Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bobby Sands film

Was watching a report about this film re Bobby sands turns out the Yanks didnt like the ending so the twisted history a tad (what a surprise). The hollywood version Buffy The vampire slayer , digs up his body, takes the wooden stake out of his cheast that was put there by the Brits. Bobby is now imortal and rids the world of the evil British. He then goes on to beat the credit crunch, score the winning goal for ROI in the World Cup final, gets Knighted by The Pope, and the films ends with him marring Gerry Adams as they walk off to a green sun set !

PS sorry if i spoilt the end for you.

PSS Bobby is played by the well known Orish actor Brad Pit .

Comments

• Options
    Oooh a must see film then, can't wait :-)

I wonder if they'll get Sean Connery to play an English spy?
  • Options
    Wrong forum?!
  • Options
    I am far too sensible and grown up now to mention chicken supper.
  • Options
    Oh nice

Whats it going to be a scat film like the ones in medders DVD collection?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I am far too sensible and grown up now to mention chicken supper.

Do you think he could wash it down with coke?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I am far too sensible and grown up now to mention chicken supper.

Do you think he could wash it down with coke?
    I hope he doesn't choke.
  • Options
    Pop quiz. The guitarist of which punk band went on Top of the Pops wearing a black arm band the day after Sands died.
  • Options
    Damian O'Neill, Undertones
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Damian O'Neill, Undertones

Did you read that in Uncut this month same as me? Didn't remember seeing/noticing it at the time.

2nd most political act on TOTP after the Special AKA giving black power salutes while singing Free Nelson Mandela
  • Options
    ha ha

any for a Cheeseburger??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Damian O'Neill, Undertones[/quote]

Did you read that in Uncut this month same as me? Didn't remember seeing/noticing it at the time.

2nd most political act on TOTP after the Special AKA giving black power salutes while singing Free Nelson Mandela[/quote]

Haven't bought Uncut yet, but was aware of it, think I read it in a review of the Undertones DVD earlier this year.
  • Options
    don't the weight loss movies normally come out in the new year??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Damian O'Neill, Undertones

2nd most political act on TOTP after the Special AKA giving black power salutes while singing Free Nelson Mandela

Haven't bought Uncut yet, but was aware of it, think I read it in a review of the Undertones DVD earlier this year.

Good article and good cd
  • Options
    Wasn't Bobby Sands originally a Protestant??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Wasn't Bobby Sands originally a Protestant??
    Not the one they're talking about!
  • Options
    Saw a film the other night, 50 Dead Men Walking, true story about IRA supergrass Martin McGartland, in the 80's/90's, still on the run now, he went through some shite I can tell ya.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    No F of Defore, seriously.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Wasn't Bobby Sands originally a Protestant??[/quote]

Dont look like it

Sands was born into a Catholic family[6][7] in Abbots Cross
  • Options
    You have to seperate repulicanism & catholacism
  • Options
    That's easy for you to say!

I've been to Rathcoole where he grew up and was told this by a 'local'

Knowing that area he was probably to scared to be a Catholic!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe be easy to say, but I know some protestants who are politically republican and some catholics are politically loyalist, it does happen.
  • Options
    Wasn't Hitler a Catholic??

*DRAWS LINE UNDER THREAD!

***********************************************************************************************************!
  • Options
    LOL, probably best
  • Options
    yes dont wanna drag Hitlers bolox up again
  • Options

I'm not...

"Would you like a chicken supper Bobby Sands? Would you like a chicken supper Bobby Sands? Would you like a chicken supper, you dirty Fenian fooker?..etc etc
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Wasn't Bobby Sands originally a Protestant??[/quote]

I am usually very reluctant to comment about political stuff but I did used to work there and I think he was from Rathcoole and his family got burnt out before he headed to west Belfast.

And DA9 you are quite right about not assuming anything from peoples religion. I have Catholic relatives and they are fanatical about things like the royal family and staying part of the UK.
  • Options
    I wondered where you were on this thread!
  • Options
    The film sponcer is Slimers Weekly.
  • Options
    On here DA9. I drove up the Falls Road on Wednesday funnily enough and saw all the wall paintings including a massive one of Sands but didn't even know there was a film out about it until I saw this thread.
  • Options
    Went up there & the Shankill many moons ago with a client, both skinhead haircuts sitting in a range rover, couldn't have looked more British soldier if I tried, very dodgy looks and scary moments down the Fools road.