Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday Headlines

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Saw this on netaddicks. Whats the headings going to be. Mine is:

REED ALL ABOUT IT - Sunday 26th November 2006

New Charlton Boss Les Reed got hes first home game in sole charge of the addicks off to a flying start, with a 3-1 victory over high flying Everton.

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2006
    THE LES SAID THE BETTER

Charlton slump to yet another defeat and don't have a SINGLE shot on target.

BENT BOYS HIT BUM NOTE

Marcus and Darren BOTH miss penalities as Charlton draw 1-1 with lucklustre Everton

(this is not my view)
  • Options
    very good WSS
  • Options
    ROBSON AND JEROME - GREATEST HITS

Mark Robson's inspired tactical advice to new manager Les Reed, inspires Charlton to a valuable win as Jerome Thomas helps himself to a hatrick of the highest quality
  • Options
    Dan, that is brilliant. lol
  • Options
    AJ Reed's The Script

Can it get any worse for Charlton fans. Not only did they slump to thier 2nd defeat in a row but Former PALACE striker Andy Johnson netted a fine hat-trick and hes first goals in eight games to worsen Charlton's woes that seems them rock bottom of the Premier League.

:o( now that would be depressing.
  • Options
    DIVER CITY WELCOMES EVERYONE

In a game dominated by cheats, Andy Johnson wins 2 penalties by theatrically diving and misses both and Darren Bent scores two by the same method.
  • Options
    Shag wins Valley Gold Jackpot
  • Options
    my old man has won that before and then three months later he won the Instant Jackpot on his birthday!

he used that to convince my mum that he could buy a 10 year season ticket!
  • Options
    1905 Drinks Diet Coke Before Match!!
  • Options
    If we lose:

Reed it and weep
    chewed up by the Toffees

or

when we win:

Les is more
    Double Diving AJ sees red (would love to see the Mekon lookalike sent off for a couple pf penalty box plunges)
    Put to the sword (with a paragraph mentioning the new signs at the back of the North Upper)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oi !

You're using up all our potential article headlines here !!
  • Options
    REED THEM THE RIOT ACT

After Addicks lose again 0-1 to lacklustre Everton

As ever the Charlton team played attractive football but without the final ball needed to be convincing. The look on Darren Bent's face said it all after he was asked to play up front as a lone ranger again...!

(All fantasy I hope....)
  • Options
    BY JORGE, THEY'VE DONE IT

Former Charlton and European Cup Winner Jorge Costa was in the stands to watch his former club notch up a convincing 3-0 win to push them up to 16th in the table
  • Options
    MUFFIN TO BE SCARED OF

A month after Everton fans caused outrage in the capital through coining ex-Charlton star Claus Jensen, one East Stand mum sought revenge by launching a low-fat blueberry muffin at slaphead Everton gymnast Andy Johnson. Fortunately for Johnson, his double back-flip spared him from danger, and he confidently returned to his feet to score the resulting penalty.
  • Options
    My shit doesn't stink

David Moyes refused to admit Andy Johnson did anything wrong yesterday following his shameful penatly box antics at the Valley.
  • Options
    GOLUM LOOKS GLUM

Everton Manager and Lord of the Rings lookalike, David Moyes could not hide his dissappointment as Everton failed to come to terms with Charlton's expansive, free flowing and committed display in front of a partisan, vocal crowd at The Valley yesterday. He said "My Precious Andy Johnson didnt get a touch all day".
  • Options
    Johnson In Incest Shame

According to exclusive inside information that the NoTW reporter learnt of whilst attending the recent Barclays Premiership match between Charlton Athletic and Everton, Andy Johnson's mother is in fact his sister, whilst his brother turns out to be his father.

Mr Johnson was unavailable for comment.
  • Options
    LES BE HAVING YOU

New Charlton manager Les Reed began his managerial career in spectacular fashion.

