Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Was burgled last night....

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
If you have a UPVC door, make sure you double lock it. Learnt my lesson......

Comments

• Options
    Aww Crap - How much did the scroats get away with?
  • Options
    Bugger. I feel for you Fishnets.
  • Options
    knicked two handbags..containing credit cards, phones, Blackberry, front door key....just had the lock changed...£160...grrrrrrr
  • Options
    fecking crack heads
  • Options
    mate thats how they nicked my new car. UVPC widow prized open and key taken.

ADT £700 to install £28 a month 24/7 monitored. wont stop em 100 % but easier targets about --- sad really.

shit bag thing to happen is D ok ?
  • Options
    Had exactly the same thing happen to me last year so can feel your pain fella - didnt double lock either...however they did! they kindly locked me in with my keys took my laptop and a few other bits then drove off in my Evo. Nice.

Could have been a lot lot worse...some of these people are desperate and will do anything...small consolation i know
  • Options
    That sucks, Fishnets. Effing scumbags.

My daughter's boyfriend got mugged in Charlton on friday too. 9.30pm on Wellington Gardens, jumped by half a dozen teenage thugs and lost his wallet, iPod and phone. Scuzzers.
  • Options
    Scum of the ****ing Earth. Anyone who burgles or mugs someone should be beaten to death. Have never been mugged, but we were burgled a few years back - after seeing what it did to my wife, for about a month I walked round literally shaking with rage.
  • Options
    Burgled a few years ago when we lived in a one bed flat whilst we were asleep in bed. F*cking scum bag. My wife was petrified for weeks. Sorry to hear.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Scum just scum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear your bad news.
  • Options
    sorry to here that fishnets.
    as a kid we were burgled, and the sick feeling of that experience i will never forget.
    know someone who got done about 6 months ago, 4 done in same night within half mile radius. all pvc doors. they couldn't have been in the place for more than a minute. basically walked into his living room, took laptop & wallet, and left in his car.
  • Options
    Bad news and feel for you.

Times I leave my wallet etc downstairs when they tell you to take in up with you. Still we shouldn't have to worry about where you leave your own stuff in your own house.
  • Options
    arseholes , when they get caught f---all happens to em anyway they need stringing up low life scum.
  • Options
    Absolute scum, the fact we have to double lock our property to prevent this occurring is just plain wrong.
  • Options
    Utter filth, hope they catch them. They'll probably dispose of the stuff that is a 'mare for you to replace for buttons, too. Scum.
  • Options
    Bastards. Should be strung up when they're caught... but they'll probably get a slapped wrist and a bit of gardening to do in the community.

Sorry to hear it Russ.
  • Options
    it's the opportunism that winds me up the most. They must have known you were out as well.

mirrro everyone elses' comments. we got burgled in our 1st house and if my train hadn't been cancelled I would have caught the **** in the house and that would have been fun.

Sorry to hear fishnets
  • Options
    No mate, we were in, upstairs asleep....had my children round as well.....

Found some of our papers about a third of a mile away so I reckon they are local scumbags
  • Options
    sorry to hear fella hope family okay...been done twice...alas its one of those things now lucky if you dont get done over the years........bring make the stocks.....something local to name and shame the scum and their family...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]If you have a UPVC door, make sure you double lock it. Learnt my lesson......

Mate, sorry to hear your bad news

[cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]mate thats how they nicked my new car. UVPC widow prized open and key taken.

ADT £700 to install £28 a month 24/7 monitored. wont stop em 100 % but easier targets about --- sad really.

shit bag thing to happen is D ok ?

We got burgled a couple of years ago whilst Mrs McMoist went up the shops. She was only gone 10 minutes. She set the 'alarm' but that didn't even seem to deter them. We switched to ADT with a 24/7 monitored alarm, was targeted again and the police caught the smack heads red handed. So if any one is thinking about getting an ADT alarm, go for it. In my experience, it's well worth the money and peace of mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]No mate, we were in, upstairs asleep....had my children round as well.....

Found some of our papers about a third of a mile away so I reckon they are local scumbags

oh my god even scarier - - least nothing else happened.
  • Options
    sorry to here the news

Will make me think never locked up proper stupid really will do from now on
  • Options
    know how you feel fella. Was burgled last christmas while we were asleep upstairs.

Would reinforce what people are saying about an Alarm. My one is great, can have it on while were in bed, sends me a text message if it goes off and informs the police as well.

To all those who havent been burgled - get one before you do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]If you have a UPVC door, make sure you double lock it. Learnt my lesson......

Some of these are so easy to open!

A friend (with a very new UPVC door) was locked out recently when the wind slammed the door shut behind him and he couldn't get in as the keys were inside.

He called a locksmith and he took about five seconds to open it with the old credit card style trick - easy as that!
  • Options
    yeah think fishnets is aware of that Sporaddick.
  • Options
    Got drugged and mugged by knife point in Portugal two weeks ago. Took my watch, camera and money. Not nice second day of the holiday.

My granddad spoke to a man at Charlton on Saturday who had the same thing with a UPVC door on Friday night, stole his car etc whilst he was asleep up stairs. Car was a new Merc and only had 3,000 on the clock.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite].

Mate, your username isn't really appropriate for this thread
  • Options
    This sort of thing happening close to home, certainly makes you think. Friends of ours round the corner got done in a similar fashion not that long ago, got away with cash and their car, while they were asleep upstairs!!!

Really sorry to hear about this Fishnets and I sort of hope you meet up with them before the OB do, (even though both are unlikely).

Mainly though I hope the family are okay as this sort of thing can effect people in many different ways.

In the unlikely event there is anything any of us can do, I'm sure we'd all do what we could to help, just ask.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]Got drugged and mugged by knife point in Portugal two weeks ago. Took my watch, camera and money. Not nice second day of the holiday.

My granddad spoke to a man at Charlton on Saturday who had the same thing with a UPVC door on Friday night, stole his car etc whilst he was asleep up stairs. Car was a new Merc and only had 3,000 on the clock.

Merc AMG got stolen from our road the other day...