Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robbie Elliot and Scott Wagstaff @ Bromley Addicks - What was said

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Two of our youth team products, and maybe the future of the club, guest at Bromley Addicks on 4th November.

8.00 pm
Bickley and Widmore WMC
Tylney Rd
Bromley
BR1 2SH

Free entry, cheap beer, shiny happy Addicks everywhere.

Bring the kids and get some autographs, find out what gets said in the dressing room at half and full time or just bring a paper and do the crossword.

Comments

• Options
    lol is this the replacement for chappel and the other bloke.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]lol is this the replacement for chappel and the other bloke.

No, but I'm tempted to ring them and ask them to come instead and bump the players until Xmas.

And it's Bob Whitehand
  • Options
    Z
  • Options
    And we've got a signed England shirt with letter of authenticity from the FA to raffle off.
  • Options
    Just bumping this again.
  • Options
    Still on. Feel a bit sorry for the two players and I hope they don't bear the brunt of the frustration of some fans.

Might be an interesting insight to what goes on at the training ground and in the dressing room.
  • Options
    poor guys are probably crapping themselves!

Who would blame them for not wanting to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]poor guys are probably crapping themselves!

Who would blame them for not wanting to go.

Not me. Maybe their manager would like to step in for them.
  • Options
    I think I'm right in saying that neither of them have played for the first team in the league this season.

It may be worth whoever is compere saying something about that during the introductions so that people are reminded not to blame Scott or Robbie for the current state of things...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I think I'm right in saying that neither of them have played for the first team in the league this season.

It may be worth whoever is compere saying something about that during the introductions so that people are reminded not to blame Scott or Robbie for the current state of things...

fair point and I'll remind Ian Wallis who is chairing but most of the people at Bromley meetings are reasonable and won't give them a hard time personally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33160
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    ouch !
  • Options
    Still on and still raffling the England shirt.
  • Options
    Bless the young lads.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What a good night. Smaller than usual turnout unsurprisingly given the current mood but that actually made for a more relaxed and informal atmosphere.

Rob Elliot came over really well, witty, articulate and seemed to really enjoy himself. Said he has to be careful with his weight and he is really a fan. Spoke about watching the team as a kid and how much he admired Deano for his quick feet. Just had a new tattoo done as well for those of you who are into these things.

Scott Wagstaff is younger (18) and did well considering it was his first ever Q and A. Warmed up as he went along and like Rob seemed a well balanced and bright lad. His family come from Yorkshire but he (and Rob) live down in Maidstone where he was born. Scott has a real Estuary English accent

Both said going out on loan was really useful for them both as players and people. Rob moved out of Accrington to Manchester as the night life was better! Scott is looking to go out on loan again soon as he wants to be playing.

When asked Rob said that Matt Holland was a player he admired for his professionlism and because he took it very seriously and was hurt when we lost. Someone told him that Holland gets a lot of credit with fans for clapping them win or lose and Rob said that he'd pass that on to the rest of the team. Scott said Chrissy Powell was the player he most looked up to as he helps all the young players and checked in on them and help them if they had problems. He felt Powell and Kins could both be good managers.

No one asked the pointed question of "what do you think of Pards?" but they seemed to have a lot of time for him and Rob said that the team is more together and in better spirit than when in the Premier.

Said they had a team meeting on Monday to talk through what happened v Barnsley but didn't say what was said.

Rob said it was a Lollipop not a golf ball thrown on the pitch.

It was good to have a night of talking Charlton without doom and gloom, finances, takeovers, mistakes etc. Good to see two young men with their heads screwed on and their feet on the ground. Said that yes they have to be careful with eating and drinking and going out but you can't complain as you are being paid to play football. Rob said that other people sometimes have a negative image of footballers as unintelligent which he finds frustrating.

Most likely other stuff as well that I've forgotten.
  • Options
    Thanks for this. Out of interest what's the closest supporters group to Sanderstead / South Croydon? Is it your lot Henry? Fancy getting involved so thought I'd ask.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Thanks for this. Out of interest what's the closest supporters group to Sanderstead / South Croydon? Is it your lot Henry? Fancy getting involved so thought I'd ask.

Yes, that would be us. All the meetings are annouced on here and in the programme/on OS so just come along.

Don't have to be a member although once you have been to a few meetings you will be morally balckmailed into paying £7 pa to sign up.

If you whisper me an email I'll get you added to out email list so you know about meetings etc.

Next meeting 16 December with Sam Alladyce.
  • Options
    Nice one Henry
  • Options
    Just remembered. Racon is nearly fit.

When asked which player would they have in the side every week (other than themselves) Wagstaff said Racon and Elliot said Semedo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, keep remembering other stuff.

Scott Wagstaff played at full back for the reserves on Monday. First time he had ever played there. When asked he said "the gaffer" decides who plays where in the reserves. When asked he said not Kinsella but Pardew.

"waggy" said he enjoyed it.
  • Options
    When i met scott he said he almost felt weird signing autographs as he was just like anybody else...
  • Options
    Cheers for all this.

Obviously they're on their best behaviour, but still if only we had a teamful of players with attitudes like these lads...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Sorry, keep remembering other stuff.

Scott Wagstaff played at full back for the reserves on Monday. First time he had ever played there. When asked he said "the gaffer" decides who plays where in the reserves. When asked he said not Kinsella but Pardew.

Thanks for the info, Henry. And maybe this shows that Kins is not solely responsible for the reserves also being bottom of the league? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Sorry, keep remembering other stuff.

Thanks for the info, Henry. And maybe this shows that Kins is not solely responsible for the reserves also being bottom of the league? ;-)

LOL Scott did say that last season it was a much more settled reserve side with lots of young players who knew each other.

Scott did also say that the reason loans were better than just playing reserve games was that it was competitive and too often you have a senior pro playing 70 mins to get fit (quite rightly) rather than trying to win the game.
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Cheers for all this.

Obviously they're on their best behaviour, but still if only we had a teamful of players with attitudes like these lads...

Considering they are 22 and 18 and were in front of people much older than them (yes, AFKA, I know!) plus a drunk Richard Redden they did really well.
  • Options
    RR was drunk?? Oh please tell me more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]RR was drunk?? Oh please tell me more

He asked this very long winded question about rotating keepers (you know RR but even worse than normal) and couldn't remember who the other England keeper who was rotated with Shilton.

Said he'd had three pints before he came to the meeting.
  • Options
    thanks for thar HI - sounds like a good night
    what was the tattoo?
  • Options
    Did anyone bring up Rob Elliots odd Facebook status updates?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 2nd Division & Proud[/cite]thanks for thar HI - sounds like a good night
    what was the tattoo?

Big cross in mist on upper right arm with some words about those who have gone living on in our hearts or similar. Told me that he'd lost some people recently and it was to remember them.