Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton transfer deadline thread

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
If we have any deals done tonight, can we put the details in one thread eg. this one? At the moment we are only aware of two likely deals tonight:

(a) we are hoping we still get about £2M for ZZ, probably from WBA, but this seems to be in the balance.

(b) Cranie looks likely to join on loan from Pompey until Jan

Primus deal on hold because he isn't fit yet, any possible deal for Sodje might be in the same boat.

Plus of course the possible mystery star signing muted by NSS/NLA ....... Lita ????

Comments

• Options
    I think nth london addick was suggesting that the mystery player is an experienced midfielder.
  • Options
    Update on the Primus deal and details of the loans system on the OS

Primus - again
  • Options
    thanks mart

no news for us so far ...

(elsewhere Sunderland paying West Ham about £6M to take back George McCartney - seems a lot!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]thanks mart

no news for us so far ...

(elsewhere Sunderland paying West Ham about £6M to take back George McCartney - seems a lot!)

When u see teams like Stoke offering £5mill for players it shows how important it is for teams to stay up. Some teams are really playing with fire.
  • Options
    Smertin turns down Cardiff, so perhaps he could the alleged mystery star midfielder?
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2008/09/01/cardiff-city-snubbed-by-smertin-91466-21646641/
  • Options
    This is a very quiet thread... :-(
  • Options
    Tell me about it. Am depressed. Its starting to look like no-one in & Zheng out at 11.59.59......

If the Cranie deal is goer I can't understand the delay. Not that I think he is the answer.
  • Options
    check out the sticky at the top dudes.
  • Options
    Cranie can still sign on loan after 8th Sept but it could only be a max 93 days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Olly - that one's about all transfers other than CAFC.

This is meant to be where the real excitement happens...
  • Options
    I've been staggered regarding the almost non-existent loaning out of fringe players from prem clubs, particularly the big ones.

There are going to be a hell of a lot of players picking up nice cheques yet not seeing no football over the next few months....
  • Options
    oh soz i thought it was everything all together in said sticky!! ignore me, i am from barthelona, i know nuthing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]oh soz i thought it was everything all together in said sticky!! ignore me, i am from barthelona, i know nuthing!

And there was me thinking it was belevederederedede... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I've been staggered regarding the almost non-existent loaning out of fringe players from prem clubs, particularly the big ones.

There are going to be a hell of a lot of players picking up nice cheques yet not seeing no football over the next few months....

but PL can lend players out again from 8th Sept and seeing as there are no games now until 13th that isn't exactly a problem.
  • Options
    i am from beleverederedrederederede (or however tho fluck you spell it) i know nuthing!!

have to say, sounds better dont it!!
  • Options
    much more exotic ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I've been staggered regarding the almost non-existent loaning out of fringe players from prem clubs, particularly the big ones.

I firmly believe the 7 subs rule might be the reason for that AFKA.
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32797

Cranie signs
  • Options
    there we go one in and a good un
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Till the end of the year.
  • Options
    Charlton have clinched the capture of Portsmouth defender Martin Cranie on loan until the end of 2008.

Excitement - and still here at Christmas, after Primus has gone home!
  • Options
    At last...some action and finally a bit of defensive cover...never seen the bloke play so no idea whether he is any good but we certainly needed the defensive boost.
  • Options
    Yeah on SSN now.
  • Options
    good news at last. Was really getting worried that our only CH cover was a crock. Plus we need to put pressure on JF to keep performing.
  • Options
    I love the way we've said its till Christmas but Pompey OS and Cranie (rang Andy Burton on SSN) have said its a season long loan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Yeah on SSN now.

and still they get it wrong as they are reporting a season long loan.
  • Options
    Just 2 minutes to go ...... the tension is unbearable!!!!!!!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Yeah on SSN now.

and still they get it wrong as they are reporting a season long loan.

In fairness so is Pompey OS
  • Options
    My mate the Arsenal fan is sitting here waiting to hear anything...nothing!