Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PS3 question

Comments

• Options
    the best ones
    gta 4
    mercenaries 2
    metalgearsolid 4

my ps3 name is cafc5
  • Options
    FPS's - Killzone 2 is out in Feb next year. I played it recently and it really is something a bit special. PS3's Halo equivalent. Restistance 2 is out next week and is a massive improvement on the last one. The new COD is also great fun, the squad Co-op is really enjoyable. Far Cry 2 i'm not convinced by as yet, wonderful open world to play but have too much other stiff to play at the moment. Bioshock is very good bit Weird in plot, Little sisters anyone?! Can recommend avoiding Brothers in Arms looks really dated already

For something totally different I reccomend Little Big Planet (so far removed from COD though!) the most fun multiplayer game i've ever played ever. Even the Mrs looked interested!

Feel free to add me to PSN friends lists - Onlyonet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cafc #1[/cite]Gladly join a CAFC clan on COD 4. On Xbox.

BOOO!!!

p.s Little big planet is a beautiful game. crisp graphics and easy n fun game!
  • Options
    T, I got Little Big Planet yesterday it is amazing it's already taking up all my free time, have you tried creating your own levels yet?
  • Options
    No, not tried to create anything yet. When you look around and people have made fully working calculators and Gradius levels i'm not sure my creativity would stack up!!

I thought it was lovelly in single player but when a couple of others joined in i spent the whole time giggling. Just a really nice fun game. Just on the mexican section now and will have another play at lunchtime with a few others in the office.
  • Options
    I see that calculator on youtube it's amazing when he hovers his sackboy up the wiring i was shocked the amount of time and effort people put into creating the games. The physics in the game are really clever, i did yesterday get stuck trying to do a jump in the savvanah it took me about 45 mins to figure out how to do it.
  • Options
    T - you mentioned this Big Little thing yesterday but I'm still none the wiser... what's it all about?

As for COD4 - best game ever released. Not sure the next one will be as good - it's the modern part of COD4 that really makes it for me... going back to a spud gun just won't be fun!
  • Options
    The first time I played COD4 I spent more time hiding behind boxes trying not be killed than actually shooting the enemy - that's how lifelike it was! Amazing game.
  • Options
    Essentaily it's just a platform game but just the happiest most fun platform game you'll ever play!

Backstory is LBP is a world of your dreams, Stephen Fry does the voiceover, and it's a customiseable world of your own, your character can take on any look or style you want (mine is currently wearing an Edwardian ruff and a pirate outfit... and of course is pink!) and you go through the story mode playing all these cool levels - it reminds me of those slightly trippy childrens programmes you watched when you were young - like magic roundabout the moomins etc... Simply just pick up everything and get to the end of the level but with real world physics, so skateboards roll as they do in the real world rocks fall etc...

Multiplayer is instantanious so you just plug in a controller and you can play upto 4 players on your own console, The longevity comes from being able to make all your own worlds (levels to play) and download others levels to play. Even my Mrs was interested so your's will love it!

Check out the video - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Taiurn541SE
  • Options
    Can you play Little Big Planet online?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, you can create your own levels and upload them, you can also play other peoples uploaded levels, aswell playing all these levels and the actual game levels with friend online.
  • Options
    been playing COD 5 beta on the xbox360 for a while now , you can only rank up to level 44 , so all the guns will not be unlocked but the game ( using the same engine as COD4 )is just as good as no4. TIP Sell your ps3 because the online play on the 360 is far better. Im in a clan on fifa09 with 2 crystal palace fans , great laugh and good banter.
  • Options
    I owned both on with COD 4 and FIFA 08 funnily enough I sold said Xbox for the PS3 much more fun and some better games...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alan Pardew 21[/cite]I owned both on with COD 4 and FIFA 08 funnily enough I sold said Xbox for the PS3 much more fun and some better games...

And of course the PS3 has Blu-ray...
  • Options
    and you dont have to pay annual online subs
  • Options
    is there a FPS where you sit in the Valley west stand block c?
    even gray could get it on target from there ;-)
  • Options
    Do be serious he'd hit some one in North J Block!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I owned both on with COD 4 and FIFA 08 funnily enough I sold said Xbox for the PS3 much more fun and some better games...

Better games? The only things worth owning on the PS3 that aren't out on the xbox are LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4. And MGS is going to be available on xbox at some point anyway.

Where as on the xbox, you have Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable II, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Gears of War 2, all 90+ games on Metacritic that aren't available on the PS3. Not to mention Xbox Arcade where you can download games made by independent developers, some of which are actually very very good like Braid or Geometry Wars or Rez HD.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I owned both on with COD 4 and FIFA 08 funnily enough I sold said Xbox for the PS3 much more fun and some better games...

Better games? The only things worth owning on the PS3 that aren't out on the xbox are LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4. And MGS is going to be available on xbox at some point anyway.

Where as on the xbox, you have Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable II, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Gears of War 2, all 90+ games on Metacritic that aren't available on the PS3. Not to mention Xbox Arcade where you can download games made by independent developers, some of which are actually very very good like Braid or Geometry Wars or Rez HD.

you can download independant games on ps3 too that are usually good!
  • Options
    Fanboy Wars
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Okay. But my fanboy point still stands! I was always a playstation man but when it came to this year and I saw I could pay £160 and play a massive array of AAA games (as they call them in the industry) or pay £300something and play only two things that I couldn't on the xbox, missing out on all the other goodies, there was no option for me.
  • Options
    TBH there pretty much the same apart from xbox online service is much better but it negated by the fact you have to pay for it.Dazzler right to you can download plenty of Games on the PSstore plenty of old ps/2 games on there and decent new ones.Plus you can buy a digital reciever for your PS3 which mean you can watch and record straight to your Hard Drive which i don't think you can do that with the xbox at the moment.I prefer the PS3 having owned a 360 in the past.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    As i say I just preferred PS3 but I will admit both are very good consoles and i may even buy an Xbox again as it is ony like £129.99 with a game!

That way i'll have the best of both worlds again!

Also where else can you get a top of the range blu ray player with gaming capability and internet browser?
  • Options
    True. As far as I know the PS3 is the cheapest blu-ray player on the market. Can't be bad if it comes with a few games either. But it doesn't have better games! :)
  • Options
    lol no comment!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    When you actually look at it the PS3 is a good value piece of hardware.For around £350 you could have Blu Ray, High spec Games, Internet, Digital Tv Rec, DVD upscaler
  • Options
    Blue Ray for me was a massive factor. I get all my films from love film as Blue Ray now.

Essentially purchaseing decsion is about whether you prefer to play Microsoft or Sony created games as big third party games like GTA and Resident Evil 5 are avaialble on both consoles (as are independent developed arcade games online). 360 is a decent console but online has never interested me, including COD and i really wanted to play Uncharted more than anything else out there so picked up a PS3.

Fable II interests me as loads of people are loving it here, but already played GOW2 which was nice but more of the same although i fancy left 4 dead which is out on the 360 first. But at the moment i don't feel the need to spend more money on another console, as i'm sure that 360 owners feel exactly the same.
  • Options
    Did someone add me as a friend on the PS3 Network recently? Some random request from a CAFC fan...CBCAFC I think the name was, maybe CDCAFC???
  • Options
    COD5 is out today by the way.......jsut decided to buy it!

Hope this afternoon goes quickly!
  • Options
    Is a good game Swisdom, mine turned up early...Good ole Play! Doesn't have the wow factor of 4 though.