Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I'm off to Cornwall...

2»

Comments

• It was a childhood holiday at Mullion, on the Lizard peninsula, that got me hooked on Cornwall. My first taste of real countryside - The dazzling aquamarine sea, the sweet smell of manure on a farm, the patchwork of emerald green fields. I went back twice a year from my late-teens to my thirties: travelling around by bus, or cycling and staying at youth hostels, and mostly walking. Just feeling the ground beneath my feet there is invigorating. I utterly adore the whole county.
  • edited August 2013
    never been to Cornwall and only been Devon once, so many great places in the UK its tough fitting them all in !
  • never been to Cornwall and only been Devon once, so many great places in the UK its tough fitting them all in !

Yes, you can't do everything at once! But do make time for Cornwall at some stage - even off-season it's still hauntingly beautiful. You won't regret it!

• never been to Cornwall and only been Devon once, so many great places in the UK its tough fitting them all in !

First time I've ever been and I'll be back, fantastic place for the kids, beaches are amazing...make time when the kids are at least age 4/5 mate
  • I can highly recommend a couple of gastro pubs in the Marazion area. The Falmouth Packet at Rosudgeon and the nearby Victoria Inn at Perranuthnoe. Spend the day at lovely Prussia Cove and then a bit of nosebag in the evening. Phone before you go always full in the evening.
  • I've just got back from a 2 week holiday to Gwithian, near Hayle. Be sure to go to the Rattler farm (don't bother about the tour, just go to the shop) near Perranporth. I have been there every year for the past 20 years (every year of my life) and it is great!!!! hope the weather is alright. Last week was horrible. 12 bottles of Rattler for about £23 from the farm isn't bad going! Enjoy
  • I've just got back from a 2 week holiday to Gwithian, near Hayle. Be sure to go to the Rattler farm (don't bother about the tour, just go to the shop) near Perranporth. I have been there every year for the past 20 years (every year of my life) and it is great!!!! hope the weather is alright. Last week was horrible. 12 bottles of Rattler for about £23 from the farm isn't bad going! Enjoy

Rattler being what? Scrumpy cider? Sounds brilliant.

• Pelham123 said:

I can highly recommend a couple of gastro pubs in the Marazion area. The Falmouth Packet at Rosudgeon and the nearby Victoria Inn at Perranuthnoe. Spend the day at lovely Prussia Cove and then a bit of nosebag in the evening. Phone before you go always full in the evening.

Yes, I can picture those pubs but have yet to visit them; thanks for the tip. Prussia Cove is simply gorgeous.

Rattler being what? Scrumpy cider? Sounds brilliant.

They call it cyder...

http://thecornishcyderfarm.co.uk/rattler/