Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PS3 question

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
Bit of advice please chaps - I want to buy a PS3 game for my brother-in-law and know he loves Call of Duty 4.

But, I have no idea what other FPS (?) games are good.

Just been into Game and am non the wiser.

Far Cry 2?, Bioshock?

It's all a bit confusing.

Some recommedations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    FAr Cry 2 is by all accounts awesome
  • Options
    Call of duty 5 (world at war) comes out in a couple of weeks, it is fantastic.....
    think it is on PS3, comes out for PC in 2 weeks
  • Options
    14th Nov COD WAW release date if that helps.Yeah its on PS3.
  • Options
    Worth waiting for that one then?

Is it as good as Call of Duty 4?
  • Options
    It's made by different company than the on that makes COD4 it's also set during world war 2, so it won't have the modern guns and equipment as cod 4.
    Im going to get it but still a bit sceptical about it being set in World war 2.
  • Options
    FPS = First Person Shooter. You have the person's view and have to kill baddies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Bit of advice please chaps - I want to buy a PS3 game for my brother-in-law and know he loves Call of Duty 4.

Far Cry 2?, Bioshock?

My top 5 Ps3 FPS games (the WaW yet to be released)
    1. COD 4 Modern Warfare - The best FPS i have EVER played even better than goldeneye.
    2.Farcry 2
    3.Fallout ( i love this game there's nothing like blowing the heads off of people with radiation poisoning!)
    4. Bioshock
    5.COD World at War (most anicipated game yet)
  • Options
    Not played Far Cry 2 but meant to be quality. Call of Duty 4 is the absolute nutts though, amazing compared to the previous versions. Best online game I've ever played.

The people who created the first few are doing No5 but it's all using the same game engine so SHOULD be just as good. Just depends whether they can make the plots/graphics, etc up to scratch. Not entirely sure how they can improve on it to be honest. So even though COD: World @ War comes out a week Friday I'd still go for Call of Duty 4. Will be well worth it.
  • Options
    i have got COD world at War on beta for PC and it is very good, as good as COD4 IMO,
  • Options
    Have you played Far Cry 2 Dazzler21?

His bday is before the 14th so I can't get Call of Duty WAW
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's beta?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Have you played Far Cry 2 Dazzler21?

His bday is before the 14th so I can't get Call of Duty WAW

Yes it is a very solid game controls are a bit well bitty after using slick cod controls but it has brilliant graphics and smooth run time, A must get along with Fallout.

I'd say go for FarCry2 you have Malaria! ;o)
  • Options
    beta is like the preview version you can download
    it is/was available from callofduty.com/beta
    takes about 30mins to download it
    there are 1000's of servers running the online games
    just like playing COD4 online but you dont pay for the game!

any COD4 online gamers here? maybe we could have a CAFC clan???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]What's beta?

Beta versions are when the company releases the game to a select amount of people in order to have them play it and point out any bugs or problems so that they can fix them prior to the actual release.

Bioshock is also an FPS with one of the best storylines/settings of any game ever. It's also effing scary. I haven't played Far Cry 2 yet but I'd highly recommend Bioshock.
  • Options
    not anymore traded it in for fifa!
  • Options
    I'm not much of a computer games fan any more but Half-life single player was better than Goldeneye, and as for multiplayer; mario kart, ISS/Fifa and circuit breakers were all better 4 player games than Goldeneye. We used to play with a cattle prod, loser got stung by the winner, good times!

I never understood the big deal about Goldeneye, yeah it was good but not one of the best ever.
  • Options
    Battlefield bad company is good 2
  • Options
    Anyone who wants to start up a fifa Charlton Life fan's league on ps3 add me: my username is my online Tag Dazzler21.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Thats a good idea, id be up for a Charlton Life League, it would probably end up being just you and me Dazzler,
  • Options
    lol true Anyone else want in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ive only got fifa 08, do i need 09 to join the league my id is adam-jo.
  • Options
    Grand Theft and Orange Box for me.
  • Options
    i think you would adam, it was £20 on Play this week i don't think it is anymore tho.
  • Options
    saw it in asda for 24.99 the other day will have to ask the missus for my pocket money ;-)
  • Options
    I have far cry 2 and I must say it is a tad boring and very samey in parts. COD4 is the best game by a mile!

COD4 Birmingham
    Far Cry2 Charlton

enough said
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Bit of advice please chaps - I want to buy a PS3 game for my brother-in-law and know he loves Call of Duty 4.

Far Cry 2?, Bioshock?

My top 5 Ps3 FPS games (the WaW yet to be released)
    1. COD 4 Modern Warfare - The best FPS i have EVER played even better than goldeneye.
    2.Farcry 2
    3.Fallout ( i love this game there's nothing like blowing the heads off of people with radiation poisoning!)
    4. Bioshock
    5.COD World at War (most anicipated game yet)

Better than Goldeneye? You need shooting! No way!!!!!
  • Options
    knew that'd ruffle feathers!
  • Options
    I'm online with COD4 on the PS3. Username is the same as this.

Search & Destroy all the way.
  • Options
    any PC COD4 users?
  • Options
    Gladly join a CAFC clan on COD 4. On Xbox.