Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who would stop going to games/support another side if....

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
we dropped another league?

I would continue to go as i have been for the past 15/16 years.

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    been done before and apart from a few who said they'd go and watch dartford, most said they'd stick with charlton - and rightly so!
  • Options
    Charlton till i die
  • Options
    not worth discussing fella as the thought of supporting anyone else is an alien concept, regardless of where we are.
  • Options
    I've watched us in the 3rd division before in the seventies and early eighties so it is nothing new.

I had hoped we would be good enough to avoid it again in my lifetime at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]been done before and apart from a few who said they'd go and watch dartford, most said they'd stick with charlton - and rightly so!

Sorry didn't know
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]not worth discussing fella as the thought of supporting anyone else is an alien concept, regardless of where we are.

Goodman like the attitude there!

Same to you shirty
  • Options
    Support another team!?!?!?!?

Not a chance, I wouldn't even comprehend supporting another team if we went bust. CTID.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It's actually not a bad point Dazzler.

I couldn't even dream of supporting anyone else - even though my mum's fella is trying to get me to White Hart Lane and is threatening to buy me a Spurs shirt for Christmas.

But I wonder how many of the plastics would stick around for League 1 football.
    The ones who have only know Premiership football.
  • Options
    No way, at least there'll be a few more new grounds to visit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]But I wonder how many of the plastics would stick around for League 1 football.
    The ones who have only know Premiership football.

I'm a relative new comer to Charlton, I got my first season ticket when we were in the Premiership.

But now I'll stick by them even if we end up playing non-league football.

Sometimes "plastics" can become hooked and become life long fans.

It happened to me anyway.
  • Options
    i think people on here are prober charlton and would follow them whatever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton

It's a life sentence. End of.
  • Options
    It's in the blood so no question. Been through bad, terrible and good in almost 40 years.

Doubt I'd buy a Season Tkt though, and realistically would probably play a bit more golf on a sat.

Anyway keep the faith, we won't go down.
  • Options
    If we dropped another league???? I'm considering not bothering now!!!! That 2hr journey home on Sat was the longest of my life, especially with two Sheff Utd in the car. Although the news when I got home cheered up me somewhat. I'd never support another club, but my attendance for games would drop.
  • Options
    How could anyone ever start supporting another team???

Not go anymore maybe, but supporting someone else is a bit ridiculous, unless you are a Tory MP or write a shit column in The Sun maybe.
  • Options
    Even if we were in the Kent senior league i would still follow the addicks.. with work i have been given tickets for the gunners and spurs and chelsea as long as it never classes with the valley there is no harm in a bit of corprate hospitatiality and i always have my cafc pin on my jacket just so everone knows... ;-) Would be good in a way to drop down down and get rid of the plastics, but sadly we have a premiere league stadium and could not keep it going with crowds of 5000 like the old days.League one would mean adminstration and all that comes with it, we could end up like oxford.
  • Options
    Even if we went bust, would not go anywhere in the pro league in England, Glasgow Rangers a few times a season and a few more England games than I do now, and the odd visit to Dartford/Ebbsfleet as long as they remained at current levels or big cup matches.
  • Options
    Everyone always says they will follow through thick or thin, however attendances prove otherwise, and will continue to do so next season.
  • Options
    I would still be at the Valley but would decide on my season ticket when I know the prices. TBH it may become easier for me to buy game by game with my children starting to show an interest
  • Options
    No.

We've been there before in the 70's and early 80's.

Never stopped me watching us get dicked at Aldershit and Halifax.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Everyone always says they will follow through thick or thin, however attendances prove otherwise, and will continue to do so next season.

Thought u said we had to be positive!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Arsenal or Chelsea, can't make my mind up yet

;-)
  • Options
    Stop going / support another team? - Not a chance - Division 3 (again) - bring it on (but only if we have to ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 2nd Division & Proud[/cite]Stop going / support another team? - Not a chance - Division 3 (again) - bring it on (but only if we have to ;)

So you'll change your username to 3rd Division & Proud .....?

;o)
  • Options
    I'll still go even if we did go down,new grounds,1st round of the FA cup and the Johnsons Paint Trophy to look forward to :)
  • Options
    Things are grim for us but they could be worse.

Margate face going into administration which will mean a 10 point deduction for a struggling side and almost certain relegation to Ryman South which could well be the final death knell. Scarborough went a year or so back.

Rochdale have played 4th division football for 35 years.
  • Options
    No. IF and IF we go down I'll be happy watching CAFC against the minows of Hartlepool and Yeovil. I know this may sound strange but despite the league position we are in I'm still enjoying it. And IF we manage to pull out of the relegation zone, it makes for a much better season than last having been in the play offs for most of the season only to see the side slip in the last few months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 2nd Division & Proud[/cite]Stop going / support another team? - Not a chance - Division 3 (again) - bring it on (but only if we have to ;)

So you'll change your username to3rd Division & Proud.....?

;o)

afraid so oggy - change my blog / user name / bank account - maybe even my pants :(
  • Options
    It would be too far from The Rose Of Denmark to go anywhere else.
  • Options
    Diehards will in the main say one thing, but the actuality is that around 7,000 to 10,000 fans would disappear..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Charlton till i die

What he said!