Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Was burgled last night....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]This sort of thing happening close to home, certainly makes you think. Friends of ours round the corner got done in a similar fashion not that long ago, got away with cash and their car, while they were asleep upstairs!!!

Really sorry to hear about this Fishnets and I sort of hope you meet up with them before the OB do, (even though both are unlikely).

Mainly though I hope the family are okay as this sort of thing can effect people in many different ways.

In the unlikely event there is anything any of us can do, I'm sure we'd all do what we could to help, just ask.

Thank you Killer..
  • Options
    V sorry to hear about this, Fishnets, and everyone else it's happened to.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was quite impressed with the Police response...Copper around within 40 minutes. Shame it was peeing down as the Copper said a dog unit would been able to trace their steps...
  • Options
    fella as said ADT alarm ! only thing is which type ---- how do they get cables round your place etc. Some can be done wireless. If thay want to get in they will ,but it makes you a harder target.

It was only after we had ours fitted that i noticed how many have been fitted in our street.

oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Newsshopper fella why dont you get your sheet to let people know an area has been hit by scum bags gaining access via UVPC doors etc ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Newsshopper fella why dont you get your sheet to let people know an area has been hit by scum bags gaining access via UVPC doors etc ?

Good shout GH
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fishy the fem copper who turned up at my place was very good , took time etc ---top notch. It was late so she got 2 other coppers to follow up next day. dear God the differance !! they couldnt give a shit, look pissed off that they had to come round. Then the classic "if i see you with that baseball bat in the street your nicked !" me "whats that got 2 do with the burglary ?" Wooden Top " if i see you in the streetwith that bat your nicked " me exploding " ok tell you what f**k off out of my house"
    Cue two wooden tops doing a gold fish impressions as i show em the door. 100 % word for word.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'd heard the thing about the upvc locks, a friend nearby in Falconwood area was burgalled while they were in the same way. You have to double lock them (while you are in the house as well as when you're out!) insane really and a bit of a fire hazard unless you leave the key in the lock (then no one can unlock to get in) or nearby.

I installed a Yale system you can get in BnQ which isn't too bad for about £300 plus for a basic system which rings u up when it goes off, you get some sensors with the basic package and can add more, I think its also zonal so you can stop your pets setting it off to a degree/have only the downstairs on at night times, etc. They are highly configurable and once you get the hang of them not that hard to use.

I also have an IP camera set up that stores video when the movement sensors go off - you need a fixed IP address for you broadband for this. I think the camera was about £99. You can check these over the web and if you set up FTP have the clips sent to a web location.

Both the alarm and the camera are as much a detterent as anything though.
  • Options
    My mum got done a few months ago, same thing with the UPVC Door. They got off with the 42" flat screen the Audi A8 (luckily it had a tracker and was found in 24 hours), £15k worth of diamonds and jewelry. Not good, especially as we'd all been on holiday in Thailand, they stayed out there and I came back to find their house empty...was not the best welcome home i've ever had.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]My mum got done a few months ago, same thing with the UPVC Door. They got off with the 42" flat screen the Audi A8 (luckily it had a tracker and was found in 24 hours), £15k worth of diamonds and jewelry. Not good, especially as we'd all been on holiday in Thailand, they stayed out there and I came back to find their house empty...was not the best welcome home i've ever had.

15k worth of diamonds? assume she has had it all replaced with insurance... whats your address mate?
  • Options
    Yeah the insurance covered it, they had more things that were not found which was lucky really. I don't live with them so my address would be useless to you ;o)!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was thinking same thing Curb-it !!

Red Army is ur mum related to Liz taylor ?

guess she dont live in Kidbrooke ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]was thinking same thing Curb-it !!

Red Army is ur mum related to Liz taylor ?

guess she dont live in Kidbrooke ?

Afraid not, her husband got her a load of bits of jewelry the fool, I only found out how much they were worth because I put the insurance claim in motion and had to find the papers. In my eyes it's a joke! But no not Kidbooke I'm afraid, but Grove Park so hardly the lofty heights of Chislehurst!
  • Options
    Chiselhurst maybe mate but if she lived in bromley now that is posh ! do you know the use diamonds instead of buttons on their cardigans there mate !
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your horrible experiences can only imagine what it must feel like. I shall be mentioning the doors to my parents tonight and give em a bit of a nudge about their keys again.

I really do think they should publicise the areas that have been hit just to make everybody even more aware and cautious. Hope the insurance companies involved pay up quickly too and some of these absolute scum of the earth get caught in the act and strung up by the balls.