Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who would stop going to games/support another side if....

13»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But your not a plastic, Chigs.
    You've done it the hard way, like most of us on here.[/quote]

Thanks Oggy. I have mate like others remember the 79/80 season - 22 points (2 pts for a win), 78 goals conceded.

Is Semedo worse than Garry Churchouse
    Is Hudson worse than Tony Hazell
    Is Fortune worse than Peter Shaw
    Is Bouazza worse than Richard Wilson
    Is Varney worse than Leroy Ambrose

It doesn't mean jack, but it's hard to take.
  • Options
    That's why last night's support impressed me so much. I walked in thinking less than 1k to QPR is as embarrassing as it can get, but then 90 mins later after virtually everyone stood, consistently sang and got behind the team, i realised i'd MUCH rather that than selling out the stand and having to sit surrounded by moaners and mutes.
  • Options
    I remember 79/80. First win of the season was end of Sept. Think we won five before Christmas, but then only one more game and were one of the first in the whole league to be relegated - at Easter, I believe, but I also think Easter was early that year!

So far this season we have won four...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]That's why last night's support impressed me so much. I walked in thinking less than 1k to QPR is as embarrassing as it can get, but then 90 mins later after virtually everyone stood, consistently sang and got behind the team, i realised i'd MUCH rather that than selling out the stand and having to sit surrounded by moaners and mutes.[/quote]

Agree.
  • Options
    Have been through 6 previous relegations and my dad and grandfather helped dig the Valley out so not much chance of any change in our house: the very thought of anyone seriously considering changing allegencies because of the various calamities that only Charlton could manage over the last couple of years does not realise what supporting them means.What goes around comes around: it's all part of Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Have been to 70 plus grounds and only 11 those were in the premiership, I watched us on the way up and should it happen I'll us on the way down. Charlton's for life not just the Premiership ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But your not a plastic, Chigs.
    You've done it the hard way, like most of us on here.

Thanks Oggy. I have mate like others remember the 79/80 season - 22 points (2 pts for a win), 78 goals conceded.

Strangely that post has cheered me up.

We have got better players now and with the right management /coaching they should be capable of finishing 4th from bottom or better shouldn't they?
  • Options
    never charlton till i die i love my club f k pardew ,dowie etc .this is my club i support the badge ,plus gets me out the house on a saturday av a few beers love it .
  • Options
    'Is Bouazza worse than richard wilson'

I dont belive it...
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Have been through 6 previous relegations and my dad and grandfather helped dig the Valley out so not much chance of any change in our house: the very thought of anyone seriously considering changing allegencies because of the various calamities that only Charlton could manage over the last couple of years does not realise what supporting them means.What goes around comes around: it's all part of Charlton Life.

6 relegations ..... that's interesting M51, I never thought to add them up before.
    I've witnessed 5, so I guess you're a little older than me:
    71/72
    79/80
    89/90
    98/99
    06/07

But to balance that out, I've witnessed 5 promotions including 2 to the top flight - who would have thought we'd ever be promoted back to our, erm ..'rightful place' in the top-flight, which people were always saying in the 60's & 70's:
    74/75
    80/81
    85/86
    97/98
    99/00

I'm in the 3rd of 4 consecutive generations of family Charlton supporters, so I guess it's all in the blood and there's sod all we can do about it. Bloody plastics, eh? ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely OR, I remember when the programme used to do sort of quiz type interviews with the players: their ambition was always to play in the 1st. Division with Charlton (film star always Clint E.). For some reason I always remember Les Berry saying that when we were in the third! Likewise I'm 4th generation and son is 5th. He's equal on two ups and 2 downs.Unfortunately I can't see a great escape here, 40 or so points reqired from 27 games, possible but not on current form. '56/57 was an interesting year: 62 for, 120 against, the Valley was the place for goals!
  • Options
    You shouldn't even consider urself a Charlton fan if you wouldn't,

Lets face it, we r a crap team, no money, but thats what i love about the club, no matter how many lows we have, it just makes the highs that much better, many laugh at us for having crap support, last night was an example, not many teams would have that approach following what we have just been through over the past few seasons, it just makes me even more up 4 saturday!!!

CHARLTON TILL I DIE, and proud of it!!!
  • Options
    never. i'm charlton. end of.
  • Options
    Stupid question...
  • Options
    pointless thread we all know the answer
  • Options
    Would never leave them even though i hate them right now, Now Pardews gone i shall return to my seat and get behind them 100% on saturday non stop singing no abuse to players or Parky.

loads of old skool singing

charlton till i die

Kenny anchumpong (dont care if it aint spelt right)
  • Options
    Can't believe anyone would start such a thread...particularly on CL where you'd expect just about everyone to be 100% Addicks anyway!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I would never give up on Charlton, not even if we were reduced to a Sunday league side playing in Charlton Park every week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But your not a plastic, Chigs.
    You've done it the hard way, like most of us on here.

Gary Churchhouse was my driving instructor, he was a plonker.
  • Options
    I've got a mate who changed clubs, Brentford to Chelsea! didn,t understand then and still don't,

a club is for life and not just the good times,

just got my seven year old son wanting the words to VFR, and taking him along as my dad took me gives me a feeling that is hard to explain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I been supporting them for 20 years and I won't stop whatever league we're in.
    If it is League 1 - so be it but there is ages to go before that is confirmed.
    There will be some quality grounds to go to for a start.

Hmm Carlisle...Hartlepool.......

LEEDS! Nearly 6 years since we beat them 2-1 on their patch. Still gloating even to this day. Yorkshire gits.
  • Options
    33 years of Charlton, been through worse than this. It's in the blood never seriously considered the idea of changing teams.
  • Options
    tavern overheard a conversation in his gym the other week between a millwall fan and a west ham fan... the west ham fan spotted the millwall tattoo (this is in the steam room of the gym) and said he used to support them but got fed up with it so started going to west ham instead... it almost ended in blows, the millwall fan "steamed" out of the room saying he had never heard anything so ridiculous in his life. he was still going on about it to ian in the changing room.
  • Options
    Will never give up on us. Been part of me my whole life.
  • Options
    Could not even contemplate it

Even if it meant derbies with Welling
  • Options
    What a dreadful question; stopping supporting Charlton! Never!

I'll have VFR played at my funeral!