Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Utd Players to sue West Ham

2»

Comments

• Options
    West Ham cheated and knowingly broke the rules. The fine was derisory (not long after that was handed down they put a bid in for Darren Bent of something like £16m) and only a points deduction, if not automatic relegation would have been a suitable punishment.

Well done to the Blades for keeping on with the fight and I hope they do get their £30m although I suspect the footballing establishment will find some way to reduce it significantly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The cowards at the Premier League hoped to see WHU relegated in the the natural way and so have the job they were too afraid to themselves done for them. Then it all went wrong.

Personally I reckon the League should sue Sheffield for incompetence and failing to follow the script.
  • Options
    At what point could West Ham go out of business? How much would have to lose?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]At what point could West Ham go out of business? How much would have to lose?[/quote]

If they can't pay their fine and meet their other obligations. Given that the owner is a multi-millionaire I can't see it happening, but their might be a little belt tightening for WH with a few players sold in the next window, which is roughly when they'll learn how much the fine is. The danger might be extra court cases - such as Sheff Utd's players sueing the Hammers.
  • Options
    Which all goes to show that if only the PL Administrators/FA had acted with competance and integrity at the time, all this would have been resolved before the end of that season.
  • Options
    Next question(s)...

Why hasn't Duxbury been charged with something - surely he is guilty of fraud and has admitted that he deliberately broke the rules? Failing that, why hasn't he been barred from being involved in football or at the very least been charged with bringing the game into disrepute?
  • Options
    Sums up what is wrong with our game now....money money money. Guess those Sheff Utd players must have been really skint only earning about 15 grand a week. Get on and play the fcuking game.
    Cap the wages and transfer fees before our game goes totally down the pan.