • Options
    Works for me mate. The Varney's goal went a bit funny, but then the fourth showed fine.
  • Options
    right ill give it another bang....
  • Options
    Doesnt work for me....

and all I want ot see is lukes goasl again and Buzz's...........

w@#$%$#@
  • Options
    My only moan about Saturday........

whyohwhyohwhy did the defence stay back when they should have pushed out just on half time.
    You could see the goal coming............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite][p]My only moan about Saturday........[/p][p]whyohwhyohwhy did the defence stay back when they should have pushed out just on half time.
    You could see the goal coming............[/p]

Course we all could, Mr Miz ...... but not now, it's time for rose tinted specs.
    Saviour the moment!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite][p]"...the highlight of the day was the 2 Crisp`y jrs juniors joining in with "Oh South London" while in the presence of their "Mum" who had decided to come to game, it was a mixture of co-ordinated coughing or mumbling, haven`t laughed some much in ages."[/p][p]I absolutely loath that load of old rubbish, it's cringworthy. One of my proudest moments being an Addick was in the the old Selhurst days when someone (possibly could have been Rick Everitt but didn't see who exactly) shouted down a group of young lads who had started singing it - "SHUT UP, YOU SPOTTY W####RS!!!" was the phrase I believe to applause from many of us around. Wish I'd have had the front to do it myself but it really brought home to me at the time, that we, as a set of fans, are (were?) VERY different from most other sets of supporters where that chant would have been taken up instead of shouted down.[/p][/quote]

Do me a favour what's wrong with singin that and with all due respect to Rick,if he had said that to me when i was younger as I was in the selhurst days I would have lamped him.I really can't see Rick saying that to a group of youngsters.You need to lighten up that song is proper old school and songs like that sung more often might just start bringing a bit of atmosphere back to the valley.