Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wedding venues

Comments

• Options
    Congrats DA9, was gonna suggest cooling, went to one a few weeks back, absolutely awesome venue, rowhill is nice, my bro morts genius got married there. Acacia hall in cartford as suzi mentions is nice, my firm do the printing and design for it, very plush it is too.
  • Options
    Da9 mate has to be Vegas now mate as i finished posting above the King comes on the radio and singing ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Viva las Vegas !!! spooky spooky
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Brands Hatch thistle hotel
    Beaverwood , sidcup
    Hilton , Dartford

Beaverwood, perfect location, the in laws live in Bickley, cheers shag
  • Options
    Little Hermitage Higham Kent great venue very classy
  • Options
    Cheers all, been a fantastic help, a few there I had not considered.
  • Options
    Beaverwood is lovely mate and owned by a charlton non-exec director. Alexdra Suite is very nice inside had mine there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Beaverwood is lovely mate and owned by a charlton non-exec director. Alexdra Suite is very nice inside had mine there.

How many did it hold mate, meal & evening?
  • Options
    What the f**k is a PERGLA ? aint that what arab ladies wear on their heads ? must be a big hat if you can get married under it ???
  • Options
    If you get a chance check out out Cooling. We had our wedding there, the staff were fantastic and really well organised. Don't know how many it holds, but well worth a look, the place has got a real presence.
  • Options
    Turkey Mill is 5 mins from me. Went to a wedding and reception there last year. Cracking venue, good size in and out (lovely big grounds), ecspecially if you have the weather. Not cheap though!! Although the Bar prices were not too bad.

I can supply some photos if need be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    www.highrocks.co.uk

got married there, nice place....
  • Options
    We had our wedding reception at Charlton House, which was a fabulous place and much better than Woolwich Registry office. We did not have our reception there as we only had about 75 for the meal, but we had the meal at Chapter 2, which people are still talking about. Chapter two staff could not have been better and did not fleece us like other venues as soon as you mention weddings. Charlton House does have different rooms so you can have various options. And the bonus you could get wedding pictures taken at the Valley!!
  • Options
    Cheers fellas, will look into them all, where's Chapter Two Kimbo?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Cheers fellas, will look into them all, where's Chapter Two Kimbo?

Blackheath Village.
  • Options
    Chapter One in Locksbottom. Used to have a Michlan star but not sure if it still does.

Bickley Manor Hotel is meant to be good but never been.
  • Options
    Alexandra Suite we had 120 sit down and 200 evening.
  • Options
    Eastwell Manor on the fringes of Canterbury is Beautiful but may be pricey.
  • Options
    I got married here Barnsgate Vinyard - it's just south of Tunbridge Wells, on the Kent/Sussex border.

Beautiful views over rolling, classic English countryside.

Not that we could see them as it absolutely pissed down. In the middle of June of course.
  • Options
    Can't you have your reception in The Phoenix in Dartford?....;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Can't you have your reception in The Phoenix in Dartford?....;-)

Free rides on big motorbikes in wedding gear, crack on

I must admit, leaning towards sidcup registry (cant have church wedding as she's a left footer, I'm a divorcee and I wont convert and she wont convert) then Beaverwood, price seems reasonable, 3-4k cheaper than hop farm, which granted is nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sidcup registry office is lovely. I used to live opposite it and see all the weddings taking place all day saturday. the only thing would be sometimes weddings out the back having photos taken and weddings arriving atthe front for the next slot. the last thing you would want to feel is that you're on a conveyor belt. lots of hotels do packages and are licensed to hold the ceremony and the after shebang.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Can't you have your reception in The Phoenix in Dartford?....;-)

Free rides on big motorbikes in wedding gear, crack on

I must admit, leaning towards sidcup registry (cant have church wedding as she's a left footer, I'm a divorcee and I wont convert and she wont convert) then Beaverwood, price seems reasonable, 3-4k cheaper than hop farm, which granted is nice.

D and I got married there...lovely Spring day....
  • Options
    Woolwich Reg for me.

have to be a bit liverly if you did it down there these days the locals would either nick the wedding car or think you was a gang mobing up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Woolwich Reg for me.

have to be a bit liverly if you did it down there these days the locals would either nick the wedding car or think you was a gang mobing up.

LOL
  • Options
    If the Beaverwood is the sports ground on Beaverwood Rd, then that's my Sunday team's home ground.

Can't say anything about the grub other than they do a lovely spread for us after the game (potential players please take note); potatoes, sausage rolls, sarnies, pizza, sausages, 4-pint jug of lager etc. Mind you, it costs us £2k a season !

Of course, everything comes down to budget, and if you have the budget for some of the other places mentioned, i'd prioritise them first mate as they are a step above this. You would definately struggle with your evening numbers there as well.
  • Options
    Cheers
  • Options
    The Woodlands, Hilday May Avenue, Swanley, Kent ~ Poplar Suite.

http://www.swanley.org.uk/infopage.asp?infoid=330
  • Options
    More importantly what are you gonna do for the stag do?
  • Options
    Try this place, I'm a bit biased my boy gets married there next year, oh yes! and it's strapped to the side of a golf course ;-)
    http://www.londonbeach.com/
  • Options
    Got married in Vegas 5 years ago. Amazing place. Been back since.

Can't beat the value. $800.00 paid for the Little Chapel of the Flowers, 25 professional photo's, limo hire from hotel to chapel to airport, helecopter over the hoover damn & grand canyon, boat across Lake Las Vegas and reception/meal for 7 at the Hyatt Regency 5* next to Lake Las Vegas......probably a bit more now days but not much.