Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs on MOTD

Asked by Adrian Chiles if he'd go back to Charlton, deflected the question and started talking about West Ham instead. Read into that what you like. (I'm taking it as a "no")

Comments

• Options
    I took it that he's still a west ham w*nker
  • Options
    That's a no to an official Would Ya then?
  • Options
    pardew is still the manager,sounds like curbs still has a bit of class about him.
  • Options
    I took it as though he would never talk about another managers job while they are still in there, and rightly so. can't read into it either way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]pardew is still the manager,sounds like curbs still has a bit of class about him.

Didn't see it but would suggest this is spot on..
  • Options
    Did think he looked a little upset when Adrian Chiles said some charlton fans used to say he wasn't the man to take them to the next level - how times have changed quickly
  • Options
    miss him!
  • Options
    After adrian chiles asked him if he would come back to us he said he had some great times at charlton but he also had some great times at west ham.
    He did not dismiss the idea of coming back which he previously did after Dowie got sacked.
  • Options
    I wasn't watching it live and my West Ham mate rang me and his take was that the denial suggested he's coming back.

I Sky +'d it and watched it later. I wasn't sure.

I wonder what would have happened had Jabeel taken over? It was reported that Jabeel wanted Murray to play a part, and with the reported differences between him and Pards, maybe Curbs had been lined up assuming the take over happened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I wasn't watching it live and my West Ham mate rang me and his take was that the denial suggested he's coming back.
    That was the impression I had.

I wasn't too fond of Chiles comment regarding the next level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]pardew is still the manager,sounds like curbs still has a bit of class about him.

That was the way I saw it. When did AC ever commit himself or answer a loaded question?
  • Options
    You know what? (and I'm not ashamed to admit this........)

Sometimes you don't realise how good something is/was until it's gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When did AC ever commit himself or answer a loaded question?

Yeah. Lol!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Sometimes you don't realise how good something is/was until it's gone.

It would be interesting to dig through the old posts here and see who wanted Curbs to go, I for one, heart on hand can honestly say that I knew what we had in him and never wanted him to leave.

However some people here wanted 'sexy football' (it's Charlton FFS) over stability.
  • Options
    Someon needs to be Charlton manager, why can't it be me?
  • Options
    Is it really the job for Curbs ??

Praps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]It would be interesting to dig through the old posts here and see who wanted Curbs to go, I for one, heart on hand can honestly say that I knew what we had in him and never wanted him to leave.

It might be fun but it ain't going to help. He did go, he wanted to go, he felt he had taken things as far as he could, he was probably right.

Would I have him back? Yes no hesitation. He will sort things out and stop the rot. It may not be pretty but he'll stabilise things in a bullshit free way, will stop all this tinkering, knock heads together, and definitely will not win any popularity contests amongst the players. He will make the players play for the shirt, the fans, the directors who have bankrolled this club.

Will he come back though? No, I don't think he will without new investment in the club. He'll want to know that the club has the potential and the resources to fight it's way back to the Prem and a decent chance of kicking on above the level he took us to previously. I think, just a hunch, that Murray had him lined up once the Jabeel deal went through. Now it's possible that there are other investors waiting in the wings but nobody has yet emerged.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]You know what? (and I'm not ashamed to admit this........)

Sometimes you don't realise how good something is/was until it's gone.

So true....
  • Options
    Thing is it's a bit like slagging your Mrs. off for a few years, she finally leaves and then one day when you realise how crap your life turned out and that actually she was quite a good catch you beg her back and say it's ok, I'm a tit, actually your one of the best things to ever happen to me!

Problem is she knows your a tosser and as soon as things start to look bad again your gonna be back on her case again, telling her to pack her bags and leave, that shes useless and you never loved her!

So it's a no go for me, don't think he'd be that stupid!
  • Options
    well said 79 ...he's too good for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DFT used to be the main one for Curb's Out comments over on the old NetAddicks he wanted him out even when he was in his prime and so many of us used to say him......

"Don't it always seem to go.......That you don't know what you've got till it's gone".
  • Options
    "they paved paradise, put up the new West Stand"
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_79[/cite]Thing is it's a bit like slagging your Mrs. off for a few years, she finally leaves and then one day when you realise how crap your life turned out and that actually she was quite a good catch you beg her back and say it's ok, I'm a tit, actually your one of the best things to ever happen to me!

Curbs was also in a happy marriage too remember? It takes two to make the effort and when he went off with that bird he'd been eyeing up for ages it didn't go too well for him either.
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well said 79 ...he's too good for us

Speak for yourself. There's plenty to be proud of about this club, it's just hard to see that given how bad things are on the pitch.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    i think we had been accusing him of eyeing up everything for years despite his endless loyalty and in the end he probably got fed up with constant nagging
  • Options
    I love the fact that this has turned into marriage counselling!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Sometimes you don't realise how good something is/was until it's gone.[/quote]

It would be interesting to dig through the old posts here and see who wanted Curbs to go, I for one, heart on hand can honestly say that I knew what we had in him and never wanted him to leave.[/quote]

I don't really see what that has to do with anything. He wanted to leave and would have done so whether the fans wanted him to or not.

For the record, I have no problem saying that I was pleased when he said he was going. Things had gone stale at the club and it was the right time for him to go.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]I don't really see what that has to do with anything. He wanted to leave and would have done so whether the fans wanted him to or not.

For the record, I have no problem saying that I was pleased when he said he was going. Things had gone stale at the club and it was the right time for him to go.

It has to do alot with everything, at least you can come on here saying that you were pleased when he went.

I remember the time well "Curbs Out" etc. etc. Sometimes you get what you wish for, so I'm just saying that people should really look at themselves if they want Curbs back (he aint coming back). Do they want 'Stale' Premiership football/relegation battle in the Championship/sexy mid table football , etc. etc.

We are in danger of becoming very fickle, starting a petition to get Pardew out on a Forum? We're not Newcastle, Personally I think he lost it a long time ago, but I'm not in a position to sack him and I don't know the in's and out of his contract/what's going on inside the club so I'll leave it to the board.
  • Options
    Curbs has integrity, and he would never say he is up for someone else's job while they are still in it.

I could just about imagine him coming back short term to fill a gap, with big performance bonuses attached. But even in the event Pardew were to depart, I think would be only about a 5% chance of seeing Curbs return.
  • Options
    Hello! First post here.

Saturday was my first home game this year. Pretty awful stuff really - they looked devoid of any confidence. Curbs coming back? Never say never - i would trust him to rescue us - but is it the right move for him and us?

I havent seen enough of the team this year to accurately comment on Pardew. I do wonder whether he has lost out on players/ seen players go - through no fault of his? Can anyone enlighten me on that. I know a lot of Hammers fans thought he wasn't the best tactically....