Having taking to the pitch wpre-match ith microphone, the 53-year old ex-coach launched a passionate plea to supporters to back his confidence-drained side. :The supporters roared their approval, but the impact was lost when Les then read out a list of discounts currently available in the club's superstore, new routes for the Valley Express, and details of the Tonbridge branch's annual cake decorating spectacular. By the time he had finished giving councilling contact details for any supporters recently effected by self-harming, the teams had emerged to the pitch. With no pre-match team talk, the Charlton team adopted a confused 2-7-1 formation, and promptly lost 9-0.
  • Options
    LMFAO! Quality Smudge!!
  • Options
    REED LOCKED OUT

New Charlton Athletic head coach Les Reed missed his new sides 6-1 mauling of Everton as he was refused permission to enter The Valley. Security staff refused him admittance despite his continued insistance that he was the new first team head coach. A security guard was quoted as saying 'he must think we are all stupid. I mean everyone knows Murray Walker doesn't do football comentary'. In his absense coach Mark Robson guided the team to an improbable victory made all the more impressive by the fact that lone striker Kevin Lisbie played with one arm in a sling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably do better with one leg in a sling large... Then again we cant be too hard on him as hes only young
  • Options
    BENT OVER AS EVERTON COME FROM BEHIND

Charlton's ongoing misery was extended in a disppointing double-whammy yesterday. The fact the club threw away three points with the two late goals conceeded, their disappointment was compounded by Darren Bent being ruled out for the rest of the season in a freak injury, with Les Reed's flip chart stand falling on Darren's foot and smashing his metertarsal.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Reed Points it out:

Les Reed flew off the handle at a post-match press conference yesterday. Angered by suggestion that he was a bit doddery Les launched into a tirade that included suggesting that the assembled hacks all '...smelt of cheese' and then proceeded to shine his official Football Association, super duper, laser pointer in the eyes of anyone who dared to ask a question. 112 year old Reed then stormed out of the press room accompanied by his nurse muttering something about a lawnmower.
  • Options
    LES REEDS THE RIOT ACT

Head coach Les Reed launched an astonishing post match tirade against his overpaid, under performing Premiership 'stars' after another lacklustre display against Everton at The Valley. Les reserved a special rant for defender Djimi Traore who missed the game as he was stuck at the Post Office sorting out the car tax for his hummer. Les said 'Djimi has been in this country long enough to know that Post Office's close at midday on a Saturday and as a result get very busy. Why he couldn't send his agent I'll never know'.
  • Options
    lol, keep em coming guys. loving this thread.

might do an article on some of them.
  • Options
    HAYES KEPT IN THE DARK

The outer London suburb of Hayes was plunged into darkness for the third succesive night following a recent power explosion. Meanwhile, Charlton's elected supporter representative maintains he knows everything that is going on the club, but is not telling anyone about it. 'I know everything that is going on in the club' said Henry Irving. However, he added 'but i'm not going to tell anyone about it. So ner'
  • Options
    Having a butchers:

Charlton fans last night demonstrated their displeasure at the clubs injury record this season. A further three players cried off with hamstring injuries yesterday in the 0-0 draw with Everton. A group of supporters were found protesting at the back of the main stand following the game. Instead of chanting 'sack the board' they made their point by waving slices of wafer thin ham (believed to be honey roast - currently on special offer at Sainsbury's) and pelting the clubs staff as they left the ground.
  • Options
    A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE

As with his namesake Lou, Charlton Athletic Head Coach Les Reed is preparing to (Take A) Walk On The Wild Side. Mr Reed is lining up ex-Charlton defender and current Halifax Town manager Chris Wilder as the final piece in his coaching team jigsaw. Reed said 'I've known Chris since he was a lad growing up with David Beckham and I've always followed his career closely. He has all the relevant badges although he may have to brush up a bit on his one for cycling proficiency.'

Reed meanwhile remained tight-lipped on the prospect of Beckham following Wilder to The Valley. 'It's just speculation' said Reed adding 'at the moment' under his breath. With Becks lined-up for a move to Japan or the US Reed may have to call upon his close friendship with the Beckham family to turn a move to The Valley into reality. One factor in Charlton's favour is the closeness to the largest shopping centre in Europe, Bluewater, a known favourite of Romeo's who is a regular visitor to The Disney Store.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    REED MY LIPS

New Charlton Boss Les Reed decided to try a new method at half time by KISSING all of the Charlton players in a desperate attempt to liven thier second half up.
    Charlton were trailing 3-1 at half time thanks to a James Beattie penalty and two own goals from newly signed player Karim Bagheri.
    A Charlton spokeswomen after the game read 'Darren Ambrose was up for it and managed to persuade Thomas Myhre and Dennis Rommendahl into the kissing session. We have no further comment to make upon the matter'
    Charlton went on to loose the game 6-1 leaving them bottom of the table.
  • Options
    Losing - Its Not Unusal

Charlton's new Head Coach is getting used to that feeling on a Saturday afternoon....