Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bobby Sands film

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've got a skinhead too but that is more to lessen the obviousness of losing my hair!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Wasn't Bobby Sands originally a Protestant??

I am usually very reluctant to comment about political stuff but I did used to work there and I think he was from Rathcoole and his family got burnt out before he headed to west Belfast.

And DA9 you are quite right about not assuming anything from peoples religion. I have Catholic relatives and they are fanatical about things like the royal family and staying part of the UK.

My partner is Irish Catholic, born in Dublin suburbs, her parents have lived here for 30+ years, detest the IRA and love all things British, royalty etc, saying that, equally they would denounce any Loyalist paramilitary group.
  • Options
    Been to the Crumlin Rd several time had some great times till my friends got shot ----dont wanna go there tho dark memories and all that sh*t.

Newshopper how can your scoop magnet paper not know about this film ? so some herbert in a sand dune (5 star one) 3,000 miles awayhas beaten you to the story !!
  • Options
    It wouldn't really be of any interest in Shopperland if I'm being honest Goonerhater. I'm sure if I still worked in Belfast then I would be up on it but that isn't my world anymore and hasn't been for a long time.
  • Options
    Yep DA9 that is probably the same for most people - all violence is wrong end of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Yep DA9 that is probably the same for most people - all violence is wrong end of.

Except when we play palarse of course, then its quite acceptable in my eyes :-)
  • Options
    Is this kind of thread acceptable now then?? Why do some on here constantly bleat on about the same political crap over and over again. The mentality of some on here is the exact reason why so many people have died over the years. Remember the past but MOVE ON!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Pop quiz. The guitarist of which punk band went on Top of the Pops wearing a black arm band the day after Sands died.

Punk? You just do not know anything about music do you?

Next you'll be telling us that Teenage Kicks was the best single ever.