Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cons Club: British Legion Fundraiser this Saturday

DA9DA9
edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
In memory of the late Duncan Frame, who started these fundraisers himself many years ago.

Saturday 1st November 7:30pm til late

Charlton Conservative Club (Downstairs Hall)
Charlton Church Lane

Raffle prizes include: signed Charlton 1st team shirt, Roberto Duran signed boxing glove, 1 weeks free car hire.

£10 entry, children welcome.

Comments

• who's duncan frame mate

can't make it as I am in dorset this weekend so hope all goes well
  • Big Duncan , old face from many years ago, you would have known him on sight.
  • DA9 will dig out a few books put a package together for raffle.
  • Cheers, will you be in attendance?
  • E
    Whats the Likely hood of a female presence?

I can put a little set together retail value £25.00 ish
  • Left there will be a good few fems about.

E wil be there not sure re footie tho.
  • Will see you there E, few old faces coming
  • Everyone is old now mate. Only reason we do it at the Con Club is there are no steps to worry about geting the zimmer frames up. You can tell DA9`s one it is painted ggold and suade shoes instead of wheels and has a built in mic holder.
  • A female presence......what is it a f*ckin' sèance?
  • GH, you just wished you had as much talent on a mic as me fella.

PS...as you've been away so long in the sand dunes, will you look like Susan Jordan Saturday night amongst our pasty white faces?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]A female presence......what is it a f*ckin' sèance?[/quote]

No just have something more suited to women for the raffle, sorry for the choice of words
  • Cheers D, nice one fella, all greatly received.

There will also be a small donation to a serving soldier who is currently hospitalised in Afghanistan, one of his family members sorted out one of our raffle prizes.
  • E anyc hance i can leave it there before the game dont fancy carrying around to much pink LOL
  • I will be in mate, can always stick it behind the jump..cheers
  • ok Cheers
  • DA9 more of a Belmarsh type tan mate. Found out those sand dunes dont have air con and i dont do none air con these days !
  • Your being spoilt, no sunburn then?
  • Out of Interest, when I've seen the Soldiers serving in the Gulf part of Soccer AM wearing their club shirts Ive never seen one of ours.

Does anyone know serving personnel out there who are Charlton?

(Incidentally judging by the photos 95% of the Army is either Evertonians or Geordies!)
  • there was one of ours on one of the first few soccer ams of the season defo, i remember thinking it was the new shirt and it was impressive it had got there.
  • At Big Ds funeral there was at least one Para in his parade uniform
  • Sponsored links:

• I've always thought if we found out that there were Charlton out there the Club/us could do something positive for em
  • the club do send things out there - quite often. they also provide signed items for other regimental groups, navy, air force, whether they are charlton fans or not
  • Maybe the club should do something with the RA seeing as they are from Woolwich.
  • I was thinking recognition in the programme or free tickets when they on leave?

But maybe their suffering enough already. . . . . .
  • if the club is asked to donate anything to any organisation in the local area for a benefit night or other fund raising purpose, then it would more often than not oblige.
  • Im sure they do Suuuzzzi but the RA have been in Woolwich since 1740 ish --its their home . Maybe CAFC should sort of adopt em.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I was thinking recognition in the programme or free tickets when they on leave?

But maybe their suffering enough already. . . . . .

I'm sure as part of the local community some tickets have been given to those groups already in the past....! I'll check.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Im sure they do Suuuzzzi but the RA have been in Woolwich since 1740 ish --its their home . Maybe CAFC should sort of adopt em.

perhaps, but the clubs chosen charity has been demelza for a while now, and whilst all causes are worthy ones, they do have to make cut-offs somewhere. Every charity request that is made to the club is replied to either by email/letter saying sorry (for those not in the local area) or by helping the local charity with a donation which can be anything. pens, signed teamsheets, shirts, balls, literature, signed photos etc.
  • edited October 2008
    DA9 --couple of things for the raffle

book brand new "Football grounds from the air"
    12 yo bottle of malt

wow spooky im sure there was another gift on here earlier ?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]if the club is asked to donate anything to any organisation in the local area for a benefit night or other fund raising purpose, then it would more often than not oblige.

Someone from the club already has indirectly, but cant name names.