Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guns and Roses

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ok. I'm a convert.

bad start though, missed the first 4-5 songs. Got an email beforehand saying "get there on time for increased security". I thought, sod that, I'm not bothered about the support band. Ended up queuing half hour in the rain to get through a double layer of security. Well, hard to blame anyone in the circumstances.

Inside, despite minimal promotion the grubby shed was full, about 1500 I think. Set list is here if you are interested. A lot I wasn't familiar with but it all roared along at a belting pace, even Slash's 10-12 minute solo. If you didn't know Axel Rose existed you'd say Myles Kennedy is a damn fine vocalist. Crowd a mix of young nutters and grizzly older rockers (a lot of them in CZ). Probably not as mental as you guys are used to, because its harder for band when most of the crowd isn't so fluent in English, they can't roar back the lyrics at you. No chance of finding my friends there, I went to the back and found myself standing next to someone I recognised; the Czech Republic's most intelligent right wing eurosceptic politician! he too was on his own, but he was definitely "on it". Imagine yourself going to a Slash concert in a shed like that in England, and finding yourself next to Michael Gove, obviously running on a line of coke, and you get the picture. Utterly surreal and so very Prague.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Imagine yourself going to a Slash concert in a shed like that in England, and finding yourself next to Michael Gove, obviously running on a line of coke, and you get the picture.

Pass the mind bleach!!

Still I doubt anyone would notice if you gave him a few sly digs in the ribs. Be rude not to!

• Options
    Was a big fan in the late 1980s early 90s. This is still one of the best live sets they've ever done.

http://youtu.be/UIV46m-l-Uk
  • Options

Ok. I'm a convert.

bad start though, missed the first 4-5 songs. Got an email beforehand saying "get there on time for increased security". I thought, sod that, I'm not bothered about the support band. Ended up queuing half hour in the rain to get through a double layer of security. Well, hard to blame anyone in the circumstances.

Inside, despite minimal promotion the grubby shed was full, about 1500 I think. Set list is here if you are interested. A lot I wasn't familiar with but it all roared along at a belting pace, even Slash's 10-12 minute solo. If you didn't know Axel Rose existed you'd say Myles Kennedy is a damn fine vocalist. Crowd a mix of young nutters and grizzly older rockers (a lot of them in CZ). Probably not as mental as you guys are used to, because its harder for band when most of the crowd isn't so fluent in English, they can't roar back the lyrics at you. No chance of finding my friends there, I went to the back and found myself standing next to someone I recognised; the Czech Republic's most intelligent right wing eurosceptic politician! he too was on his own, but he was definitely "on it". Imagine yourself going to a Slash concert in a shed like that in England, and finding yourself next to Michael Gove, obviously running on a line of coke, and you get the picture. Utterly surreal and so very Prague.

I reccomend Nightwish who are playing at the Tipsort arena in Prague in 2 weeks i think, quite theatrical but if you like hard rock you may enjoy.

I think Myles is good but he hasn't got much of a stage presence going from when i have seen him with his other band.
  • Options
    @SamB09 Great tip, thanks, I quite like them. Don't think I can persuade the wife though. Seem to remember reading that the legendary vocalist on their biggest songs has left the band.

The shed where Slash played is right behind the Tipsport Arena. The Tipsport is the ice hockey stadium where Sparta play, and i think the shed (which is laughably called the Incheba Arena) was previously a practice arena for ice hockey.

You'd kind of expect that Slash would play in the bigger arena and Nightwish the smaller one, but in this part of Europe things are never what you expect...

Make you right about Myles
  • Options
    If you've never heard of Myles Kennedy's main band Alterbridge, their Blackbird Album is a classic

http://youtu.be/yrxFLcK-d_U
  • Options

@SamB09 Great tip, thanks, I quite like them. Don't think I can persuade the wife though. Seem to remember reading that the legendary vocalist on their biggest songs has left the band.

The shed where Slash played is right behind the Tipsport Arena. The Tipsport is the ice hockey stadium where Sparta play, and i think the shed (which is laughably called the Incheba Arena) was previously a practice arena for ice hockey.

You'd kind of expect that Slash would play in the bigger arena and Nightwish the smaller one, but in this part of Europe things are never what you expect...

Make you right about Myles

The new singer is very good, check out some youtube videos with her. They are popular and much more known in mainland Europe, i think most, if not all of the venues are arenas on their tour.Seeing them at Wembley in a few weeks, should be good.
  • Options
    Where have I been? I never knew this actually happened

http://youtu.be/bJmK73ghX4M
  • Options
    They sound pretty good to be fair

http://youtu.be/S0D64-ykxmM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They sound very good. Axl has lost quite a bit of weight and got his voice back on track
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I'm just waiting for Henry to come along and hijack this thread again.

Any advance on 7 posts?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

I'm just waiting for Henry to come along and hijack this thread again.

Any advance on 7 posts?
    A lot can change in 8 years. I reckon he listens to 'Appetite For Destruction' at least twice before each match day protest.