Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Look what's at the back of the North Upper!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Couldnt really see too much of them, as I'm in the North Upper to one side and about 5 rows from that back....

What I did see though looked quality. Hats off to all those involved.
  • Options
    Took a look at half time and they look really impressive.
  • Options
    I could see and read them clearly from back of the East, other than the Mendonca and Rufus one that was hidden.

Looked good. Now on to the overhead flags, flares, toilet rolls, megaphones, etc
  • Options
    The atmosphere definitely improved because of those banners, no doubt about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The atmosphere definitely improved because of those banners, no doubt about it.

I wouldn't go that far, but what I would agree with is what was said to me at the weekend by people in other stands, that finally it gives the north upper a bit of idenity, and instead of being a bit soulless, it adds a little something to it
  • Options
    Thought they looked great. Although my old man, now officially being a snowy, thought the Colin Walsh one was an advert for a local radio station...........Bloody JCLs!!
  • Options
    Good that the Blackburn game is 14 years on from the glorious day, gives that banner a bit of attention
  • Options
    any chance they could be put at the back of the north west and north east corners? great space available there i noticed at the weekend. i know you need more money to make more, but i couldn't see them on saturday cos people are in front of them.

any plans for there?
  • Options
    The corners and the back of the West upper are the next obvious places for me, first thing though is to get the two overheads made, Burro are redoing the art work on the Che Hales design at the moment, and I've got some excellent art work that might translate well on a 20m x 18m flag.

Next banner I hope will be after the Carling cup final. Welsh 47; Kinsella 98, 00; Young 06
  • Options
    Personally I'd like to see the focus being the the Covered End at first rather than spreading the banners and money too thinly but that is up for debate. Maybe a long strip banner the lenght of the lower north as well.

When we get the Che/Killer flag I'd like to have a handover from players to the fans. Don't know how we'd make that work but on the pitch would be great.

Also, and sorry Rothko if I'm talking out of turn, but would anyone buy a t-shirt with the slogans on? If so how do you do it on-line so you don't have to carry stock. Would be good Xmas presents and raise money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    speak to Lookout, Henry i think he was looking into something similar.

I agree the focus should be on the Covered End at first, lets fill the back of the stand fully before thinking of widening IMO.
  • Options
    Don't start on T-shirts!

I'll speak to Lookout about this, we've got copyright on 5 of the designs so we can do what we please with them, and Lookout needs to agree on the sixth.

As for the covered end, talking to the installers on Thursday, we're going to need to be clever about how the gaps are filled because of the design of the stand.
  • Options
    What about getting some on the South Stand, facing us?
  • Options
    Copyright-wise - are you ok to use the sword on t-shirts?
    Not trying to cause problems - just thought it best to ask early-on in case the club get a little upset....
  • Options
    I honestly don't trust away supporters, especially Scousers and Mancs not to damage them, and the front of the Jimmy Seed is covered in advertising anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Copyright-wise - are you ok to use the sword on t-shirts?
    Not trying to cause problems - just thought it best to ask early-on in case the club get a little upset....

Good point, Henry?
  • Options
    No not there obviously, but was wondering whether there would be room either side of Jimmy Seed Stand? There might be issues in terms of tethering them etc, but would be great if they could be placed where all sides of the ground could see them
  • Options
    I'll certainly have a look into it, but as Henry said the covered end is the first place to get done properly, make it our end again, first things first.
  • Options
    Could one be positioned across the bottom of the "big" screen?
  • Options
    T-mobile will have something to say about that I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dan, it's called the JIMMY SEED stand. Glad to see that you corrected yourself later.

On the copyright it should only be an issue if the money was for personal gain or if it used the CAFC logo. The only issue would be with the Live by the Sword for that reason but we'd run it past Mike Rea in any case so as to keep them on-side. That's one of the reasons that I've been very keen to let the club see the designs in advance and keep them informed.

Personally I think the street sellers are more of an issue than anything we might do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Dan, it's called the JIMMY SEED stand. Glad to see that you corrected yourself later.

I was wondering how long it would take you to have a nibble ;-)
  • Options
    Yep our Henry even corrects senior Board members on their mis-representing of the 'Old South Stand' .
  • Options
    Is the South Stand anywhere need the Jimmy Seed Stand????? ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When we get the Che/Killer flag I'd like to have a handover from players to the fans. Don't know how we'd make that work but on the pitch would be great.

Surely a place in the presentation should be found for Killer.....
  • Options
    well done to all involved. i don't think the picks do justice really. this is real fan involvement at the club, and for me just goes to reinforce the fact that we the fans are a major part of the club, unlike some other teams with very, very ,very wealthy backer's that don't seem to care about the fans wishes or views. well done to the valley faithful. it really is fan power that has brought our club back from the 11th hour in 1984, and this is just taking it to the next level. again just brilliant ;-)
  • Options
    I was being sarcastic. But ignore me - bad mood!