Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo

We have gotta at least have him on the bench.The game was crying out for 30 minutes of him today.

Comments

• Options
    Yes I agree. The game was crying out for something different, and we deserved to get something out of it with all that possesion.
  • Options
    Hell yeah good point especially his corners a big threat they are. Look at Bouazzas corner went in and out !!!!.
  • Options
    Bailey should be taking the corners.
  • Options
    bailey should be on the edge of the area a la wolves
  • Options
    But he is the only one who can take a corner!
  • Options
    I nominate Colin Powell to take the corners - and Flash to flick it on for Killer at the back post.
  • Options
    jonjo can take a corner
  • Options
    I just don't think we should be expecting too much out of a 16 year old, I wish we could loan him out, but the expectation levels won't allow it
  • Options
    I think Pardew should choose hisbest 11 players and stck to them week in week out - except if any of the best 11 get injured - I have no clue what he is doing or why..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]I think Pardew should choose hisbest 11 players and stck to them week in week out - except if any of the best 11 get injured - I have no clue what he is doing or why..

I thought today was his best available side. To expect a 16 yo kid to be the answer is unrealsitic ... for the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I Personally wished that Jonjo came on at the end, the amount of corners that we won which just got wasted, with the same occurring at Nottingham.
  • Options
    He (JJ) has taken ONE decent corner against Swansea from which we scored, his others were poor.
    FFS stop building him up as the saviour of CAFC and Football as a whole.
    He is the best prospect we have had since Parker, BUT, he is just a prospect. Let the lad develop naturally and don't put the whole future of the club on such young shoulders.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]He (JJ) has taken ONE decent corner against Swansea from which we scored, his others were poor.
    FFS stop building him up as the saviour of CAFC and Football as a whole.
    He is the best prospect we have had since Parker, BUT, he is just a prospect. Let the lad develop naturally and don't put the whole future of the club on such young shoulders.

I think this in an area where Pards has to take some blame. He like to talk things up and I think he's guilty of making a bit too much of a fuss about Shelvey and raising expectations. I think you could say the same about the team in general last season and perhaps a bit about Varney too, he talks about Varney struggling a bit with the expectation last season and then procedes to declare him 'his main man' thus heaping expectation on him.
  • Options
    think we should at least play Jonjo in home games
  • Options
    if we dont the boy could become dis-illusioned and do a bostock on us as he is not 17 yet.
  • Options
    JJ agreed should have at least been on the bench
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    if he is good enough he is old enough far better judges of footballers than anyone on here have been making that statement about young footballers for years i personally want him to br playing however Pards obviously doesnt now that can only mean 2 things he doesnt think he is good enough yet, or Pards is turning into a clueless big nosed bstd who can not make changes early enough or with the right players in the right positions

i know what one i think it is
  • Options
    I dont think anyone is suggesting that jj is the saviour of Charlton. He certainly very talented, and might just be able to change a game now and then. Giving him (and others) a chance is the only way to give them experience, and find out just how good they are. I'm sure there are a few players who are getting a bit disheartened by the lack of first team action.I mean, its not as though we're doing so well that we dont dare change it round.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite] I'm sure there are a few players who are getting a bit disheartened by the lack of first team action.I mean, its not as though we're doing so well that we dont dare change it round.

Surely, it was the chopping and changing in the 2nd part of last season that undermined our season?
    Do we really want change for the sake of change?
  • Options
    so oggy how the feck does semedo feel as i remember we were doing ok until pards dropped him out of things last season!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No idea how Sem feels, Steve ....... but I'm sure we all think the team can be improved.

But we do need stability in the team, at least 8 players that deserve to be picked each week - and hopefully really the same 11 with just an injury or home/away tactical change.

I can't see that we'd achieve that by bringing in a raft of reserves each time we lose a match.
  • Options
    thanks my point semedo was dropped last season for so called bigger names,but he did it last year.
  • Options
    Semedo was the 'new' Kish for the first part of the season - and he balance the midfield well with Reidy.

But once Reidy was injured/gone, the midfield stopped creating so something had to be done.

Semedo is essentially a defensive player in midfield. We can't really play him there alongside Bailey.
    I happen to think he's a decent right back - maybe that'll be the position he eventually nails down.
  • Options
    he will turn you too oggy in the end with his constant straight talking honest opinions the bstd ;-)
  • Options
    Why is everyone so worried about age... Did no one see the arsenal team that destroyed sheffield utd last week??? Chirpy you are so wrong about the corners . I would say 90% at least are very good they are made better by people being willing to put thier head in where it might get kicked. If you stand and watch a good corner instead of attacking. Does it then it becomes a poor corner? His corners are always in the air and in the danger area not kicked out of touch or a piddly little roll along the floor. Once you deliver a corner the rest is up to your team mates.
  • Options
    Didn't we hit the post from a corner against Wednesday? Can't have been that poor!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]if he is good enough he is old enough far better judges of footballers than anyone on here have been making that statement about young footballers for years i personally want him to br playing however Pards obviously doesnt now that can only mean 2 things he doesnt think he is good enough yet, or Pards is turning into a clueless big nosed bstd who can not make changes early enough or with the right players in the right positions

i know what one i think it is

I bet you do.

The number of people that trot that line out never think about the graveyard of young players who have their careers wrecked by getting thrown into the team and having expecations heaped on them.

Our piss poor support will be booing the lad off the minute he makes a mistake. I'd like to see him play a bit more, myself but at the moment we're working to a plan. If the only strategy that you have is to rely on a 16 year old to score a thirty yard screamer then I'd suggest we stick with Plan A.
  • Options
    A good corner goes past the first defender. We, CAFC, have not had anyone to do that regularly for YEARS! That includes Jensen, Murphy and all the others. I reckon our success rate is about 20%.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]A good corner goes past the first defender. We, CAFC, have not had anyone to do that regularly for YEARS! That includes Jensen, Murphy and all the others. I reckon our success rate is about 20%.

Defenders are much bigger these days, Chirpy - that's why.

;o)
  • Options
    We really don't want to be playing the lad too much this side of January - might lose him for £100K to the Spuds or Newcastle in the window otherwise!