Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FOXES

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
...they're cheeky ain't they? I mean wildlife is supposed to run away when you drive up your road, this afternoon the fox simply yawned stretched and scratched, kept me waiting for ages. Squirrels dash in all directions, cats do suicide runs, pigeons scatter, but the urban fox doesn't give a monkeys. They're also fussy about which bins to raid now, vegetarians get left alone, but all the others get done, next thing you know they'll be identity thieving. I blame the end of the Blackheath and district Hunt, those pesky politicians don't know what they've unleashed.

Comments

• Options
    I've struck a blow back for the rest of the urban populus. 2 killed in the last 2 years at the hands of my front bumper.

Yes they are cheeky fudgers and make horrible noises too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I've struck a blow back for the rest of the urban populus. 2 killed in the last 2 years at the hands of my front bumper.

Yes they are cheeky fudgers and make horrible noises too

Carter you just know the do-gooders are gonna be on your case any minute.
  • Options
    Living in Southampton tell me you haven't wiped out any deer?!

I can feel the backlash coming any second............
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    those bastards don't wait when my jack russell is close behind
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Living in Southampton tell me you haven't wiped out any deer?!

I can feel the backlash coming any second............

I haven't personally but a driver who worked for me hit one on the M3 a few years ago. I have to say it wasn't pretty with blood and guts spread up the front of the van and its head stuck in the radiator.

still love a bit of venison though, especially when its rare. lol
  • Options
    I SAY YOU BOUNDERS

basil_brush_narrowweb__300x422,0.jpg
  • Options
    Bom bom
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]...They're also fussy about which bins to raid now, vegetarians get left alone, but all the others get done.
    Wonder what roast fox would taste like?
  • Options
    Why is this in the Charlton category?? Am I missing something??? :-)
  • Options
    No but Afka and loOkOuT have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not for long...they are on the ball really!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Not for long...they are on the ball really![/quote]
    Wonder how long it'll be before they notice?
  • Options
    They (or Seth? or someone?) have already changed it...
  • Options
    They don't miss a trick do they.
  • Options
    I love foxes.

They taste just like Veal.
  • Options
    Air rifle. Best thing for them. Council wouldn't remove them - so I had to do it myself. They were an absolute menace - attacking the cats, ripping my garden to pieces, pissing all over the gaff, dragging rubbish around and all in broad daylight because nothing was being done to curb it. One night, I sat up until three in the morning, capped two of the little f***ers, did another the night after and the problem went away. Had no real trouble with them since and that was over a year ago now.

They're becoming a serious, serious problem in London - even worse so in the outer boroughs (bordering on Kent, Surrey and Berkshire for definite, but probably all of them)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]nothing was being done to curb it.

I suppose the 'honeymoon' is well and truly over then ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Bom bom

is that the suicide bomber version?
  • Options
    So know leicester are in the mix as well this is all too much!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Not able to agree here sorry, i don't like the thought of these little scavengers getting squashed or shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Air rifle. Best thing for them. Council wouldn't remove them - so I had to do it myself. They were an absolute menace - attacking the cats, ripping my garden to pieces, pissing all over the gaff, dragging rubbish around and all in broad daylight because nothing was being done to curb it. One night, I sat up until three in the morning, capped two of the little f***ers, did another the night after and the problem went away. Had no real trouble with them since and that was over a year ago now.

They're becoming a serious, serious problem in London - even worse so in the outer boroughs (bordering on Kent, Surrey and Berkshire for definite, but probably all of them)

Get a Jack Russel or a staff and you'll never get them again.

My Jacks a nightmare she'd sit in the garden all night waiting for them if we'd let her. Lost count the amount of times she's had rucks with foxes - she might come off worse one day but I can't stop her she hates 'em absolutely hates 'em.
  • Options
    With out getting "Too heavy" the Foxes were here long before "Man" moved out of the cities and started to take "their" land. The same with squirrels ,etc, and now people are moaning about foxes in "our" gardens.
    I think we're the only race on this earth who seems to think that "mankind" and "mankind alone" own/rule/run this planet and any other spiecies should be destroyed.

Sorry, had to get that off me chest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]With out getting "Too heavy" the Foxes were here long before "Man" moved out of the cities and started to take "their" land. The same with squirrels ,etc, and now people are moaning about foxes in "our" gardens.
    I think we're the only race on this earth who seems to think that "mankind" and "mankind alone" own/rule/run this planet and any other spiecies should be destroyed.

Sorry, had to get that off me chest.

Paul, I think we all like to see foxes around, I know I do....but there's simply too many urban foxes around right now and they sure as hell don't remain those cuddly little cubs frollocking in the sunshine for very long.
    There's simply too many Paul....at least in my garden....and they are one hell of a fooking nuisance mate.
    It's man that's attracted them as they are the master scavengers and our throw away society has become their playground...boy do they stink...I was unable to use the garden this summer because of their smell, piss and shyte all over the place.
    One night a few months back they woke me up with their shreeking and I looked out on the lawns to see no fewer than eight(yes eight!) of the fookers...now that's not on mate!
  • Options
    dont mind the foxes. Had a 22 rifle for years, aint got the ammo for it as id be tempted to do "i dont like Mondays " thngy on Tuesday, wednesday, thursday-----reload Friday, saturday off ---- and then finish off anything moving on the Sunday . You have been warned.
  • Options
    Soundas, its simple mate,
    MOVE!!!
    ;-)
  • Options
    I thought this thread was gonna be about Zabeel making an offer for Leicester City.
  • Options
    Why this downer on Leicester fans? That Gary Lineker comes across as a nice chap so shooting him may be a bit harsh.

Willie Thorne however...:)
  • Options
    I hate fox hunting, cruel and pure snobbery. BUT if foxes are a nuisance I see nothing wrong with shooting them.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]With out getting "Too heavy" the Foxes were here long before "Man" moved out of the cities and started to take "their" land. The same with squirrels ,etc, and now people are moaning about foxes in "our" gardens.

Sorry, had to get that off me chest.[/quote]

bang bang ..... Im with you on that one mate....
  • Options
    The only way foxes can flourish is by people leaving rubbish around which in the age of wheelie bins I find quite surprising, or feeding them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1525177.stm

If they are proving a pain use urine to mark your boundaries