Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew not surprised by takeover collapse

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/3786379.Pardew_not_surprised_by_takeover_collapse/

Comments

• Options
    “I think in the next window we might have to have a bit more trimming to be done, so in terms of how we go about that we are going to have to be very careful because we are in a vulnerable position at the minute.”
  • Options
    Newsshopper do u ever have any positive news to put on here.........it s get to a point where i dont even open your links
  • Options
    Not long until we see Elliot in goal, Solly at right back and Wright and Shelvey in CM then ;-)
  • Options
    does pards ever know when to keep his trap shut...
  • Options
    If we need to get bg earners of the wage bill why not start at the top...........
  • Options
    dunno if he should be saying he's known since yesterday morning.
  • Options
    That'll be Ambrose and ZZ gone then.
  • Options
    I'm never quite sure of who Pardew used to manage before us. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Knowing Pardew he'll probably bring in Wagstaff again, and leave out the better youth players we have. Was so desperate for him to do well in pre-season, struggled against Yeovil never mind Bilbao.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Not long until we see Elliot in goal, Solly at right back and Wright and Shelvey in CM then ;-)

Would that be such a bad thing?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    who goes in Jan??

Weaver
    Ambrose
    Hudson
    Sam
    Gray
    Varney
    Toddy

Or to cause complete unrest in the stands:

Shelvey
    Dickson
    Wright
    Arter
    Bailey
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]does pards ever know when to keep his trap shut...

Made me chuckle.

Seems happy in that interview. Probably because he knows his job is safe...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    Shelvey
    Dickson
    Wright
    Arter
    Bailey

More likely some of the first group, and ZZ.

No ones going to pay much for any of the bottom 5 surely? Bailey's not done enough yet, and the others aren't even regulars. They'll be the ones playing more often when we sell some of the first group.

Dean Sinclair? Won't be earning much, but not needed.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I hope the board keeps their nerve in the window, do the fire sale in the summer, if not get rid of Pards right away and get the youth playing now!

ZZ and ambrose will still be on pretty decent money, can deffo see those two going for a mill each, who knows how much wages they take but I doubt it will make a huge dent in the deficit for next summer.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Newsshopper do u ever have any positive news to put on here.........it s get to a point where i dont even open your links[/quote]

Sorry mate - don't shoot the messenger! : )
  • Options
    You have to laugh or you'd slit yer wrists....Alan "No Shit Sherlock" Pardoo is the Iraqi Minister of Information now.

You can be certain that his MAIN MAN GOAL SCORING SENSATION won't be off.

Give me strength.
  • Options
    Pards could have said: I feel for all the fans this must have been quite a ride for them, the players and I are even more comitted to redouble our efforts to turn things around.
  • Options

and ALWAYS has a reference back to West Ham !! that bit really grates with me, it's always about his association with West Ham - why can't he just talk about Charlton Athletic without reminding everyone that he was once at the bleedin' hammers !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]

and ALWAYS has a reference back to West Ham !! that bit really grates with me, it's always about his association with West Ham - why can't he just talk about Charlton Athletic without reminding everyone that he was once at the bleedin' hammers !

it is all part of his spin. he has been through all this before so he knows how to deal with it, therefore any poor results cannot possibly be down to him.
  • Options
    I'm with you Razil. If we're gonna go down, then lets blood the youth, cos its them that we are gonna have to rely on to get us back up again when we have sold everbody else...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair I think you'll find Curbs used to talk about his time at charlton when he was manager at West Ham.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I hope the board keeps their nerve in the window, do the fire sale in the summer, if not get rid of Pards right away and get the youth playing now!

ZZ and ambrose will still be on pretty decent money, can deffo see those two going for a mill each, who knows how much wages they take but I doubt it will make a huge dent in the deficit for next summer.[/quote]

Both are out of contract in the summer, not sure we'd even get £1m for them.
  • Options
    Anyone would think we were in the relegation zone, 7 points off safety with three games to go or something. Jesus!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Newsshopper do u ever have any positive news to put on here.........it s get to a point where i dont even open your links

Sorry mate - don't shoot the messenger! : )

Yeah, how dare you come on here without asking and put up links on stories with a Charlton tilt, who do you think you are, a journo?

:-)
  • Options
    Yeah, how dare you come on here without asking and put up links on stories with a Charlton tilt, who do you think you are, a journo?

:-)[/quote]

Some might say that DA9 : )
  • Options
    Yeah, only some though fella, dont get carried away ;-)
  • Options
    Pardew is a twonk --- not even good enough to be a twat.

He knew the day before --did he ? what a clever chappy. HOW ABOUT FINDING OUT WHY WE ARE SHIT ? do your job .
  • Options
    He's starting to resemble David Walliams' character in Little Britain that kept going on about being Molly Sugden's bridesmaid. Perhaps the song should be "super Mol ,Super Mol, super Molly Sugden" Goonerhater's view of the man is also spot on I might add.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Pardew is a twonk --- not even good enough to be a twat.

He knew the day before --did he ? what a clever chappy. HOW ABOUT FINDING OUT WHY WE ARE SHIT ? do your job .

gh...we're all dissapointed mate but come on.....Pardew is having a very bad time too....I'm fast joining the 'maybe it's time for him to go crowd' but come on be fair to the geezer, it seems he can't even open his mouth these days without being shot down in flames at every word he says.
    I found 'nothing' glaringly wrong or controversial in that article to the point where he deserves a slagging off...yet again!!
  • Options
    The man hasn't delivered any consistency (ever) to what is a good squad for this level. His tactics defy belief, as does his team selection. He has been talking about "turning it around" and putting a run together for how long now? I really think he has to go. He is never going to get us out of this division. We've been moving in entirely the wrong direction since we fell into the championship, and this year was supposed to be a more settled and experienced side, but it's even worse than last year!