Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Cabbie worst job in the country

Comments

• Options

Had a cracking one take me from Euston to Enfield last week weds eve , turned out to be an addick who used to help run the jr reds great stories nice journey home hope he reads on here

Oh my. I'm pretty sure I know who that is, and yes, if it's him he does read on here and we're going on Saturday (as usual) so I'll be winding him up! Been friends for more years than I can remember, top bloke and 'proper' Charlton!

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

7 years a cabbie and still love it. Can’t beat the flexibility of the job. About 50% of my takings are via the mytaxi app (formerly Hailo) and most street hails pay by card, so long gone are the days where you can hide your money from the taxman.

Are you inferring that the whole of the London Black cab trade, is cheating HMRC ! Shock horror !
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I’ve seen a few documentaries online about a London black cab driver and he seems to really enjoy his job. Though I’m not sure how he pays his bills because he always seems to give his rides for free, especially to young ladies......

The new lady is much more professional, better for diversity to have the filmmakers focus on female cabbies
  • Options
    Carter said:

I’ve seen a few documentaries online about a London black cab driver and he seems to really enjoy his job. Though I’m not sure how he pays his bills because he always seems to give his rides for free, especially to young ladies......

The new lady is much more professional, better for diversity to have the filmmakers for us on female cabbies
    I agree

• Options
    edited November 2018

"Eaaast Croydaaaaan please!"
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Had a cracking one take me from Euston to Enfield last week weds eve , turned out to be an addick who used to help run the jr reds great stories nice journey home hope he reads on here

Oh my. I'm pretty sure I know who that is, and yes, if it's him he does read on here and we're going on Saturday (as usual) so I'll be winding him up! Been friends for more years than I can remember, top bloke and 'proper' Charlton!

Then please pass on my regards really enjoyed the journey home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Is it Martin.......if it’s who I think it is he’s been a cabbie for years.....lives somewhere out in the wilds of West London somewhere?
    Used to be a Vice President back in the day.
    Nice fella and an Addick to the core.
  • Options
    If anything, this week's protest has shown how resilient London is when you close a major route. Looking forward to the London Bridge cycle superhighway.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Then please pass on my regards really enjoyed the journey home
    Will do!

• Options

addick05 said:

Is it Martin.......if it’s who I think it is he’s been a cabbie for years.....lives somewhere out in the wilds of West London somewhere?
    Used to be a Vice President back in the day.
    Nice fella and an Addick to the core.
    Don't think so mate. If it's who I think it is he lives in South London.
  • Options
    Like most Londoners I hardly ever use a black cab. So in that respect I'm indifferent to them.
    But the constant attempts by the LTA to stop cycle lanes being developed and the minority of them who bully cyclists on the road change that indifference to seeing them as bad for transport in London.
  • Options

iainment said:

Like most Londoners I hardly ever use a black cab. So in that respect I'm indifferent to them.
    But the constant attempts by the LTA to stop cycle lanes being developed and the minority of them who bully cyclists on the road change that indifference to seeing them as bad for transport in London.

There are a lot of wanker cyclists I see them misbehaving on a near daily basis, you wanna ride your bike fine but abide by the laws of the road, wear a helmet, have some form of insurance, don’t skip red lights, don’t go along in groups of my than 1 in 1 lane traffic, don’t smack people vehicles that nearly hit you when you cut them up, don’t bring your bike on a busy commuter train, for as many asshole cabbies I would estimate there are at x10 of that on two wheels
    shall I give a list of what arsehole drivers do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is an arsehole driver the same as a backdoor burgular?

buggered if I know.
    You've never been rear-ended by one then?
  • Options

iainment said:

There are a lot of wanker cyclists I see them misbehaving on a near daily basis, you wanna ride your bike fine but abide by the laws of the road, wear a helmet, have some form of insurance, don’t skip red lights, don’t go along in groups of my than 1 in 1 lane traffic, don’t smack people vehicles that nearly hit you when you cut them up, don’t bring your bike on a busy commuter train, for as many asshole cabbies I would estimate there are at x10 of that on two wheels
    I don't do any of that.
  • Options
    Or had the offer of sitting on your crossbar.
  • Options

Is an arsehole driver the same as a backdoor burgular?

buggered if I know.
    You've never been rear-ended by one then?
    and on that note. Back to cabs.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

I don't do any of that.
    The irony here is incredible
  • Options
    You could write a decent 'Carry On' movie script with the comments on here today!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    iainment said:

iainment said:

I don't do any of that.
    you personally may not but there are certainly a lot that do, after pompey away last year coming out of waterloo one of the plums went straight through a red light and narrowly missed, a kick to the back wheel was administered and hopefully caused some damage to both him and the bicycle

• Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

I don't do any of that.
    you personally may not but there are certainly a lot that do, after pompey away last year coming out of waterloo one of the plums went straight through a red light and narrowly missed, a kick to the back wheel was administered and hopefully caused some damage to both him and the bicycle

Of course no drivers go through red lights.
    Boasting about assaulting someone, however provoked, hardly puts you on the moral high ground for behaviour on the roads.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

You could write a decent 'Carry On' movie script with the comments on here today!

Coming soon to a cinema near you 'Carry On Charlton LIfe'.

Who wants to be Sid James, Charles Hawtrey, Kenneth Williams, Hattie Jacques?
  • Options
    I use a black cab whenever I can. They have very expensive motors; high regulation and can’t do the job for the same money as Uber.

That said, I prefer to go by the quickest route even if it’s a bit more pricey. Black cab through central London still beats most apps.

Personally I think the location specific badges are a bad idea for black cabs as they remove a key benefit. I don’t want a black cab driver asking me for me postcode.