Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerome Thomas.

Comments

• Options
    Wenger rarely gets it wrong. If he was half the player Thomas thought he was, he could have had a comfortable life at a mid-Premiership club.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Can't for the life of me remember one single occassion when he beat his man, went to the touch line and put in a dangerous cross...winger.....winger my ass!
  • Options
    See my articles in "Anorak............."

Such a waste, he could of been.....
  • Options
    JT=waste of space
  • Options
    Yes he was an excellent signing for a 100 grand. There are plenty of others out there, one off the top of my head was Steve Sidwell.

What peturbed me about Thomas was that when we signed him he was stated by Curbs' to be overweight and not match fit. The guy was 21 and coming from Arsenal where good practice is easily accessible for all. It took him half a season to get match fit. When he did and he was in his best period he'd look a world beater against any team struggling or in the bottom third. He was just another houdini against any top third team. For a hundred grand it was a steel for the first few seasons. As soon as he was on a healthy prem contract things got steadily worst.

So no it wasn't a bad buy. The fact that Curbs' wasn't able to analyse his glaring deficencies and cash in on his undeserved rep was something self evident at WHam. For a man to moan about selling overpaid at best below average prem players like McCartney and Ferdinand showed a lack of cuteness. 6 mill for a nothing full back? Really analyse Thomas' good periods and rarely was he a factor unless we were dominant.
  • Options
    he never lived up to our expectations, but wow - that goal against tottenham. banging.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]he never lived up to our expectations, but wow - that goal against tottenham. banging.

Probably one of the only long range shots he ever had.
  • Options
    Agree that JT rarely lived up to his expectations but I do think his ability to act as an outlet when under pressure has been ignored. He had the best first touch of any player in the team and therfore knocking it to him rarely involved immediate loss of possesion.
  • Options
    Only time i liked him was his first season after that got very lazy and agree with comments said about his shots and goalscoring record
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Only time i liked him was his first season after that got very lazy and agree with comments said about his shots and goalscoring record

Agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see what he does now.

Wouldn't think there'll be too many takers.

Has he got enough cash to retire?
  • Options
    A millionaire for basically doing f*ck all apart from abuse the talent that he was born with - total tosser!
  • Options
    Yea but based on how we were last season i wouldnt turn Jerome Thomas down on a return to the valley if it ment winning some games against the likes on Doncaster ha ha
  • Options
    If you expect that Thomas would pull his weight in division 3, I think you may have a rude awakeing!
  • Options
    They shoot Horses, don't they.......................?
  • Options
    Racing Cars
  • Options
    A could've been a contender type player but he believed his own press. At best he will be a journeyman player from here on in.
  • Options
    I imagine he'll end up at a wigan, or a hull..........otherwise if he wants to remain "darn sarf" then Fulham seem to take our cast-offs.

On his day he could frighten defences, but once they knew that he wouldn't get to the bye-line and that he would always cut back onto his right foot then he is easy to defend against. He doesn't shoot and never enters the penalty area either, but at his age (28 ?) i'm sure he'll find a prem team or at worst a top championship side (WBA)
  • Options
    if only he had got in the box more often before shooting, could have been a totally different player, agree re his crossing tho
  • Options
    If he had half the will that the Donny players showed in both matches against us, then Thomas would be certain of a prem career. The running their forwards did, and the effort their defenders put in put every single player in our squad to shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have probably had the odd England cap as well.
  • Options
    Palace are in for him.......Agent Thomas anyone?
  • Options
    Hope palace do sign him up they'll have:

Ambrose
    McCarthy
    Wright
    and Thomas

That's gotta be a relegation formula!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Hope palace do sign him up they'll have:

Ambrose
    McCarthy
    Wright
    and Thomas

That's gotta be a relegation formula![/quote]

Have we signed Wright then??

Doubt we'll get Thomas in, I can see one of the promoted Premiership teams taking a punt on him even though he does appear vastly overrated...
  • Options
    As I said in the Josh Wright thread, nothings been confirmed with him yet.

Signing one of Ambrose or Thomas might be ok for Palace, but sign both and play them in the same 11 isn't ideal unless you have the right players around them and Warnock gets the best out of them.
  • Options
    Have no interest in Jerome Thomas whatsoever.
  • Options
    I would not want Thomas back, another one of those players that has the potential but never seemed to have the correct work ethic to achieve it fully. Almost David Whyte without his talent, oh if only!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Hope palace do sign him up they'll have:

Ambrose
    McCarthy
    Wright
    and Thomas

That's gotta be a relegation formula!

Doubt we'll get Thomas in, I can see one of the promoted Premiership teams taking a punt on him even though he does appear vastly overrated...
    Not yet but strong links p.s i have no web link just Palace fans who are like some of us "in the know"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    .........but at his age (28 ?) i'm sure he'll find a prem team or at worst a top championship side (WBA)

He's 25. Golfie.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Hope palace do sign him up they'll have:

Ambrose
    McCarthy
    Wright
    and Thomas

That's gotta be a relegation formula![/quote]

Doubt we'll get Thomas in, I can see one of the promoted Premiership teams taking a punt on him even though he does appear vastly overrated...[/quote]Not yet but strong links p.s i have no web link just Palace fans who are like some of us "in the know"[/quote]

Yeah I hadn't heard anything concrete either, thanks though.