Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton transfer deadline thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    BONG! midnight and the window slams shut......

Crainie in, ZZ still here and no .........
  • Options
    It does concern me slightly sometimes that many of our recent transfer dealings - in and out - are with dear old 'Arry at Portsmouth. Just as well he's not dodgy, isn't it?
  • Options
    Aah, but Weegie ....'Appy 'Arry's flogged Pards a nice new motor.

Just one previous careful lady driver, nice condition (the car I mean, not the lady) and absolute bargain.

It's the synergy of the closing of the transfer window. Absolute bargain!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Yeah on SSN now.

and still they get it wrong as they are reporting a season long loan.

In fairness so is Pompey OS

what is it with us and Pompey that we can't get the lenghth of a loan right. Not that difficult is it ??
  • Options
    Talking of nice new motors, I used to share a driving instructor with Martin Cranie! When his lesson finished I used to use up half my lesson taking him to his house.
  • Options
    Right, Thommo.

You can be our new Red Under the Bed at the training ground, getting all the inside goss from your friend :-)
  • Options
    So we've got Crainie in, and Primus primed (geddit?) to come in,
    All because we did a special deal (undisclosed, naturally) with 'Appy ;Arry for our John Thomas.

See give a little, you got a lot back.

We hope!
  • Options
    If the extent of Charlton's transactions are that (1) Primus and Cranie come in on loans until January; (2) Bailey has joined from Southend; (3) Marcus Bent, Iwelumo, Faye, and Bougherra are gone; (4) Hudson and McCartney change places; (5) Fleetwood joins McLeod as promising strikers who may not get a chance with the first team; and (6) Zheng Zhi stays with the club, then, on balance, well done.

I'll miss Bougherra, but Zhi and Bailey in the midfield, with Gray, Varney, Todorov, and Dickson up front, and Cranie and Primus additions to our back line, then not bad. It is a fairly strong side and Charlton will have the option to re-evaluate the team in the January window.
  • Options
    Forgot to include JT in the departures... another positive, imho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]

I'll miss Bougherra, but Zhi and Bailey in the midfield, with Gray, Varney, Todorov, and Dickson up front, and Cranie and Primus additions to our back line, then not bad. It is a fairly strong side and Charlton will have the option to re-evaluate the team in the January window.

I like the idea of Bailey and ZZ in an energetic midfield, 4 upfront and 6 defenders.
    That's some team. Even without Holland.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plus Bouazza in on loan and on the wing. However delusional, I like the team and look forward to the next fixture two weeks from now.
  • Options
    Crikey!

It's 20 minutes to one, and there are more Lifers on line now than at lunchtime!

Unless we are all Down under?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Crikey!

It's 20 minutes to one, and there are more Lifers on line now than at lunchtime!

Unless we are all Down under?

Amazing.Transfer deadline day has become a bit of an event.
    setanta will be bidding for rights on it next year.
  • Options
    They're dropping like flies now though. Just the hardcore true fans left.
    ;o)
  • Options
    Bollocks even you're not here Offster I hope only because your siphoning the dregs out of something. If not I am disgusted
  • Options
    And then there were 4...
  • Options
    Only the hardcore and the socially inept.

Oh and those of us off on the annual lads holiday!
  • Options
    Or at work! I've done me lads holiday just weekends in Athens and Ibiza to come!
  • Options
    Muddyfunster

Only Blackpool or Brussels to look at once I'm back from this tour
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thread re-named:

"Charlton Lifer's in decline thread"

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It has all been delayed until January, someone will test our resolve re ZZ/Ambrose and if we sell then we may be in a position (top 6) to bring in this player.