Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gus Poyet now avaliable.

2»

Comments

• Options
    We all know it'll be Coleman next up if Phil gets the chop/walks
  • Options
    If Coleman was to be next then I'd prefer to keep Parky. Coleman's no better and he talks complete shite. At least Parky generally talks common sense (apart from Saturday).
  • Options
    When Poyet was at Leeds, same time as Dennis Wise was manager, Leeds were flying. Poyet then left Leeds and went to Spurs. Leeds started to do bad, then Wise got the sack, and everyone was saying how Poyet was doing all the work instead of Wise.My dad's a Leeds fan and we always knew Poyet was a good coach and Manager.
    He kept Brighton up last season and has carried that form on from where they left off. Brighton will be right up there at the end of the season, not because they have better players than us and many other teams in this league, however some of them they are top drawer for League one, but it is down to Poyet and how he has that mentality and how he installs that togetherness in the team.
    That's why they'll be up there, that's why his a very good manager and when he leaves Brighton he'll go to a better club and do well again with them, don't be surprised when that happens.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No. No manager would have made a better fight of our relegation. The squad was appallingly imbalanced.

At the time I never wanted Parky. But if the board didn't have hardly any money then no manager would have saved us. We'd have needed significant player investment, in the form of millions in Jan 2009 to stop relegation. Any arguement otherwise is utterly facile, and ignorant of the reality then.

Whilst I'd have thought it better to have got Nigel Adkins then and spent the couple of million plus player's wages, I am not the one dipping into my back pocket. Murray did what he did with a strategy at the time, for Parky to start re-balancing the squad. It was something I disagree with and something I did not see at the time. Poyet would have been able to do nothing wit our relegation year of 2008/9.
  • Options
    No, Im not saying he could of. Noone could of. Parky is the right man for the job and I'm a big fan of his and have been since he got the job too. I was just saying that I think Poyet is a very good manager.
  • Options
    Indeed it seems so. His departure at Leeds saw the good form go. I like his combination of energy and intelligence. I sure as hell think he respects players, but if they don't do it the players will be told and also be not altogether certain of his responses; someone like Megson and Strachan are so bloody obvious in their old school response you know it'll be a tirade or unwitt-y pithy comment.
  • Options
    Some good sense there, Colin. Refreshing to read it.

Read an interesting chapter in a Malcolm Gladwell book the other day, it was all about hindsight and how the human brain busts itself for not seeing something that, in hindsight, was apparently obvious -but it's all an illusion. We make the best judgment calls we can with the details we have at the time. With that in mind, Gladwell would have a field day on this forum.