Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew not surprised by takeover collapse

2»

Comments

• Options
    maybe he should get the team winning and shut the f**k up. Get his head down and get us winning. he is in a loose loose situation much like his team. Yes he does desrve stick we are in the religation zone..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]maybe he should get the team winning and shut the f**k up. Get his head down and get us winning. he is in a loose loose situation much like his team. Yes he does desrve stick we are in the religation zone..

Not saying that gh...of course he does...I'm simply saying that he's not wrong ALL of the time and in this particular instance I can't see much wrong in that article and as such I don't think that that in itself deserves criticism.
  • Options
    "But now we need to look each other in the eye and get on with business and the business for us in the short term is results." Sounds fair enough to me - he knows that his record at Charlton is nowhere near that at Reading and West Ham - lets see if he can turn it round
  • Options
    I agree with SoundAs.

I'm not so sure I have much faith in Pards anymore.

But, Jeez, the guy can't breathe without people jumping down his throat.
  • Options
    I aint jumping down his throat Oggy its simple i think he is a twonk !
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been said.

Pards has REALLY missed a trick here, as we've seen on this forum fans have turned this around and said "ok, they didn't want to invest in little old charlton, but we've still alive and playing at the Valley, we're still Charlton Athletic, look at how low we've been and look at how we come out fighing"

So all Pards needed to say was the same & maybe "we're now the underdogs, everyone will be waiting to see us fail, but let's show the world that by working hard the good old Charlton way we can turn this around, we have a bunch of players fighting etc. Charlton have been down before so just watch us now etc. "

Instead he moans about transfers going out, he's basically saying "when we go down I'll be able to say, 'I told you so' "

I was so excited about going on Saturday getting behind the team an extra 50% and giving Pards the benefit of the doubt,but he's making it so bloody hard .
  • Options
    the sooner AP is shipped out the better,thats the worst thing about the takeover not happening,we now can't afford to him.We had the 2 year plan scenario last year well we are in the second now and it's getting worse,he is now going to put his faith on the youth which is a hell of a lot of pressure for them coz his signings aint no good.
  • Options
    I propose we start a 'get rid of Pard's' whip?

I'm definately in after this interview. The bloke is a complete prat. To me some of his comments here are a real 2 fingers up to the Board and i know who i would rather keep, the board could really put a smile back on all Charlton fans faces by getting rid.
  • Options
    Read everything today, not posted anything but it was too good to be true.

Lets give the team an extra 50% as Res says above, FECK pards, its the TEAM that matters.
  • Options
    He needs to stop making excuses and just sort it. He started getting them in before the bloody season started, saying he hadn't got the funding he was promised.

It's not the takeover, it's not bad luck, it's not the lack of funds, it's the fact that the manager and players have all under performed and the depressing fact is there seems to be nothing we can do about it.

Dowie got sacked for bad buys and if we could Pardew would probably be in the same boat.

We've got no money and he has wasted 5.5 million on 3 strikers that have scored only 17 goals from 64 (42 sub) appearances that’s not even 1 in 3, and that’s being nice and ignoring subs with them it would be not even be 1 in 5, that’s over £320K a goal.

I would love to see Pardew succeed and I know he's got a tough job meeting the stupid expectations of bouncing straight back, but all I wanted to see was that he was starting to rebuild the team and bring back that 'Charlton mentality' the team use to have and is going to need if we are going to succeed.

But the truth is the attitude and performances of the team seem to be getting worse. What makes it worse is we know they can do it, if they played like they did against Reading every match we would be top 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm speechless.

Just wish he was sometimes, too.
  • Options
    Can someone please translate what APs last paragraph in that interview really means?

“I’m going to change the team a little bit on Saturday and I’m going to change maybe the formula of the way we play because I need to put something in place which is going to get us better results over the season, not just looking short term.”

So presumably the formula he had in place was just to get us some interim short term good results before changing to a season long strategy that would get some worse results.
  • Options
    It is all too evident that Pardew is full of sh**.

That said the reality is that financially, if for no other reason, we are stuck with him so we really do need to try and set our reservations aside and back him with our support.

League one is a real possibility next season if the boo boys get their way and dominate the atmosphere of matches. Even worse we could well swap with Millwall.

So even if we privately consider that Pardew's two year plan is to take us from number one to number three in South London we need to present a united front at the matches.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

League one is a real possibility next season if the boo boys get their way and dominate the atmosphere of matches.
    Is this what we truly want ....?.
  • Options
    Len, welcome back. I will get behind the team all I can, especially when I'm there on a matchday. I'm afraid I'm not going to join in any pro Pardew chanting though, as he is running this club into the ground. The players are better than he can get them to play.
  • Options
    Come on, I can't be arsed to re read the article, so will one of you explain what Pards has done wrong this time.