Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chocolate Bar of Choice

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Mini quiz (which will be solved in moments).

Desperation
    Pacification
    Expectation
    Acclimation
    Realization

Anybody remember?

Five boys?

• Options
    Star bar and, not sure it technically qualifies but, a tunnocks snowball 
  • Options
    Just done a bit of research, Hershey's bought the American rights to Cadburys to stop it being shipped there. They will file a lawsuit if you try to do it. They make some Cadbury product but it is using American methods.
    Now that Mars have bought Hotel Chocolat (which in my opinion is the best there is!), it'll be interesting to see if they start making the good stuff over there. Presumably if Americans find out what good chocolate is, they will rise up and revolt when it comes to the shite they're used to so Mars will end up losing money!!  
  • Options
    Past - Rowntree’s Cabana Bar
    This was a delicious bar of chocolate that had caramel, coconut, and pieces of cherries all mixed together.

I was devastated when they stopped producing this.

Present - Reese’s Nutrageous,
    This is a Peanut butter and Nut bar of chocolate.packed with loads of nuts all in a caramel sauce.

I first tried this about a month ago. 
    If you like Peanut Butter and Nuts then this is the bar of chocolate to try.
  • Options
    I’m sure there must be good chocolate makers in the U.S. Probably some beardy, plaid wearing types……

It’s just that the mass produced stuff over there is so rank. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    All this talk about confectionery reminds me of when I run a shop up Grove Park, by the BR station.
    Really? You should have said mate. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Mini quiz (which will be solved in moments).

Desperation
    Pacification
    Expectation
    Acclimation
    Realization

Anybody remember?

winner
  • Options
    Just done a bit of research, Hershey's bought the American rights to Cadburys to stop it being shipped there. They will file a lawsuit if you try to do it. They make some Cadbury product but it is using American methods.
    I can confirm, through experience, that American “Cadbury’s”, produced by Hersheys, is not as good as uk Cadbury’s. It is still, however, infinitely better than actual Hersheys.
    if you want proper chocolate in the US, it’s best to buy imported stuff, like Lindt. There are shops that sell imported Cadbury’s too.
  • Options
    Snickers and Caramac.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Mrs likes minstrels and I like a bar of cadburys whole nut 
  • Options
    Wispa Gold.
  • Options
    Present:  Cadbury's Boost.
    Past:  Cadbury's Coconut Boost.

Honourable mentions:  Lion Bar, Cadbury's Crunchie.
  • Options

CADBURY DAIRY MILK MARVELLOUS CREATIONS JELLY POPPING CHOCOLATE CANDY BAR

• Options
    For many years it was Crunchie and Double Decker. However, the McVities Gold Billions Wafer has changed the game so much I'd even call it potentially my first choice now. Trust me here folks
  • Options
    The "it's... it's like a Marathon" from Klopp is just marvellous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:
    The Mrs likes minstrels and I like a bar of cadburys whole nut 
    What did she like before that……when she was pre-minstrel?
    Favoured something snappy 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    For many years it was Crunchie and Double Decker. However, the McVities Gold Billions Wafer has changed the game so much I'd even call it potentially my first choice now. Trust me here folks
    I much preferred the original Double Decker that had raisins in it.
  • Options
    I love dark chocolate Bounty at least I did until the stopped making it. Probably a Cadburys Whole nut now.
    This. On both counts.

Last year I did find Asda selling their own brand of dark chocolate coconut treat bars. After a month or so....gone ! Never to be seem again. Why....???
  • Options
    Muttley hoovered them all up
  • Options
    Starbar is the most underrated chocolate bar. A lot of places don’t even sell it. Stupendous confectionary.
  • Options
    Aldi's Jive Bars are the crack cocaine of the chocolate world. 
  • Options
    Aldi's "Moser Roth" brand white chocolate when kept in the fridge. I dont even like white chocolate much, but that stuff hits the spot.           
  • Options
    Hardly ever eat sweet food but I do like Toblerone, Dime, and Snickers. Must be cold from the fridge with a cup of tea. 
  • Options
    Aldi's Jive Bars are the crack cocaine of the chocolate world. 
    They do a snide version of a Cadburys standard bar of chocolate. VERY nice.