Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quorn and Vegetarians

13»

Comments

• Options
    a great place for quality vegi food

And next door there is possibly on of the best (italian i think)deli's where you can get sublime ham carved off the bone just to fix the meat crave.

Seriously- just a coffee and some of their cheesecake in this place is an amazing snack
  • Options
    S£ try this.

small ceasers salad
    smoked hadock on top
    poached egg on top

top gear fella takes less than 10 mins.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]a great place for quality vegi food

And next door there is possibly on of the best (italian i think)deli's where you can get sublime ham carved off the bone just to fix the meat crave.

Seriously- just a coffee and some of their cheesecake in this place is an amazing snack

Just down the road from Mildred's, on the corner of Beak St. is a chinese buffet, all veggie.
  • Options
    There is a place called 'Beatroots' in either Berwick Street or Peters Street which is a good veggie/vegan place where you can have some of everything they do all piled in different sized boxes.....very very affordable, nutritious, and plays groovy old blues (Muddy Waters et al) while you're in there....good lunch take away if you work nearby.
  • Options
    I know both well- great cheap eateries- Frequented by many a musician between shows as well if you are there early evening, especially saturday ( good post match nosh as well....)
  • Options
    And just opposite is Bodeans where you can eat loads of fantasic BBQ meat - the baked beans are amazing and have bits of pork in them. :-)

The Mrs is a veggie and i reguarly eat the Quorn mince, Sheppards pies, Chilli or Pasta. I do however draw the line at anything bigger than the mince that not because i'm some hardened meat eater but beacuase it tastes bloody horrible with a metalic tang to it! She also eats veggie bacon that looks like cardboard...
  • Options
    My wife is vegetarian and I dont mind the mince and quorn pieces, especially if I am trying to lose weight.

Some of the Quorn stuff is ridiculous though, Quorn Pork Pies...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]There is a place called 'Beatroots' in either Berwick Street or Peters Street which is a good veggie/vegan place where you can have some of everything they do all piled in different sized boxes.....very very affordable, nutritious, and plays groovy old blues (Muddy Waters et al) while you're in there....good lunch take away if you work nearby.[/quote]

it is decent in there, cheap and cheerful,the brazililan veggie place in neals yard is great as well, as is http://www.redveg.com/ at the oxford st end of dean st
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If Soundasa£ got "mad cow disease" could anyone tell the difference ?
  • Options
    and I hope he behaved himself on the train home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]If Soundasa£ got "mad cow disease" could anyone tell the difference ?

Oi....Mooooooooooo...Parp Parp....Moooooooooo....Parp Parp....Parp Parp....Moooooooooo!!
  • Options
    Soundsas, if your ar*e makes that kind of noise I'm glad you sit in the West stand !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]a great place for quality vegi food

I tried to have a meal in Mildreds last night. The place was rammed.
    I will have to go midweek.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Chicken = KFC = dole food.

Lentils

KFC? hate it I'm a Nando's man!
  • Options
    the xtra hot sauce is amazing....
  • Options
    Posh KFC
  • Options
    Ok well at least it's not the dole ;o)
  • Options
    Actually Nandos cant be bad, they are always full. Just not my thing.
  • Options
    what Chicken?

What do you prefer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]what Chicken?

What do you prefer?

I'm a veggie mate. You wont find me in chicken or steak eateries.
    I havnt got a problem with meat eaters, most of the world are. I just dont like meat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not Veggie but YUMMY..