Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ian Holloway

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Personally, i think this bloke is to use his own words "Mustard" i really like his approach and style. we could really do with a character like him in the Valley. He got burnt at leicester but really did well at plymouth. Has not been mentioned anywhere on here it seems a shootout between Parky Boothroyd and Billy Davies. Any other outsiders in the frame? im throwing Ian Hollway in the hat, any others..

IanHolloway-160x160.jpg

Comments

• I think the bloke is a blowhard who's achieved sweet sod all in this division.
  • John Collins.
  • Ollie is a spanner.

Entertaining YES
    good manager - NO
  • Nuttiness, randomness and frivolity bordering on insanity is not what we need. No ta.
  • Kept Leicester up.

Oh, yeah
  • no thanks, he can get to the back of the queue next to Mad Dog Allen.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no thanks, he can get to the back of the queue next to Mad Dog Allen.

Totally agree, would be gutted if either of these muppets were even interviewed!
  • oh dear.........I would have either of then instead of the other "muppets" (as you call them) recently bandied about ( Alladyce, Curbs, Parky)
  • edited October 2010
    For me the obvious choice of manager would have to be Sam Allardyce, he has allegedly expressed an interest in managing an ambitious club that can be built up, I feel we are that club.
    A lot has been said about not being able to afford him, has he (been) asked/applied? I feel with someone like him he could probably fashion something decent out of the core players we have, instill a bit of pride and passion and get some results, we may not play like brazil under him but the Big Sam factor would add a bit of steel to us and put a bit of fear in our opponents, Bolton are most definately not a bigger club than us yet when you look at what he achieved there you couldn't help but admire them/him.
    For our immediate revival I would rather spend reasonably on a manager who will bring something to the table than waste comparable sums on Gray/Varney/Mcleod and all the never ending loan signings that really only undermine the fabric of the team anyway. Loans should only be used as a last resort or with a view to purchase. How many loans did we start with on Tuesday? Five! How many times in the history of our club have we seen nearly 50% of the team made up of players who probably won't have any vested interest in our club at all after December?
    I would rather have a manager who attempts to utilise our own players and augments them with the occasional long term loan for stability purposes. Against Qpr on Tuesday it was amazing we ran them as close as we did given that some of our players were probably still introducing themselves to each other before kick off!
    For me Sam Allardyce could offer us the chance to begin the long haul back.
  • Oh no not Holloway.

As much as he is funny especially in that quality rag Sunday Sport, we don't need a fruitcake managing CHarlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• And can I just say Henry.......................

"No Tims in Europe"

"No Tims in Europe"

"No Tims in Europe"

:-)
  • All this talk about other managers is a waste of time, as we are supposedly about to make another "signing" Parkie is obviously in charge for the forseeable future, if not permanently
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]John Collins.

That is a great shout
  • I think we are approaching, if we have not even arrived at the stage where only a statement of intent from Charlton will ensure our survival this season & that means a 'Big Name' as Manager. We did not have one with Dowie or Reed & Pards was probably the best we could get at the time. Even if it is only on a short term till end of season deal, we need someone in that will fire up everyone at the club from the fans up to the board not to even mention the team. Someone that shows we as a club mean Business, someone that makes the rest of the league realise Charlton will be no pushovers for the rest of the season. I think that man is Allardyce, no more half measures Charlton, we have to sort this mess & we need to do it now.
  • I would love Big Sam have backed him on here before when we first started about Pards going, would be an amzing coup for charlton and think we would love it down here. Ian Hollway was just a name i threw into the hat to open things up apart from the 'Usual Suspects' Big Sam 1st choice for me tho for the record.
  • Ketman is spot on, a real statement of intent is required and Allardyce is that. For humourous purposes well done adam for opening the debate!
  • No thanks he's less appealing than eating a turd.
  • Do people think Parky will be given it full time?
  • I hate Big Sam, he is a vile man whose teams play dull football, yet having said that desperate times call for desperate measures and I am willing to drive him to the Valley
  • For the love of God, NOT Holloway....pleeeeeeease NOT him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Please NOT Holloway!!!

I saw Big Sam linked with Forest yesterday in the media, so make of that what you will.

I have a feeling the board are going to back Parky, at least until xmas.
  • a complete loon of the first order ! he must have CAFC blood in him.
  • [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]Please NOT Holloway!!!

I saw Big Sam linked with Forest yesterday in the media, so make of that what you will.

I have a feeling the board are going to back Parky, at least until xmas.

by which time it'll be too late.
  • NO!! to all three mentioned Holloway, Boothroyd and Billy Davies.
  • Davies going to Forest.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Davies going to Forest.

quite likely, but not just yet.
  • Please not Allarydyce, he's a w*nker of the highest order (IMO)
  • Curbs would be the dream appointment but that won't happen for all sorts of reasons.

A lot of people wanted Parkinson before Dowie was appointed so give him a chance for a few games at least!
  • rooney rant

some interesting comments on this thread aswell looking back
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]rooney rant

some interesting comments on this thread aswell looking back

The massive bellend has a point...