Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for QPR

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Elliot

Solly
Hudson
Fortune
Basey

Gillespie
Wright
Racon
Varney

Helgusson
Waghorn

Subs:
Weaver
Primus
Boazza (sp?)
Dickson
Bailey

Comments

• Options
    That team would have such a great understanding between them!
  • Options
    Weaver

Semedo
    Hudson
    Fortune
    Basey

Gillespie
    Bailey
    anyone but Holland.
    Bouazza

Helgusson
    Waghorn
  • Options
    __________________________________Weaver__________________________________

Moo2 _________________Hudson___________________Primus_________________Basey

__________________________________Semedo__________________________________

Gillespie_________________Holland_________________Racon_________________Bouazza

__________________________________Gray/Helguson__________________________________
  • Options
    Wouldn't drop Bailey
  • Options
    Weaver

Moo2
    Hudson
    Fortune
    Basey

Bouazza
    Racon
    Bailey
    Semedo
    Gillespie

Gray/Helguson
  • Options
    Tough one Rothers but I think ever since his injury and mistake to gift the goal he just hasnt been the same. Honeymoon period is well and truly over - a lot of endeavour and work rate but misplaced passses and mistimed tackles and becoming far too common (as a result of him trying too hard).

I'd rather have Holland who although does not fling himself about usually keeps the ball, knows when to dive into a tackle etc. We need that composure.
  • Options
    Dogs of war time for me G, so I'll take Holland out, his legs aren't there for the battle
  • Options
    Weaver

Moots
    Hudson
    Fortune
    Cranie

Semedo
    Bailey
    Gillespie
    Buzz

Helguson
    Waghorn

Subs

Holland
    Shelvey
    Toddy
    Solly
    Elliot
  • Options
    Weaver

Moo2
    Hudson
    Primus
    Basey

Semedo
    Bailey
    Holland
    Gillespie
    Bouazza

Helguson/Gray
  • Options
    SE7SE7
    edited November 2008

_________________________Varney______________Gray__________________________________

Would't chuck Helguson straight in, I would consider Waggy before him, thought he looked useful on saturday, and gray with his hold up play and Varney providing the speed seems better than 2 rather old and not so quick strickers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only five loans allowed in the 15.
  • Options
    Henry - can you explain the loan system rules please?

;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Henry - can you explain the loan system rules please?

;-)[/quote]

since you asked ; - )

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=141
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Still haven't seen any Helguson confirmation yet - or have I missed something?

If he is arriving he will be our sixth loanee. I confess I didn't know you could only have five of them in the match day squad. Objectively, I think even that's too many - I'd say it should be max. three. But what's objectivity got to do with anything ? I'd love to see Gillespie and Helguson out there tomorrow night, as I reckon they're both fighters.
  • Options
    I wouldnt play Varney upfront again until he has set the world alight in the Ressies he is toilet as a striker absolute shit so out of form and lacking in confidence that i would seriously consider letting him go in January.

Gray we should not play until mentally he is 100%

our problem is not just at the back but very much so upfront and those 2 have to shoulder that blame

pardews biggest mistake was buying Gray and percivering with Varney this season

Those that say he is like nelse are being very disrespectful to Nelse
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Pete Tong's got the right blend.

Weaver
    Semedo
    Hudson
    Fortune
    Basey
    Gillespie
    Bailey
    anyone but Holland.
    Bouazza
    Helgusson
    Waghorn

Maybe bring in Racon for Waghorn and Moo2 for Semedo if you want to play Jose in midfield instead of Holland.
  • Options
    Personally I don't think these loan signings are the answer.

Too many loan signings were a big part of the problem last season when we threw away a golden chance of a play-off spot.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Weaver

Moo2
    Hudson
    Primus
    Basey---

---Gillespie----Semedo
    Bailey
    Racon----Bouazza----

Helguson???/Gray

Subs: Waghorn, Varney, Holland, Elliot, Fortune??/Cranie
  • Options
    Weaver (you don't become a bad player overnight)

Moo2
    Hudson
    Fortune (if fit enough Primus if not)
    Youga (new regime: put an arm round him and tell him to go and do his best. He has all the equipment to be a decent player at this level)

Semedo

Sam (purely because he links well with Moo2)
    Bailey (Close run thing with Racon but he seems to care and that is what we need)
    Holland (gave his all on Saturday. Not his biggest fan but he cares and that is what we need)
    Bouazza

Gray

Subs:

Elliott
    Primus
    Gillespie
    Varney
    Todorov
  • Options
    If Helguson does arrive, in the light of Henry's welcome instruction on the rules governing loanees, shouldn't we be planning to send one of them back?

When money is so tight, what's the point of paying wages to six of them when every game at least one of them is going to have to watch not even from the bench but from the stand?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Weaver (you don't become a bad player overnight)

Moo2
    Hudson
    Fortune (if fit enough Primus if not)
    Youga (new regime: put an arm round him and tell him to go and do his best. He has all the equipment to be a decent player at this level)

Semedo

Sam (purely because he links well with Moo2)
    Bailey (Close run thing with Racon but he seems to care and that is what we need)
    Holland (gave his all on Saturday. Not his biggest fan but he cares and that is what we need)
    Bouazza

Gray

Apart from Fortune (who isn't fit enough yet), isn't that the team that got mullered on Saturday?!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yes it is.

Hopefully though a "clean slate" approach (eg Youga) combined with a strong pep talk from Parkinson will bring out a bit of pride that they want to put things right.

This is not a time to play the youngsters, the negativity will destroy them so we don't really have much choice in reality as to whom we select.

In a funny sort of way I thought we were better than we were against Barnsley even though we conceded 5 goals so I'd give them one more go.

I should have added that Helguson would come in for Gray if he arrives. I think Gray is distracted by his personal problems and isn't really mobile enough in a 4-5-1.
  • Options

_________________________Varney______________Helguson__________________________________

Would't chuck Gray back in, I would put Dicko or Waggy before him so he can chillax with the family.
  • Options
    Mine...

Weaver
    Semedo
    Hudson
    primus
    Basey

Racon (Holding)
    Bailey (probing)

Gillespie
    Bouazza

Helguson
    Waghorn
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Mine...

Weaver
    Semedo
    Hudson
    primus
    Basey

Racon (Holding)
    Bailey (probing)

Gillespie
    Bouazza

Helguson
    Waghorn

I am liking that only I think Racon and Bailey's roles are reversed. Maybe Shelvey in the hole instead of Waghorn but the Mackem did OK on Saturday IMHO.
  • Options
    Mine:

Elliot

Moots
    Fortune
    Hudson
    Basey

Gillespie
    Bailey
    Racon
    Bouazza

Waghorn
    Helguson

Subs: Weaver, Primus, Holland, Sam, Todorov
  • Options
    __________________________________Elliot__________________________________

Moo2 _________________Hudson___________________Primus_________________Semedo

__________________________________Bailey_____________________________________

________________________________Helgson/Waghorn__________________________________

Subs:
    Weaver
    Basey
    Sam
    Toddy
    Dickson/waghorn
  • Options
    In 28 comments, only one person had Cranie in their team. Should we send him back? Discuss...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]In 28 comments, only one person had Cranie in their team. Should we send him back? Discuss...

make a new thread then!
  • Options
    nope i am just right you lot are all wrong :-)