Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gus Poyet now avaliable.

Hopefully a possible front runner for our next manager!

Comments

• Options
    Why?
  • Options
    Things are bad, but even we aren't that desperate
  • Options
    What you on about Potter?
  • Options
    Not on my list !
  • Options
    Certainly a most pleasant and likable individual....wouldn't particularly 'rock my boat'....but as we're not looking at this moment in time is it even worth discussing FoD....sorry mate but we aren't in the market for a new manager right now.
  • Options
    No thanks.
  • Options
    No thanks
  • Options
    Don't want or think their will be a change but Tony Adams would be more suited i think.
  • Options
    YEAH DID A GREAT EFFING JOB AT SPURS DIDN'T HE
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Hopefully a possible front runner for our next manager!

PLEASE!!! My head hurts this morning.

Don't need this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Super, Super Al.
    Super, Super Al.
    Super Super Al.
    Super Alan Pardew...............
  • Options
    *Smug face*
  • Options
    fair play to you. Good call.
  • Options
    any manager available the day pardew was let go would have done better than parkinson has
  • Options
    :-)
    Nice one mate....
  • Options
    Don't you hate I told you so posts?

I still think we would have been relegated that season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Don't you hate I told you so posts?
    quote]

Not really. He is quite right to point this out. It's not worth having a discussion board if you can't point out where you've been proved right. It now means that people will listen to Friend or Defoe's judgement on managers somewhat more in future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]any manager available the day pardew was let go would have done better than parkinson has
    Yeah every single manager would have kept us up and if not definitely won promotion last season...
  • Options
    Yep, fair play FoD.

(Makes note to ignore the wisdom of the naysayers who were so confident it would be a disastrous move and are currently wiping egg off their faces)
  • Options
    Did you have a reason for knowing he'd make a good manager, or was it just hope, like suggestions of Di Canio now? I mean everyone knew he coached but not many of us really had any idea just how good a coach he was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh yeah, Brighton are top after 1/4 of the way through the season, why not make Poyet manager of the year and offer him the Liverpool job when Hodgson is sacked?

This time last year we were going like a train, did people then think that made Parkinson some kind of latter day Bill Shankly? Er, not from what I read on here at the time.

This is a LONG season, there is a LONG way to go yet.
  • Options
    They play the best football in the division, that's one of the reasons he's so highly regarded. They may not go up, but they will still play the kind of football we can only dream about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]They play the best football in the division, that's one of the reasons he's so highly regarded. They may not go up, but they will still play the kind of football we can only dream about.

Hmmmm, you are probably right, but we were looking pretty flash ourselves at the start of last season, some of our football in the 2-0 home win over Brentford - especially Sam's goal - was fantastic.

This is a long season and it needs staying power to remain up at the top for the long-haul, look at how we fell away last season for a while and how Leeds almost blew it themselves.

If Brighton are still top at Christmas then it will be a different story but - and I admit that I didn't see the game on Saturday - they can't be that great if a 36 year-old Kish is playing for them, he wouldn't have got near Norwich, Leeds or Millwall's sides last season.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Don't you hate I told you so posts?

Not really. He is quite right to point this out. It's not worth having a discussion board if you can't point out where you've been proved right. It now means that people will listen to Friend or Defoe's judgement on managers somewhat more in future.
    That's the plan! It wasn't a guess, I heard a lot of good things about him and thought he would make a good manager, it's only October so there's a good chance I've got it wrong.

As for our next manager, I'll come back to you on that one! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]any manager available the day pardew was let go would have done better than parkinson has
    Yeah every single manager would have kept us up and if not definitely won promotion last season...

i'm saying pretty much any manager would have made a better fight of that most pathetic of all relegation attempts and that we'd be sitting higher than 14th in league one right here right now ....
    admittedly some may have not got us to 4th last year most would have got us to the play offs and as many as would have failed to get us in the play offs would have have got us promoted(if you know what i mean)

he should never have been appointed cos in doing so we missed out on our greatest chance of championship football by keeping him on when he should have gone with pardew
  • Options
    there people on here who thought reed pardw and parky were the men for the job.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]there people on here who thought reed pardw and parky were the men for the job.....

and the chairman !
  • Options
    Didn't realise anyone ever thought Reed really was the right man for the job, apart from the board for about a month.
  • Options
    there were plenty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Don't want or think their will be a change but Tony Adams would be more suited i think.

Forget the fact that so many of you didn't want Poyet, i am more concerned that Martin thought Tony f-ing Adams was more suitable!!