Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace latest - How many sold??

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Waiting for my mates to get the red card's & season ticket numbers together, so we can group book.

Just wondering how many sold, as I should be able to book tomorrow but don't want to miss out (not that I thought there would be a chance of missing out), but after seeing "over 2k sold" branded about yesterday, I thought I better check.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    I've been waiting for red card's & season ticket numbers too from mates but have them now and i'm just about to phone up, so i'll ask for you how many are left.

Can't see it selling out though, so i'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Options
    I wont be going :o(

Got bottled last year so i'll bottle it this year ;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This makes me a little nervous, never been to Palarse but have ticket for this game. I know we don't like each other but will it be really bad and unsafe
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keep your head down and don't go looking for trouble and you will be ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I wont be going :o(

Got bottled last year so i'll bottle it this year ;o)

This makes me a little nervous, never been to Palarse but have ticket for this game. I know we don't like each other but will it be really bad and unsafe

It's not possible to rule out trouble at any game and there will be a greater possibility of trouble at that game than at many others but if you are sensible, you should be OK. I took my son last year. I didn't go by train because, call me claivoyant but I just felt if trouble is going to occur, it will probably be on the train or at the station. I parked where I always used to park when we played there. I decided to cover up scarves and shirts during the walk to and from the game. It was pretty angry when we walked out of the Arthur In a State stand but soon we were drifting away and back to our car.

It's not possible to guarantee a win but it's sure as hell fantastic when there is one. I can't take my lad this year but I'm certainly going to be there.
  • Options
    Just bought 4 tickets and was told there has been 1200 sold.

Thought I'd read other people had been told 2000 odd?!
  • Options
    I was kinda goading them wasn't a proper bottling - bottle didnt even break.

First and only time I had had some trouble!

they apparently didnt like the fact that I was singing "1-0 to the charlton" whilst wearing my Todorov black shirt.

I will try and make it but i work til 6 so it may be tough any good pubs to meet at?
  • Options
    what's the number for tickets?

I have decided to book it off and come along as i have me Red Card - no season ticket this year :o( so going to as many home and away games as possible on my o.k salary!
  • Options
    1200 sounds about right as it was 800 on Monday night according to the club email

someone was saying 2000 yesterday but that always seemed a bit implausible
  • Options
    I'll be going by car. Anyone got any advice on parking? That's if i can find it. Whenever I've been there before, I've got lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I always park in or around Woodside Green/Birchanger Road. You then walk up Tennison Road over the railway and down to the ground. I've always been able to park there provided you aim to get there around a hour before kick off.

Map
  • Options
    Cheers Bing. Just got to find it now.
  • Options
    Dazzler really....I'm not trying to be the hardman here....but if you've got to the stage of being frightened to go to a football match you need counciling old son!
    Come on FFS...... get a grip dear chap.
  • Options
    never be frightened

Enjoy your football
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]never be frightened

Enjoy your football

And don't taunt the other fans while wearing colours. Even at Palace this may result in a negative response : - )
  • Options
    lol I was rather jolly as we had just beat em!

I will do my best to be there!
  • Options
    Around 1500 sold as of this pm.
  • Options
    half way with just under 2 weeks to go
    Another win Sat might help boost it a little more
  • Options
    FAO OAKSTER your tickets have arrived..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its truly pathetic the amount sold,get your ass down there .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]its truly pathetic the amount sold,get your ass down there .[/quote]
    well siad

Wrong place to say it though as most already have on here
  • Options
    so as i have now ordered my tickets where would be the best place to drink before the game?
  • Options
    i know mate,but in general its sad,local derby doing half decent,excuses excuses,imagine how many we would take to millwall?
  • Options
    5 maybe 6?
  • Options
    not many nolly

im not normally in ooohahhhs camp but if we take less than 2000 to palace it would be embarassing!
  • Options
    maybe just put them on general sale next time,i repeat there is no need for restrictions,we have dire followings,the worst in london.
  • Options
    i do really hope we sell a few more. im driving from chichester to support the team. the team deserve our support in a local derby. in the reverse fixture palace sold 3000 and prob would have sold more.
  • Options
    good man chi.
  • Options
    i have tickets for row w is that at the back?