Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best corporate freebie you've received

13»

Comments

• Options

BBC stuck me up in a hotel the night before Blackpool away at the end of the season so I could commentate on the game for BBC Kent.

Breakfast was included. It was a buffet so I had three sausages and five hash browns.

In fairness I do the games for free so I was happy to accept a bit of special treatment for that one.

@wwaddickson‌ How did you get involved with that? That would be really intresting to do...

I've been given a ham sandwich whilst at work which I didn't pay for... Joys of the public sector...
    When @petef left doing the BBC commentary for matchday live it left the co-comm slot open on the BBC coverage (Which has still been going out on BBC Kent MW) until the end of the season which I was nominated for (I'd done it once before for the BBC and had being doing commentary work for CAFCPlayer's full match videos with @KillersBeard as well as doing Charlton Live shows).

Not sure if we're continuing the BBC stuff next year as I don't think anybody was actually listening on BBC Kent MW!
  • Options
    What's a corporate freebie! Never had one of these! Must be working for the wrong companies, if anybody has a corporate freebie that they want to give me so I can sample the experience others seem to have please feel free to message me, anything will be acceptable, maybe a pen, tickets for something, well just anything will do. Many thanks.
  • Options

BBC stuck me up in a hotel the night before Blackpool away at the end of the season so I could commentate on the game for BBC Kent.

Breakfast was included. It was a buffet so I had three sausages and five hash browns.

In fairness I do the games for free so I was happy to accept a bit of special treatment for that one.

@wwaddickson‌ How did you get involved with that? That would be really intresting to do...

I've been given a ham sandwich whilst at work which I didn't pay for... Joys of the public sector...
    When @petef left doing the BBC commentary for matchday live it left the co-comm slot open on the BBC coverage (Which has still been going out on BBC Kent MW) until the end of the season which I was nominated for (I'd done it once before for the BBC and had being doing commentary work for CAFCPlayer's full match videos with @KillersBeard as well as doing Charlton Live shows).

Not sure if we're continuing the BBC stuff next year as I don't think anybody was actually listening on BBC Kent MW!
    Interesting, Id love to try my hand at something like that.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Corporate Freebies!!!!!

You guys don't know how lucky you are. I work in local government where you have to send a request form in triplicate for a paper clip!

Had a 1% pay rise in the last 4 years and we have been offered 1% for this year, corporate f@@kin freebies!!!!!!!!!

How's your pension ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Essex_Al said:

Corporate Freebies!!!!!

You guys don't know how lucky you are. I work in local government where you have to send a request form in triplicate for a paper clip!

Had a 1% pay rise in the last 4 years and we have been offered 1% for this year, corporate f@@kin freebies!!!!!!!!!

How's your pension ?
    Hugely reduced.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Essex_Al said:

Corporate Freebies!!!!!

How's your pension ?
    Opposite to my blood pressure!
  • Options
    I once got a free Partridge Family DVD box set. That's probably about it, to be honest.
  • Options
    I wouldn't brag about being a hospitality tart :-)
  • Options
    Bumping along at Winstonlead (or whatever it's called now) Kent league level in my field I am not important enough to be offered corporate hospitality.

However I did some voluntary work for somebody that is and they passed me their corporate entry to the Directors Box at Charlton on a few occasions back in the post return but pre prem days which was enjoyable.

My daughter came with me once and Terry Butcher and John Wark were there. She asked Wark for his autograph and he signed saying you're too young to know who I am. She told him she'd seen him in Escape To Victory on the TV (which she had).

That was the end of my corporate hospitality.
  • Options
    Latest of plenty of good ones was an all expenses day at royal ascot yesterday in the royal enclosure :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crate of beer
  • Options
    How the other half live springs to mind...and jealousy ;-)
  • Options
    The local DAAT let me use their Power Point projector when as a freelancer I really ought to provide my own. Get in.
  • Options
    When I played for Welling many moons ago got two tickets for the Everton v Liverpool FA Cup final, I took my old man who sadly is no longer with us............We had a great day out together.........ahh happy days!!!!