Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ever had a great escape?

2»

Comments

• Options
    blimey dont remember a park just loads of wierd terraced houses right outside away end!! mind you had the hangover from hell that day from a night out in bradleys sidcup!
  • Options
    we parked the otherside of the park ols and i remember meeting loads of charlton saying it was going off in the park and in the town centre by the time we got back to our car i had heard someone had been hit with a hatchet.

i also remember spurs had lost 6 nil that day and i was well looking forward to getting home and rubbing that in
  • Options
    prospect park it was called
  • Options
    ooh sod that, hatchet, nice!! dont like reading fans, they are a wanky lot aint they!
  • Options
    mainly yiddo's i have heard since but i dont know if that was to be believed
  • Options
    well, yiddos are mugs too lol
  • Options
    oh yeah talking of yiddos, there doing well at the mo aint they!! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]ledge that was a very strange journey from the ground wasnt that the hatchet afternoon

THERE WAS A LOT OF TALK OF THAT -

We were in the town centre it was a load of blacks and asians kicking off - they'd got a clump the year previous from a few charlton so exacted revenge - they still got a clump this time but they came tooled up but we gave as good as we got - i remember someone getting hit with a mallet and having his arm broken and I think that's where the hatchet thing come from not sure how true this hatchet story is -

one of my lot was getting turned over by about 6 brave souls when i waded in , foolishly but when a pal is getting done, and then I got chased by 4 of them ended up having it with them done managed to do 2 of 'em especially one of them - got saved by the OB in the end - 3 broken ribs and nose - - approx 8 weeks before birht of my 1st boy so wasn't the flavour of the month at home
  • Options
    3 of us going to Thailand for xmas and new year.
    I had been Koh Samui before, my mate had been Phuket before and the the 3rd had not been Thailand before.
    Me and my mate tossed a coin as to whether it would be Phuket or Samui - I lost so we went to Samui.
    Boxing day, left the pool and went up to the room to find I had 20 odd missed calls on my mobile from relatives/friends back home
    as the tsunami had hit SE Asia and Phuket was hit hard, whereas Samui was other side of Thailand mainland so
    no damage at all. We were totally unaware of what had happened until then.
  • Options
    wow one lung now that's a proper great escape.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]ledge that was a very strange journey from the ground wasnt that the hatchet afternoon

THERE WAS A LOT OF TALK OF THAT -

We were in the town centre it was a load of blacks and asians kicking off - they'd got a clump the year previous from a few charlton so exacted revenge - they still got a clump this time but they came tooled up but we gave as good as we got - i remember someone getting hit with a mallet and having his arm broken and I think that's where the hatchet thing come from not sure how true this hatchet story is -

one of my lot was getting turned over by about 6 brave souls when i waded in , foolishly but when a pal is getting done, and then I got chased by 4 of them ended up having it with them done managed to do 2 of 'em especially one of them - got saved by the OB in the end - 3 broken ribs and nose - - approx 8 weeks before birht of my 1st boy so wasn't the flavour of the month at home

I wasn't so lucky in August 1976. It was a pre-season at Reading and a good few Charlton had created 'havoc' in the town centre before the match. Clashes involving local black youths etc. On the way to the ground, a small group of us got separated from the main Charlton. As we were walking down the road a bus went past and when it stopped all of the passengers got off (Black Youths) and came charging down the road towards us. I stepped into a butchers shop thinking that he might help me but all he did was push me out and fed me to the wolves, so to speak. I got a right kicking by about 30 blokes. Ended up with a broken nose, broken jaw and a fractured skull. If it wasn't for the police turning up en masse, I'm sure they would have killed me.
  • Options
    On the note of MrOneLung

Not me but my family (mostly my little brother). They were in Phuket couple of Christmas' ago. Alex (the little bro) was playing beach football at the Laguna Beach Resort about 10 minutes drive from my house over there. Anyway my mum called him to come back for dinner so off he toddled back to the house, within 45 minutes that whole place was destroyed and he was unscathed. He's a lucky boy!
  • Options
    what a knife-edge we live on, my tame escapes are
    - age 2 being found facedown drowning in a neighbours pond by my grandfather
    - in thick snow in the Lake District, sliding on my coat down a slope near the top of Bow Fell and then not being able to stop when I needed to and scrabbling to a stop mere inches from a cliff drop

I am waiting eagerly for Goonerhater's tales ....
  • Options
    Had menigitis as a kid, not a fatal strain in the end, but touch & go at first, had the full lumber puncture etc.
  • Options
    Disclaimer

as an upstanding citizen i just want to add that although i may have been aware of certain misdemeaners involving charlton fans away i was no where near involved in any

many thanks nla