Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo

Comments

• Options
    I should think that the footballing equivalent of the world & his wife are well aware of Jonjo ....... no secrets in football scouting.
  • Options
    Ah but it's a bit like a $10,000,000 unraced wonder horse - he still has to do it on the track to prove his worth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]A good corner goes past the first defender. We, CAFC, have not had anyone to do that regularly for YEARS! That includes Jensen, Murphy and all the others. I reckon our success rate is about 20%.

Di Canio? I believe we scored more goals from set-pieces than anyone else in the prem that season.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]A good corner goes past the first defender. We, CAFC, have not had anyone to do that regularly for YEARS! That includes Jensen, Murphy and all the others. I reckon our success rate is about 20%.
    I seem to recall the last time he played every corner went past the first man. They varied between penalty spot and far post where they can be attacked. Not sure if you have seen enough of him if you think he cant consistantly get it past the first man and into dangerous places. Likewise with freekicks it can add a lot to a team to have that in your side. I'm nowhere near saying he is the finished aricle but if your gonna knock do it for something he isn't good at not something he is very good at
  • Options
    I m not suggesting we make loads of changes oggy. We all know thats not the answer. I m talking about giving other players a chance when the regular ones aren't getting results. Otherwise 1) Whats the point in having a large squad. 2) How is anybody going to get the chance to prove themself. Last season, before he got injured,according to Pards ,Dickson was about to get his chance and play a big part for the rest of the season. Whats happened ? he cant even get on the bench now. I dont believe he would score any less than our present forwards. Sorry, i dont get it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    I seem to recall the last time he played every corner went past the first man. They varied between penalty spot and far post where they can be attacked. Not sure if you have seen enough of him if you think he cant consistantly get it past the first man and into dangerous places. Likewise with freekicks it can add a lot to a team to have that in your side. I'm nowhere near saying he is the finished aricle but if your gonna knock do it for something he isn't good at not something he is very good at

I think Basey offers a pretty good alternative in the set-piece department and with Youga apparently not pulling up any trees this season perhaps he is worth a start? Or perhaps on the left of midfield, maybe moving Bouazza to the right.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Don't mind Basey at left midfield, but I don't want to see Bouazza on the right.

It's nice to finally have a wingers on each side on their natural foot, don't think it would help Bouazza at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Is Buzz definitely left footed then? I always thought he was pretty two footed and was a bit like JT in that he was a naturally right footed left winger, just that he'll use his swinger which JT never would. I ask because obviously I haven't seen him play yet.
  • Options
    On the subject of Jonjo where's Uncle gone??
  • Options
    I would think that Uncle is as peed off as Jonjo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    HE'S BEEN GAGGED BY THE "FAMILY" :-)
  • Options
    Is Buzz definitely left footed then? I always thought he was pretty two footed and was a bit like JT in that he was a naturally right footed left winger, just that he'll use his swinger which JT never would. I ask because obviously I haven't seen him play yet.

Yeah he is.

Pardew has tried him on the right, he was trying to get onto his left foot most of the time, didn't look comfortable to me.
  • Options
    Getting back to the subject of the thread, Jonjo, how has he been playing of late?
  • Options
    Dazzler he aint gone anywhere. Ledge i dont get gagged by anyone i say what i think. I've had internet connection problems thats all. Hi everyone i'm back lol
  • Options
    uncle is back uncle is back allo allo
  • Options
    Ha ha how you doing mate
  • Options
    ok mate bit gutted we let it slip today.
  • Options
    thank god the uncle is back on board... a source of optimism!
  • Options
    i make you right.
  • Options
    So Where has Uncle gotten to now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]So Where has Uncle gotten to now?

Good point, his silence can only be interpreted as meaning that Jonjo is about to be transfered. I can't see any other explanation.
  • Options
    Or he's on holiday or actually doing some work at erm work???

How is it that i won employee of the week last week when i'm on here so much????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

How is it that i won employee of the week last week when i'm on here so much????

What sites were the rest of your colleagues looking at then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]How is it that i won employee of the week last week when i'm on here so much????

... because you're self-employed?
  • Options
    afka looks at this mostly:

afkas fav

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]So Where has Uncle gotten to now?

Good point, his silence can only be interpreted as meaning that Jonjo is about to be transfered. I can't see any other explanation.

He's at The Valley renewing his season ticket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]How is it that i won employee of the week last week when i'm on here so much????

... because you're self-employed?

Nope
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

What sites were the rest of your colleagues looking at then?
    No idea but they all still have jobs!
  • Options

What do you work as then?
    Is AFKA your boss?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Or he's on holiday or actually doing some work at erm work???

Do Asda still do employee of the week? ;)
  • Options
    lol TCE

as stated on the Career Change thread chris I am a Travel Insurance Claims Assistant