Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

St John's Wort...

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Has anyone taken this?...does it work?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    it takes a while to kick in but you will notice the difference after a few weeks.
  • Options
    yeah ive taken it loads of times, its not a miracle pill u cant just take one and feel great but if you take it regulary over a week or two u will start to see results, its not brilliant but i defo felt a lot perkier and happy my doctor reconmneded it after i had some depression.
  • Options
    what is it for
  • Options
    What ledge said
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]what is it for

It is a herb which is supposed to help those who sufferer with depression.
  • Options
    It helps with mild depression women should be careful and consult a doctor prior to taking it, can't quite remember why but I think its best not to take during pregnancy may also affect some contraceptive pills - maybe wrong on that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Has anyone taken this?...does it work?

I know the Gers lost at the weekend but this is a bit extreme, don't you think? ;0 )
  • Options
    Should be compulsory alternative medicine for all Charlton supporters this season.

;o)
  • Options
    And (not so) SUPERKENT.
  • Options
    according to metro is as effective as some anti depressants but less side effects.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey ppl does anyone kknow of anything herbal i can take to help me sleep have had about 9 hrs sleep over the last 3 days - the tv is off at 10 and i cant get to sleep until gone 3! then im up for work at 6 ish Tried calms - failed!
  • Options
    stop coffee and all caffeine, then u can buy them help you to sleep tea bags at most holland and barrets and similar.
  • Options
    change your diet, avoid sugar, eat bigger at lunchtime and small meal in the evening with low salt/sugar.
    make sure your bed is positioned out of a draft, make sure its not too hot or too cold in your room. make sure its free of clutter and move things that remind you of the current days work or next days work are far from you so you dont subconsciously think of them.
    only drink water a few hours before going to bed and when in bed, breathe as deeply as you can.
  • Options
    Niteall , 1 a night ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Hey ppl does anyone kknow of anything herbal i can take to help me sleep have had about 9 hrs sleep over the last 3 days - the tv is off at 10 and i cant get to sleep until gone 3! then im up for work at 6 ish Tried calms - failed!

valaerian as a individual supplement or Nytol or Kalms.

try mail order companies Higher Nature (they have good nutritionalists so you could talk to them for free for advice), Goldshield or Healthspan
  • Options
    have a drink perhaps too but not too much as it can dehydrate you and wake you up, I must admit I watch telly when i can't sleep. If something is bothering you try and confront it if possible it won't go away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]change your diet, avoid sugar, eat bigger at lunchtime and small meal in the evening with low salt/sugar.
    make sure your bed is positioned out of a draft, make sure its not too hot or too cold in your room. make sure its free of clutter and move things that remind you of the current days work or next days work are far from you so you dont subconsciously think of them.
    only drink water a few hours before going to bed and when in bed, breathe as deeply as you can.

See I have changed my diet recently which i could understand for the first night I excercise every day that i can once every two probably and only drink water anywho!
    I spent the whole evening yesterday (bar 1hr that i was in the gym) tidying the bedroom - being 20 it was a mess but it is now spotless!

I will try using some of the meditation i learnt at tai jutsu before i go to bed tonight. thanks for the tips...

p.s what is niteall?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    avoid exercise in the evening too in case that is keeping you awake. I once found a sleeping tablet (can't recall which) actually had me climbing the walls which is odd..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Has anyone taken this?...does it work?

Oh and sorry for nicking your thread!
  • Options
    niteall = Nytol, probably
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Lavender oil in one of them burners can help too... right no more tips..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]avoid exercise in the evening too in case that is keeping you awake.
    I excercise from 6.30-7.30 then eat or 7-8 eating at about 6.

It is only a recent thing so maybe something is bothering me but I don't know what! lol We are strange creatures us humans aren't we!
  • Options
    I often found after playing five aside (until quite recently) I didn't really want much to eat afterwards, just grabbed some carbs an hour or two beforehand, in fact I found I had more energy just having a bannana and some milk
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]niteall = Nytol, probably[/quote]

yes , sorry, I've not taken "Nytol" myself but was told about it by aguy who said its not amiracle drug , but it does let you relax for for acouple of hours ; but as with most "drugs" be careful with it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm sure with a combination of the tips i'll get some sleep tonight!
  • Options
    mate u get used to it. donkeys years have picked my wife up from work after 11 pm get home get to bed at midnight , get to sleep and up at 6/6.30 am , so lucky if a i get 6 hours worth.

over here im not that bothered its 16 hour days, dont seem to much differant.
  • Options
    Get yourself a Mrs who wants to talk to you about how you dont do anything around the house, dont appreciate her etc...

Makes me fall asleep instantly!!
  • Options
    h aha got that but she's beggered off to uni!
  • Options
    I find 8 pints of Stella helps...lol
  • Options
    Skunk super strength