Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quorn and Vegetarians

Comments

• Options
    how do u know that vegtables dont have feelings ?

insulting ? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    1. Vegetables don't have feelings

2. Vegetarians only suffer from a lack of protein if they don't eat protein (sounds obvious but then that just shows how stupid you sound).

Sorry if that sounds insulting but then so are you.

What about vitamin B12? I think that's the one that only comes in meat, and that veggies have to take a supplement if they want to stay healthy.
  • Options
    Marmite, has B12.
    Humans will eat almost anything put in front of them and most stay relatively healthy.
    I'm a veggie because I don’t like meat and never have done. I think I was the only one in my junior school (1960/70s)
    Each to his own, if meat eaters like munching on fillet steak, Dover sole or pigs nuts that’s OK by me.
  • Options
    I'm a Veggie;
    Have been since I was 18 (28 years ago).
    Not for the "health-kick" but because i think killing animals is wrong.
    Haven't (knowingly) eaten any fish or meat since then- except for aplate of cockels at Blackpool last year. Sorry !
  • Options
    This has been the best thread on here

started all sensible then fell to my level (cheers GH) followed up with some great counter arguing and ends up in a nah nah nah nah nah scenerio

why cant life always be some humourous or should that be houmus

keep it up you veggie eating nutters and you carnivour eating crazy cats
  • Options
    Its always houmus in my world.
  • Options
    Vegeterians lead boring lives, wear wooly jumpers (even in the summer), round spectacles and sandals with beige calf length socks...most of them have beards and that's just the women!!!!.......Ducks and waits for hail of bricks.... that's assuming they've got enough strength to throw them!!!
    Funnily enough I'm going to Simpsons on The Strand today for Sunday lunch....Simpsons,the home of roast beef...Mmmmmm can't wait!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]I'm a Veggie;
    Have been since I was 18 (28 years ago).
    Not for the "health-kick" but because i think killing animals is wrong.
    Haven't (knowingly) eaten any fish or meat since then- except for aplate of cockels at Blackpool last year. Sorry !

Hypocryte!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Vegeterians lead boring lives, wear wooly jumpers (even in the summer), round spectacles and sandals with beige calf length socks...most of them have beards and that's just the women!!!!.......Ducks and waits for hail of bricks.... that's assuming they've got enough strength to throw them!!!
    Funnily enough I'm going to Simpsons on The Strand today for Sunday lunch....Simpsons,the home of roast beef...Mmmmmm can't wait!

Meat eaters are evil they will even eat their first born rather than go for the healthy option of salad.
  • Options
    I like kids but couldn't eat a whole one...not even with a side salad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    luv it keep it going
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I like kids but couldn't eat a whole one...not even with a side salad!

Family pet?
  • Options
    I have eaten a sausage dog (Dacshound) in Berlin...it was about 20 years ago mind you.
    I intend to eat half a cow this arvo mind you!!
  • Options
    ...as a boring fact, scuse me while I find me glasses in me beard so as I can hitch up my socks to my knees, yeah, as a boring fact...there is no amenio acid, vitamin or any essential nutrient that you can only get in meat....soya provides the stuff people often quote as only getting from meat.
    Carnivores have smellier farts...fact, mind you that may well be a 'good thing' as us veggies don't have that particular weapon to hand, opps I mean to arse.
  • Options
    Serve on (preferably nutty brown rice, but I always mess up cooking it!))

Try cooking rice with a bit of olive oil - that prevents it from sticking and not cooking properly.
  • Options
    Don't give me all that sceintific crap...cut it, stick on yer fork shove it in yer gob chew, savour every bite and swallow....fart away to yer hearts content later if that's what grabs yer...I'm gonna clear the railway carriage on my way home if I can and the more vegetarians there are in the carriage looking down and holding their noses at me the better!
  • Options
    can you imagine the disgust of the veggies having to inhale digested animal flesh gas, i spose there could not be a worse smell for them never looked at it that way i might just fill myself up on steak and head of to the local vegie society and drop a few bombs
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    went out witha vegan once. Nice girl but she really wouldnt touch meat so that was that ! tried telling her close ur eyes think large gherkin , but she wouldnt have it !!!!!
  • Options
    blinding gh
  • Options
    Rather than talking about quorn and vegetarians, how about lesbian and their toys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Cucumbers

Dont have much vitamin value
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Insects are they meat ? do they have feelings ?

Malang Da if your offered one in Thailand the clue is MALANG , which means insect. Malang Da are water beetles the size of a small saucer ! They eat f**k off huge fried spiders in Cambodia and grass hppers in many countries.

Is it against the" Vegie UN Charter" not to eat insects as the have a face !

ate a few insects , mostly when i was a yoof on a bike (nice girl) with out a crash helmet (me not her). Wasps are ok give you a bit of a buzz !
  • Options
    "Soundas", quote 38.
    You sure your not looking in the mirror when writing that cr*p ?
  • Options
    Bacon sarnies cooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ON the Vegie world beat it ! tofu on dried bread emm emmm
  • Options
    We've opened a can of worms here (for the carnivores of course), cos i am suprised there are so many vegetarians on this little list, and it seems to have got the sneerers excited!
  • Options
    I think there are soooooo-many Veggies at Charlton because if the wonderful choices of food they serve in their delicious food outlets.

(Think I'm still p*ssed).
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]IWhat about vitamin B12? I think that's the one that only comes in meat, and that veggies have to take a supplement if they want to stay healthy.

Again, another ignorant statement on this annoyingly ignorant thread. Vegans need B12 supplements not vegetarians.

http://www.vegsoc.org/info/b12.html
  • Options
    Can't beat the bacon or sausages from piggy wiggy or steak (the only cut of cow i like) or chicken or turkey or duck or prawns or cod!

But i do eat quorn sausages and quorn mince not forgetting the tofu in olive oil and pesto...
    I am what i am...

A carnivore hence the sharpened incisors in my mouth!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Can't beat the bacon or sausages from piggy wiggy or steak (the only cut of cow i like) or chicken or turkey or duck or prawns or cod!

But i do eat quorn sausages and quorn mince not forgetting the tofu in olive oil and pesto...
    I am what i am...

A carnivore hence the sharpened incisors in my mouth!

Chicken = KFC = dole food.

Lentils
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    All joking aside.....Sunday lunch at Simpsons was a truley great experience.
    And believe it or not they actually had a veggie selection or two on the menu.
    I had a Haddock (Addick) omelette for a starter...scrumptious it was too!